Nerd fare wrote:

Over 50 retries is coming :D
Only 50??
Zak
Do it in 1 try to show true supremacy
Seph
Don't do it to assert dominance.
Laharl
I decided to play again a bit since 1 year+ or even more.

Never thought that I'd become so horribly bad so I have to play everything with AR8 or above (which is pretty much every newer map) with EZ. After a while I found it pretty fun, to be honest.

Don't expect anything outstanding or anything.

I can even FC this. Not that it is difficult.

Almost S (D)... ;_;

I wonder if one can 100% this on EZ. It's somewhat ridiculous. =|

That was the only map where I performed with EZ better than I did with HT.

Eazy needs more multiplier. It's a great mod. \o/

Tried some more maps as well but most of them were too much for me.
Kingkevin30

Laharl wrote:

I decided to play again a bit since 1 year+ or even more.

Never thought that I'd become so horribly bad so I have to play everything with AR8 or above (which is pretty much every newer map) with EZ. After a while I found it pretty fun, to be honest.

Don't expect anything outstanding or anything.

I can even FC this. Not that it is difficult.

Almost S (D)... ;_;

I wonder if one can 100% this on EZ. It's somewhat ridiculous. =|

That was the only map where I performed with EZ better than I did with HT.

Eazy needs more multiplier. It's a great mod. \o/

Tried some more maps as well but most of them were too much for me.
I'm really glad to see you back :3 i hope you can get hooked by the gameplay again ^^
Zak
While I got a lot of bad misses, according to CLSW, I'm the first person to pass this with HD
Granger
I dont understand how ctb specific maps are always so fgfhfkfefdef compared to converts of exactly the same star diff. Played a bunch of 4* stuff today, doing reasonably well with like ~97.50%, came across a few ctb specifics and got roflstomped by these.
Zak
It should actually be the opposite, converted maps of the same difficulty as specifics are usually far harder, I can FC 4* ctb maps like they're nothing but converts actually take several tries if I even end up doing them at all.
iiyo

Granger wrote:

I dont understand how ctb specific maps are always so fgfhfkfefdef compared to converts of exactly the same star diff. Played a bunch of 4* stuff today, doing reasonably well with like ~97.50%, came across a few ctb specifics and got roflstomped by these.
Because they are made for ctb? and they are SUPPOSED to be harder lol, converts is more of a complimentary thing, like a extra bonus, some converts can be hard but I think a 7 star ctb map vs a 7 star convert the 7 star ctb map will be always harder because it's designed to be like that way, extended spacing and hard stair jumps etc.
Laharl

Granger wrote:

Actually I consider both types of today's maps pretty much fucked up. Even any random Insane difficulty is mostly completely overrun with retarded patterns and stuff which didn't exist back then.
Granger

Zak wrote:

It should actually be the opposite, converted maps of the same difficulty as specifics are usually far harder, I can FC 4* ctb maps like they're nothing but converts actually take several tries if I even end up doing them at all.
If i had to guess, thats because converts are completly unpredictable - their spacing is all over the place because how the conversion works. No consistency whatsoever. Didnt expect that sudden 6x jump out of no where? Yeah, i didnt either.

Even so, i feel converts are overall more enjoyable than the specifics. Rain level maps are mostly "Yeah, not gonna be able to Fc that, probably not even pass" and platter is too easy almost all the time.

zSkill wrote:

Because they are made for ctb? and they are SUPPOSED to be harder lol, converts is more of a complimentary thing, like a extra bonus, some converts can be hard but I think a 7 star ctb map vs a 7 star convert the 7 star ctb map will be always harder because it's designed to be like that way, extended spacing and hard stair jumps etc.
If so, why dont they have a higher star rating? Isnt the star rating supposed to tell you how hard a map is to fullcombo? I mean, i understand that the SR is by no means perfect, but the averange 4* ctb map feels like your averange 5* converted map and that consistently. (im starting to really struggle at 4.5* converts for reference.)

And frankly, there are way too little ctb specific maps ranked to see converts as just complimentary. I've downloaded EVERY SINGLE ranked ctb map and yet i find that i dont have enough maps in my range. Doesnt help that a lot of these are just guestdiffs of std sets and dont have easier difficulties.
Dianthus

Granger wrote:

If so, why dont they have a higher star rating? Isnt the star rating supposed to tell you how hard a map is to fullcombo? I mean, i understand that the SR is by no means perfect, but the averange 4* ctb map feels like your averange 5* converted map and that consistently. (im starting to really struggle at 4.5* converts for reference.)

And frankly, there are way too little ctb specific maps ranked to see converts as just complimentary. I've downloaded EVERY SINGLE ranked ctb map and yet i find that i dont have enough maps in my range. Doesnt help that a lot of these are just guestdiffs of std sets and dont have easier difficulties.
I think most CTB 4 stars are far easier than STD converted 4 stars. Maybe it's because you're used to playing STD converted maps?

