The new website is really nice.
MBomb
JBH not in mappers is surprising :o
autofanboy
haha xd

Golterboose
Beautiful
45Traeath
Yes, literally "my ribs", I felt pain in my ribs when I was done with it.
(Also, new personal record in terms of "full + highest difficulty + real time".)
Buster
Took #1 from RAMPAGE88 :D
Kingkevin30

Lolinator2000 wrote:

Took #1 from RAMPAGE88 :D
Thats a rarity :3
RAMPAGE88
still can't defeat airman tbh lul
autofanboy
:thinking:
Buster

RAMPAGE88 wrote:

still can't defeat airman tbh lul
hehe xd
DeletedUser_1417202
Kingkevin30

I finally have 10K S-Ranks !! No idea if i should be ashamed.....or proud lol
Axiaan
when 10k ss
Zak

Gauderique wrote:

when 10k ss
Never because his accuracy is garbage lel
DeletedUser_1417202

Kingkevin30 wrote:

I finally have 10K S-Ranks !! No idea if i should be ashamed.....or proud lol
10000S😲
Golterboose
Congratulations to Dusk for hitting 15k pp
[Super Shock]_old
God (<-- btw a good HR player Xd) dammit RAMPAGE88 soooooooo PRO!!11!!!1
45Traeath
autofanboy

aha this game sucks
Laharl
very good
Laharl
double post oh noez

One of my 2 A's and I want it gone. But it's a bad score anyway so whaddauwannadoaboutit.
mulraf
soo... any news on the "monthly" mapping contest?
i really like some of the maps and would love to see them ranked :x
don't know where to write this so i'll just ask here :x
He Ang CTB
Anyone kinda feel like you're suffering from "finger configuration" problems? I feel like this may be affecting me subtly.

I feel like changing my Index finger for left, to Middle finger for left. But after so much time I've gotten used to this configuration, it will be extremely hard to re-program a different finger for the same function. I'm considering if I should make the change or just leave it the way it is.

It seems to me that Middle finger generally has more range of motion and speed/force. Sometimes I find that I can tap as fast I want on my Index finger without moving my entire hand, but I often have to bounce my hand up and down to use the Ring finger as fast/precisely as the Index finger. That's how I think maybe switching to Middle finger might be better, that is I can give the Middle finger same speed and power and it'll be consistent with what my Index finger does. I do face the problem that my catcher usually miss more fruits on the left side of the screen, because going to the left requires me to lift my hand which takes some time.

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, anyone has the same problem?
eldnl
please take a look at this t/624515
45Traeath
DeletedUser_500696

He Ang Erika wrote:

Anyone kinda feel like you're suffering from "finger configuration" problems? I feel like this may be affecting me subtly.

I feel like changing my Index finger for left, to Middle finger for left. But after so much time I've gotten used to this configuration, it will be extremely hard to re-program a different finger for the same function. I'm considering if I should make the change or just leave it the way it is.

It seems to me that Middle finger generally has more range of motion and speed/force. Sometimes I find that I can tap as fast I want on my Index finger without moving my entire hand, but I often have to bounce my hand up and down to use the Ring finger as fast/precisely as the Index finger. That's how I think maybe switching to Middle finger might be better, that is I can give the Middle finger same speed and power and it'll be consistent with what my Index finger does. I do face the problem that my catcher usually miss more fruits on the left side of the screen, because going to the left requires me to lift my hand which takes some time.

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, anyone has the same problem?
Yea I've had the same problem, before 2016 I used my index and ring finger and since then I switched to my index and middle fingers. It was difficult to get used to but my timing greatly improved as a result. The downside for me is that it still feels kind of awkward and I tend to mess up hypers more than I used to. I can't really recommend one playstyle more than the other haha. Index and ring is better for general play, index and middle is better for precise timing jumps imo.
45Traeath
How is OD important?
JBHyperion

45Traeath wrote:

How is OD important?
Short answer: it's not

Long answer someone will probably correct me on: It slightly affects max score per fruit, but not in a continuous way. For some reason I recall something like OD0-7 being one boundary, and then OD7-10 being another? Again probably wrong on those numbers but psure it's a discrete change.
autofanboy
OD doesn't affect your gameplay, unlike the other modes
45Traeath

JBHyperion wrote:

Long answer someone will probably correct me on: It slightly affects max score per fruit, but not in a continuous way. For some reason I recall something like OD0-7 being one boundary, and then OD7-10 being another? Again probably wrong on those numbers but psure it's a discrete change.
I went ahead and tested some variations on a Map I'm working on.
From 0 to 7.7 included, maximum score will vary, which to me proves the score per object/fruit side of the theory. From 7.8, it will stay at a single higher value, much higher than OD7.7.
If it's like this, then isn't a high OD not important in the ranking criteria? (FYI: Not really aiming for it, just wanting people to enjoy song and/or Map.)

EDIT: Wow, I'm 44mins late XD
JBHyperion
Nice research +1

To answer your second question, I imagine that's the reason we force OD = AR in the ranking criteria. It does nothing in terms of gameplay like in the other modes which rely on hit timing - in catch you either get the fruit or you don't.

The only thing it affects is max score. If OD could have free choice, everyone would probably set it to >7.7 for highest score opportunity haha
Axiaan
Depends of the OD, it gives more bananas on spinners right? That's what I deduce from thousands and thousands plays.
autofanboy

Gauderique wrote:

Depends of the OD, it gives more bananas on spinners right? That's what I deduce from thousands and thousands plays.
The amount of bananas in a spinner only depends on how long the spinner is, I think what you mean by "more" is the density:
For the density of bananas, most likely depends on the BPM of the song and the AR of the particular difficulty
45Traeath

Gauderique wrote:

Depends of the OD, it gives more bananas on spinners right?
Would be weird.
Maximum score is displayed in the Map Editor's testing option (F5). Not a single number has changed during those tests.

Buster
i quit ctb
PakaChan

JBHyperion wrote:

45Traeath wrote:

How is OD important?
Short answer: it's not

from the wiki: (https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Score/#osu!catch)
Score = Hit Value + [Hit Value * ((Combo multiplier * Difficulty multiplier * Mod multiplier) / 25)]
show more