Zak
I did a thing
Colin

Zak wrote:

I did a thing
Grats on 10k ss
Axiaan
GG ! :)
You're the first from American continent to have 10k SS on CTB. :)
Now, 15k hehehe.
Zak
Next goal is 20k ;)
Axiaan
That's my goal too but it's very long. :(
Laharl

Zak wrote:

Next goal is 20k ;)
You're hopeless. xD
Zak

Laharl wrote:

Zak wrote:

Next goal is 20k ;)
You're hopeless. xD
When has there ever been any hope?

Riari
Join the mapping contest you gits.
He Ang CTB
My next goal is 20kpp :D
MBomb
My next goal is lvl20k :^)))))

out of interest though how much score would that actually require lmao (probably more score than it's possible to get even if you spent your whole life playing osu)
Zak
I may be wrong but I don't think the amount of score for extra levels goes any higher past 100, if I'm right (I might not be) it takes around 100 billion total score per level.

ALSO WELCOME BACK TENSHICHAN O SHIT
He Ang CTB
1111th reply \o/
Axiaan

Zak wrote:

I may be wrong but I don't think the amount of score for extra levels goes any higher past 100, if I'm right (I might not be) it takes around 100 billion total score per level.
Unforgiving Marathon FC X 50 for a level.
52.57 x 50 = 43 hours.

43 hours for a level, that's not a lot. :D
Zak

Gauderique wrote:

Zak wrote:

Unforgiving Marathon FC X 50 for a level.
52.57 x 50 = 43 hours.

43 hours for a level, that's not a lot. :D
Also requires an FC each try (or very close to one) which isn't exactly easy on an hour long map..... Also the fact no one wants to try it ever again after getting an FC usually.
Golterboose
Hey guys :)
Laharl

Zak wrote:

ALSO WELCOME BACK TENSHICHAN O SHIT
I want to eat him. He probably tastes of salt.
Kimitakari
Hi
YesMyDarknesss
uaaa
Kimitakari

[224]Hyperw7 wrote:

uaaa
poi
Golterboose
poi
DeletedUser_6709840
hi everyone.

I wish I could read AR 9.
He Ang CTB
Any good skins to recommend? :o
Kagari

RoseusJaeger wrote:

hi everyone.

I wish I could read AR 9.
you will get to that level soon enough :D

He Ang Erika wrote:

dango skin is my favorite one right now :3
Sousaki

He Ang Erika wrote:

http://puu.sh/qqZcA/c62a0dacd4.osk
Golterboose
I tend to use fairly simple skins like white circles and transparent circles haha.. Nothing that amazing

Emiru's skin that I use
http://puu.sh/qkO8G/68d15e6f4c.rar
Laharl

He Ang Erika wrote:

I'm happy with my Vice Versa Skin.
iiyo
Catch the Beat General Discussion
Golterboose
We are discussing ctb skins. We haven't gone off topic if that is what you are implying.
iiyo
no just memeing ;
o x
Any thoughts on the way ctb mapping is going?

Personally I'm not a big fan of it and that's because to me the maps seem all done before, I am a big fan of older maps because they were difficult at the time and still are, I feel as if maps now can be mastered with little practice. Overly used hyper maps feel like they only rely on speed and your ability to read the hyper, if you are like me and have played enough hyper jump maps to know how to play hypers, a lot of makes seem to get boring. I enjoy old maps because they require platter control and there are hard jumps that you need to practice over and over to pull off.

It feels like makes now just revolve around the goal of getting higher PP ratings so that more people play the map instead of having a difficult map that gives no PP at all.
Rurree
If anyone could send me the Tenyo skin, that'd be great.
Kingkevin30

Rip, had the first CS9.1 but it didn't submit xD
MBomb

Kingkevin30 wrote:

Rip, had the first CS9.1 but it didn't submit xD
damn, nice though (spins too op)
[Super Shock]_old
I am back
Kingkevin30

Cawub wrote:

Any thoughts on the way ctb mapping is going?

Personally I'm not a big fan of it and that's because to me the maps seem all done before, I am a big fan of older maps because they were difficult at the time and still are, I feel as if maps now can be mastered with little practice. Overly used hyper maps feel like they only rely on speed and your ability to read the hyper, if you are like me and have played enough hyper jump maps to know how to play hypers, a lot of makes seem to get boring. I enjoy old maps because they require platter control and there are hard jumps that you need to practice over and over to pull off.

It feels like makes now just revolve around the goal of getting higher PP ratings so that more people play the map instead of having a difficult map that gives no PP at all.
I stay by this statement 100% , but on other side, i can see why people also enjoy the mapping-style. I may not be one of them, but having the clean spacing and those hyper heavy reaction-based movements can also be a nice challange.

It's just that i think that purposefully designing maps that way loses a lot of gameplay depth (mainly as you mentioned platter control), aswell as killing the emphisis of hypers being something comparable to kiai time....like, in old hard stuff, you only used hypers to really emphazise when something got really intense and needed that extra speed to sell you on its Intensity (pun intended).

P.S : Welcome Back Super Shock o/
madalyne11
Why haven't I ever posted here before well now I have xD
Riari
Hyper emphasis is a core part of (current) ctb mapping that I personally, think is much more polished than older style maps.

Whilst patterns that do not include hypers can be more difficult due to timing and such, the emphasis those jumps provide do not create the musical emphasis that a hyper does.
The only way to currently create a map similar to older styles where hypers are less prevalent is to create something similar to Avalon, patterning in ctb is not as flexible as one would like for emphasis so it's hard to create a solid balance without inconsistencies.

New styles anre ideas are always welcome but take time to integrate and try out before they can push for rank, this causes a lot of people to waver and instead stick to a safer and more streamlined approach that we see today.
show more