I do agree that we have too few CTB specific maps, would like to see some more maps around 5.5-6.5 stars (they must also be nice to play and fit the song). I mean right now we have a few Overdoses around 5-5.5 stars and then we have like 1 star empty space (except 2 Marathons) and then there's 6.5 stars with a few songs.
PakaChan

Granger wrote:

As you get better, you will notice you're going to do better and better on specifics while barely anything will change on converts. It's only natural, one mistake on a CTB specific map will disrupt your flow, maybe even make you a miss hyper which leads to more misses. CTB specifics are a lot more punishing but when you are able to FC them, 4 stars converts will seem like a nightmare compared to 4 stars specifics.
DxNightwave

PakaChan wrote:

As you get better, you will notice you're going to do better and better on specifics while barely anything will change on converts. It's only natural, one mistake on a CTB specific map will disrupt your flow, maybe even make you a miss hyper which leads to more misses. CTB specifics are a lot more punishing but when you are able to FC them, 4 stars converts will seem like a nightmare compared to 4 stars specifics.
You hit it right on the nail, good stuff o/
Granger

PakaChan wrote:

Granger wrote:

Hmm, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining it to me!
Kingkevin30

zSkill wrote:

Granger wrote:

I'd hope its not that way qwq i find difficulty can be complemantary to make a map more enjoyable and fitting to its song...but saying it should ALWAYS be the case is kinda meeeh to me.

most specifics are designed to be supper snappy or have a flawless route of Hitcircles/Sliders in various kinds of patterns and sometimes i find that kinda boring,
having the feeling of a pattern/movement Route being unexspected is sometimes getting me out of the headspace of "Having to be accurate or else i'll miss"
Seph

Granger wrote:

unpredictable
welp thats the answer you were looking for.
Granger

Seph wrote:

Granger wrote:

unpredictable
welp thats the answer you were looking for.
If anything, that would make converts harder, which is the opposite of my problem.
Seph
Well converts are imo more worth playing than CtB specifics since they are all getting repetitive as of now.
ZiRoX
Converts of the same star rating are (generally) a bit harder because of the way the star rating works, overrating hyperdashes. CTB specifics have (usually) consistent jumping, with patterns steadily increasing the star rating; converts (speaking mostly for insanes and below here) have sections that translate into really little spacing (so they increase star rating a tiny bit), and then a really hard pattern (1/4 spread sliders, timing jumps) comes and shoots the star rating, creating a sudden difficulty spike that makes them harder to FC, while both are the same star rating.

inb4 this is the worst explanation ever and noone understands.
-PM-
Seph

ZiRoX wrote:

Converts of the same star rating are (generally) a bit harder because of the way the star rating works, overrating hyperdashes. CTB specifics have (usually) consistent jumping, with patterns steadily increasing the star rating; converts (speaking mostly for insanes and below here) have sections that translate into really little spacing (so they increase star rating a tiny bit), and then a really hard pattern (1/4 spread sliders, timing jumps) comes and shoots the star rating, creating a sudden difficulty spike that makes them harder to FC, while both are the same star rating.

inb4 this is the worst explanation ever and noone understands.
worst explanation ever and i dont understand

/runs
Badis
Its simple
Convert map : not made for ctb so we have cancer patterns we have to retry 1 million times to pass them
CTB map : No cancer at all , can be fc easily , we miss only because of skill
Zak
That's correct in theory

Problem is we have CtB mappers include cancer in their maps as well...
CLSW

Seph wrote:

Well converts are imo more worth playing than CtB specifics since they are all getting repetitive as of now.
Please, this is really a rude conversation against the ctb mappers who are still keeping their progress for enjoyable maps.
CelegaS
I didn't play much this year and my feeling is 80% of ranked ctd are about easy hdash that make the map 5-6 stars.

Actually if i like the song i'll probably replay the map. There is some 4stars rain that are more fun than last 6stars ranked.
Spectator
the sweet pp talk
Zak
It's been so long and people still can't play for simple enjoyment
Granger

Zak wrote:

It's been so long and people still can't play for simple enjoyment
What you talkin bout? While i unloaded my frustation related to the sr, i dont give a single crap about pp and just want to catch fruits.

Hell, i often dont even go for fc because retrying a map with 1-3 misses untilll they all are gone is about the least fun thing to spend your time at i can imagine.
But i guess thats just me then... *shrugs*
Seph

CLSW wrote:

Seph wrote:

Please, this is really a rude conversation against the ctb mappers who are still keeping their progress for enjoyable maps.
note what i highlighted

pls enjoy gaem
iiyo
i think i'm pregnant with nekos
Zak
no
Smudge
absolutely not
unwilling
never my dude
Jimmy Rustler
i highly think not
-Ryuujii-

Badis wrote:

Its simple
Convert map : not made for ctb so we have cancer patterns we have to retry 1 million times to pass them
i would have to disagree on something here, some CTB maps actually are "cancer" or the sweet pp talk
Dianthus

-Ryuujii- wrote:

Badis wrote:

Its simple
i would have to disagree on something here, some CTB maps actually are "cancer" or the sweet pp talk
I don't think there are many cancer CTB maps, at least the newer ones aren't cancer.
Zak
I feel like some shouldn't exactly be looked at as cancer, but I feel like a few maps are pushing how high the difficulty should be for said map, this by no means applies to any and all hard maps, just some specific ones.
Giorgos
What's up, guys? :)
CLSW
OMG
show more