forum

CptXn Congrats

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soo bin
Why does everyone keep saying he fc it? I'm pretty sure the max combo is 2385, unless 1 combo off is just negligible.
Noobsicle
cause it sounds better than "passing" whilst being #1 on that map
Weed

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'll just use this opportunity to salute my family who was always there for me. Thank you
feels
Saint_old

skaiys wrote:

Why does everyone keep saying he fc it? I'm pretty sure the max combo is 2385, unless 1 combo off is just negligible.
it is fc minus 1 slider break. fc - 1 slider break.

no a 1 combo off play is not an fc, an FC is a FULL COMBO. it is not a FULL COMBO unless you get the max combo you can get. saying a -1 slider break fc is a FULL COMBO is like saying a korean is japanese, and then saying like, "well it doesn't matter."
Akali

Saint wrote:

no a 1 combo off play is not an fc, an FC is a FULL COMBO. it is not a FULL COMBO unless you get the max combo you can get. saying a -1 slider break fc is a FULL COMBO is like saying a korean is japanese, and then saying like, "well it doesn't matter."
Better comparison would be someone saying "Ye that fridge is $600" "Duu uuuh, nope, read the price it's $599"

It doesn't matter
jesse1412

Saint wrote:

skaiys wrote:

it is fc minus 1 slider break. fc - 1 slider break.

It's a full combo.
winber1
personally i believe all plays were made equal and all of them are fc's
Blueprint
Some 1 beat niko's scores already and Ill give you a month supporter nogard creator etc.
Saint_old

jesus1412 wrote:

It's a full combo.
im gonna full combo your face you fr**king loser
RaneFire

Akali wrote:

Better comparison would be someone saying "Ye that fridge is $600" "Duu uuuh, nope, read the price it's $599"
Exactly. It doesn't matter.

Getting 100's on slider-ends do not count as a miss, and do not break your combo like pressing a slider early would. They are just applied to the same combo multiplier as the last tick before the "missed" end, so you still get a 100 multiplied by the previous combo multiplier. The only difference is that the combo doesn't increase on that hit, so you end up with a map with less final combo multiplier, but every circle and slider in the map still has an upward-scaling combo multiplier applied to it, which is still reflective of the actual max combo. The multiplier is only set-back by 1 each time.

It's a full-combo.

I saw one of Shizuru-'s DT plays on some vocaloid map with like 20 slider-end 100's. I still thought of it as a full-combo.
Saint_old

RaneFire wrote:

Akali wrote:

Exactly. It doesn't matter.

Getting 100's on slider-ends do not count as a miss, and do not break your combo like pressing a slider early would. They are just applied to the same combo multiplier as the last tick before the "missed" end, so you still get a 100 multiplied by the previous combo multiplier. The only difference is that the combo doesn't increase on that hit, so you end up with a map with less final combo multiplier, but every circle and slider in the map still has an upward-scaling combo multiplier applied to it, which is still reflective of the actual max combo. The multiplier is only set-back by 1 each time.

It's a full-combo.

I saw one of Shizuru-'s DT plays on some vocaloid map with like 20 slider-end 100's. I still thought of it as a full-combo.
well thanks for the extra 20 dollars
RaneFire

Saint wrote:

well thanks for the extra 20 dollars
You clearly have no grasp of the English language.

Maximum is an absolute term. Full is a relative term.

Full is used in this case. If it were said "max combo" then yes, it is not a max combo.
GoldenWolf
#shotsfired
Hello Skitty
this thread is now an official discussion of what will the community consider as "full combo"

if someone wants to congrat cpntXn he can open another thread about it
GoldenWolf
I think this place has enough threads about congratulate players already
Loves
i would like to congratulate lewa on getting 4x100 on worlds end.

thanks for reading
Saint_old
emailed peppy about the full combo thing ill get back to you
DenoisoGoiso
^lmao
Xyrax Alaria

winber1 wrote:

personally i believe all plays were made equal and all of them are fc's
This.
Hamster Only
I always thought a combo is defined as a FC when at the end of a beatmap, you can continue the combo if we assume there were to be more circles to hit and whatnot after the very end.

So since CptXn can still continue the combo at the end if we assume the beat map was longer then why not? It's a FC.

