forum

Catch the Beat General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
TeaMaestro

SangKrazF1nal3 wrote:

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

Lol only ones I ever see anymore or the same ones on the ctb maps and pretty much no one on hardly on conversion maps anymore. Conversions do help though. Idk guess the pp system just doesn't work for lower star maps so people lose motivation for new comers since think that last one I did was a 4.68 star dt at almost ar10 and barely got 30pp added.
My thoughts is even if the players aim for pp sometimes,some of them or including me just focus to get on scoreboard or to keep the consistent accuracy on maps which not being SS or FC. To me,they want to get known and being good at it at the same time. I do agree some plays for pp or ranks or other stuffs and despite pp isn't something really definite enough to supports people's play but more to sources of players motivation. IF they gain nothing,it is same as like they didn't do much to achieve it.
By the way,any thoughts and criticism by others is acceptable. Hope that give some good reviews on others too. :idea:

That's all from me...
Usually if I play something in CTB solely for improvement and not for PP, it is usually either loved, qualified or unranked maps
Kingkevin30

TaeMeister wrote:

Usually if I play something in CTB solely for improvement and not for PP, it is usually either loved, qualified or unranked maps
After a few years, i just shifted to secondary goals. Like Farming Score ; Score-Amount ; #1's or some other niche thing.
Because PP is very limited the higher you go.
Mid-Tier stuff still has a lot of variety because of the amount of Rains & Overdoses, but when it comes to Top Players, they are pretty much forced to play the same maps....or do some crazy HRHD or DT Scores on some older maps. Which in my eyes kinda kills competetion, because nobody can stand out that much anymore.....since its the same scores over and over again
DakkyChan
ded channel :C
TeaMaestro

DakkyChan wrote:

;(
Lexporxti

TaeMeister wrote:

DakkyChan wrote:

;(

:/
DakkyChan
We need to use this channel more than in the past at least I wish that :(
Kingkevin30
I still miss the old 462 page thread ;w;
It was unfair for it to get deleted....
so much History.....just gone
DakkyChan
Hopefully we can somehow revive this thread again :D
Lexporxti
Yeah, this is very desolate and sad :(

Come on ctb community, wake up
A Moon Gust
Hello.
DakkyChan
Hello Minato Yukina welcome back :)
Lexporxti

DakkyChan wrote:

Hello Minato Yukina welcome back :)

Hey! You're back!

Many things have happened while I was offline
Winnyace
hello bois.
Zeus-
Greetings everyone!
Kimitakari
Hi.
A Moon Gust
Hello Nelly.
KemZii
heello!
koemada

KemZii wrote:

heello!

heLLOOO
45Traeath
's up.
A Moon Gust
Howdy!
TeaMaestro
Why hello there O.o
Ahri
I should drop the old (pre hyperdash changes) Verdisphena maps/difficulties just to make people quit them instantly again.
A Moon Gust
Please do that.
Ahri
https://puu.sh/zH4Ro/21c58c5ae8.zip

They're not complete (I remember at least one missing map which Skyrius(Senyo) and VelperK battled with and sometimes silly me) and I don't really know if my old harddrive has them or even works at this point.
I'm sorry for the messed up stuff there.

Please take in mind that they were created before the whole Hyperdash change that was implemented on january 1st of 2013 so the mapping itself is kinda wonky with the more generous spawn of hyperfruits.
And of course they were made to have fun with hyperdashing and are considered for passing only (the less miss the better of course)

It's kinda sad to see barely anyone from back in 2011~2013 being active anymore. Oh well, things change.
45Traeath
After that research on OD's effect, I tried to get the scoring system on OD8.

I only tested with the Basics' Map of Peppy.

Hypothesis: for each Fruit AND Ticks, there's a +0.08% (OD8) in the 300's value. Droplets don't have any influence. SR final value have higher influence than OD?
(I'd like to suppose that Kiai works the same on every mode, but since I got no proof of that...)
EDIT: [Test with other Maps*]
- Actual increase value is +0.06% +0.16 (OD8), +0.2 (OD9) (EDIT: Wait, why the **** did I even test with HT on, am I stupid) (Conv. Maps only?)
- While sliding, increase value attributed to Slider Tail changes depending on amount of Ticks with a certain ratio
*Ref.: Forsaken / All I Need are Things I Like / Seventeen RPG / Slow Step / RUNNING IN THE 90'S / LAST GAME.

Common event: regardless of OD's value, the first two Fruits are 300 ( x 2 = 600), only as long as it's not a Slider including a Tick(?).
Dungeneer_old
Why isn't improvment in ctb rewarding?

I came back to beat some 1.75 star maps from 2 stars and they give me tons of pp compared to 2 stars...

At least i'm getting a lot of pp /shrug
mufugai

Dungeneer wrote:

Why isn't improvment in ctb rewarding?

I came back to beat some 1.75 star maps from 2 stars and they give me tons of pp compared to 2 stars...

At least i'm getting a lot of pp /shrug

its because high acc and combo will give you more pp, its not about what you can just pass
Mitsumi123
When you are top osu!ctb in your country but cant enter the tornament cause ur trash😢
Nikolai
how to play this game
Kimitakari
You just play it.
XxduckpigxX
What are good maps to learn dt on?
XxduckpigxX
what is your guys first 6*fc?
A Moon Gust
For me it's xeno overdose. I think for most people, it's usually blu overdose, xeno overdose or thunderclap.
Zephirine
w
DeletedUser_500696
Hi
XxduckpigxX
Hi
Ascendance

J-1 wrote:

A Moon Gust wrote:

For me it's xeno overdose. I think for most people, it's usually blu overdose, xeno overdose or thunderclap.
don't forget inferno overdose (also the occasional particle generator or paradisus paradoxum) :P
I still don't know how paradisus was 6* T_T
Kimitakari
:thinking:
VelperK

Ahri wrote:

https://puu.sh/zH4Ro/21c58c5ae8.zip

They're not complete (I remember at least one missing map which Skyrius(Senyo) and VelperK battled with and sometimes silly me) and I don't really know if my old harddrive has them or even works at this point.
I'm sorry for the messed up stuff there.

Please take in mind that they were created before the whole Hyperdash change that was implemented on january 1st of 2013 so the mapping itself is kinda wonky with the more generous spawn of hyperfruits.
And of course they were made to have fun with hyperdashing and are considered for passing only (the less miss the better of course)

It's kinda sad to see barely anyone from back in 2011~2013 being active anymore. Oh well, things change.
hi! thank you for uploading those maps, but the puush got deleted. could you reupload them?
_Zombii_
Hi, I just wonder if I should play CTB only maps or doesn't it matter? ^_^
show more