forum

PP logic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tehu Tehu
can someone explain to me the PP logic ?
i gained like 70pp from a freakin easy song that i even didnt FC
and now i FC some harder song and i gained like 10pp
PLS
LexiaLovesU

N3rbex wrote:

PLS
Actually its the other way around look at top ranks and youll see
Topic Starter
Tehu Tehu

LexiaLovesU wrote:

N3rbex wrote:

PLS
Actually its the other way around look at top ranks and youll see
i still dont undetstand the logic of this system...
Blueprint
I don't see it in your top performance
nomen
Accuracy is a huge factor and you still get pp from a map if you didn't fc it and had combo which is big % of maps maximum combo.
mcdoomfrag

nomen wrote:

Accuracy is a huge factor and you still get pp from a map if you didn't fc it and had combo which is big % of maps maximum combo.
This is most likely the issue. A perfect performance on an easier song is worth more than shitty performance on a harder songs (in terms of accuracy, that is)

So for example, getting 99.80% on a hard song ( 2.2~ stars ) is worth more than a 92% FC on an Insane song ( 2.5~ stars ). Not saying that this is the case here, but it is most definitely a possibility. Basically, don't underestimate the value of accuracy.
Monstrata
I've always found that http://osu.ppy.sh/b/217253?m=0 was ridiculously easy for the amount of pp it gave. It's "insane" but i'm guessing thats the "easy" song you gained a bunch of pp from.

It is honestly strange. Some songs just give enormous pp despite being (at least in my opinion) far easier than others. I think the system just prefers jumpy songs over streamy songs? (Can someone agree/disagree?) And that map just happens to have a lot of (very easy) jumps.
mcdoomfrag

monstrata wrote:

I've always found that http://osu.ppy.sh/b/217253?m=0I think the system just prefers jumpy songs over streamy songs? (Can someone agree/disagree?) And that map just happens to have a lot of (very easy) jumps.
From what I read around the forums, the general consensus is that, yes, jumps are somewhat overrated, however so are certain (death)stream maps. In my opinion, people tend to train their aim before their streaming, as aiming comes natural over time where-as streaming requires you to play certain maps that push you. Because of this, people overrate streams and think that ppv2 isn't doing it justice. It's all very subjective, but I think it's mostly fine as it is (other that the complete incompetence when it comes to readability, but that's inevitable given what is currently available).
Blueprint
In my opinion I think that just comes down to the individual, I learned to mash from full alting when I started xD but I guess streams generally come down to stamina in the end, but at the end of the day though for some 1 who has no aim It encourages me to play aim maps when I'm rewarded for it same goes other way around if people weren't rewarded for streaming they probably wouldn't even make an effort to learn it.
AmaiHachimitsu
As to aim being overrated.

It is, a bit.

BUT, mind that:

- There're more aim maps than stream maps
- adding hr doesn't change the speed as much

conclusion: there are more ways to train aiming along with getting ranks on scoreboards.

OP: I suggest that you don't care about pp now and just focus on playing. Map difficulty is based on an algorithm, it doesn't take patterns or some other combinations or players' preferences.

And, since it might be useful anyway

the jesus wrote:

I decree no more replies necessary.

Here is the generic reply that should be copy pasted into every thread like this by decree of me, king of G&R:

When you play a map, your rank updates - as such when you play, you see the effects of other people improving while you were away/playing/sleeping. Since you last played, thousands of people have been making new scores and a number of them have gained enough ranks to surpass you! When you play a map your rank is updated and put back into the correct position, this takes a massive strain off of the osu! servers as they don't have to calculate everyone's rank constantly which by extent allows peppy to deliver his impressive service as you see it for free!

To add to that, it is also possible that while you believe your score was improved by using mods or attaining a higher score, your accuracy may have been far lower or you incurred penalties for having more misses. according to the ranking system, your new score is (according to the ranking system) "worse". Replacing an old score with a "worse" score will cause you to lose the difference in pp.

The final way you could lose ranks is that the ranking system is altered in an attempt to be more accurate. When this happens your rank isn't updated until you play like previously mentioned.

I hope this covers everything! If you need more help check out this thread t/181850

-King of G&R jesus1412
Please stop making threads about PP. If you have any feedback concerning PP, there is a topic for that.