I think people who defined a FC as hitting every single possible notes are just used to playing the easier 99% of the other beatmaps since if you missed a note, you would most likely not get near #1.
Soo bin

HamsterCurry wrote:

I always thought a combo is defined as a FC when at the end of a beatmap, you can continue the combo if we assume there were to be more circles to hit and whatnot after the very end.

So since CptXn can still continue the combo at the end if we assume the beat map was longer then why not? It's a FC.

I think people who defined a FC as hitting every single possible notes are just used to playing the easier 99% of the other beatmaps since if you missed a note, you would most likely not get near #1.
What I define as a full combo is whether or not this appears at the end screen.

Compared to this.
RaneFire
Those are skinned items, you can make them say whatever you want.

Also "Full" is a word intended for measuring volumes. It should not be used with arbitrary numbers. People decided to anyway, since you couldn't use "maximum" in this situation (absolute term). It now has a colloquial meaning applied because of its improper use.

1254 vs 1255 combo, no misses, no breaks. That means 1 of your hits did not escalate the multiplier, but still received a multiplicative score count. I made it clear that all hits received an upward-scaling multiplier. The difference is that peppy decided to introduce a penalty for letting go of a slider early instead of breaking your combo. The previous combo multiplier is still applied. All hits received 1255 stages of a combo multiplier, 1 of them repeated itself. It's a much smaller difference.

That 20$ is not actually 20$ unless you BREAK your combo. It's worth less than 1$ in the case of a slider-end mistiming, but it is not this reduction in combo that affects your score so much either... it's the fact that you are receiving a 100 and not 300 for each one. But if you broke your combo, then it's 20$. Even then it's more complicated than that because multiplicative combo means those last 20$ after a BREAK could impact your score by 100$.

100$ vs 1$.

A glass of water is a full. A glass of water is filled to it's maximum (i.e. "filled to the brim").
Purple
How come absolutely nobody doubts about that score? It's leagues above everything else he has done. I guess his video convinced everyone the score is legit.
Saint_old
i might and i may or may not have reported it
Vuelo Eluko

Purple wrote:

How come absolutely nobody doubts about that score? It's leagues above everything else he has done. I guess his video convinced everyone the score is legit.
1. he's played it almost 2000 times
2. his notable inability to stream 'very high' bpm [like image material] rather supports that while everyone else trained speed he stayed in the 220ish range and got extremely consistent which makes sense because the next day he 2x100'd fallen world and guess the bpm...

pretty sure hes legit
Hamster Only

Purple wrote:

There is literally a video showing both his clicking and mouse movement and screen. If you doubt the score, then prove that one of his z or x doesn't match up in the video or something. Otherwise a baseless accusation just sounds like jealousy.

Like I'm pretty sure the sole reason he even recorded it is out of fear that people will doubt him because he's not rrtyui or cookiezi. If a video showing everything is not enough proof, then what is? Will the top players eventually have to get a proctor too?
f i z i k

HamsterCurry wrote:

Purple wrote:

There is literally a video showing both his clicking and mouse movement and screen. If you doubt the score, then prove that one of his z or x doesn't match up in the video or something. Otherwise a baseless accusation just sounds like jealousy.
There was once a cheater who even cheated a liveplay,I forgot who though. Or I might be mistaken :<
Akali
1700 plays on FD alone + other stream maps grind and liveplay, that leans towards legitimacy of the score for me.
xasuma

Purple wrote:

i saw it live. its "legit" ..
Valdyr
Also he uploaded that part of the live stream on YouTube. Sure, it's not impossible to fake or cheat, but there's a lot of evidence boiling down to the fact that it's real. Plus come on, 1700 plays, he just trained it out and did S it eventually.
Saint_old

f i z i k wrote:

There was once a cheater who even cheated a liveplay,I forgot who though. Or I might be mistaken :<
tom

HamsterCurry wrote:

If a video showing everything is not enough proof, then what is?
nothing is
Blueprint
Can this topic die already :D feel free to bump it when somebody has 1x 100 on FDFD or an SS http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133938 beat niko plz
Mikelicious
who
Mofu kun
Well this got derailed fairly quickly.
Rewben2

Blueprint wrote:

Can this topic die already :D feel free to bump it when somebody has 1x 100 on FDFD or an SS http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133938 beat niko plz
don't worry someone over in the rrytui thread is convinced he can fc atama with hr

Also I extremely doubt cptnxn is a cheater. Even without a liveplay + streams I wouldn't think he's a cheater.