forum

Get Hype! Melty Blood Tourney!

posted
Total Posts
show more
The_Priest_In_Yellow
This would be my suggested format for the replay naming.

%A%5%B%6%D%n

Meaning the bottom line of that block should look like:

replayFilenameFormat = %A%5%B%6%D%n
Meaning, of course, P1nick + P1character(first three letters) + P2nick + P2character(-"-) + Current date in yymmdd + Sequence Number.
Which would be eg. PriestWarNavyLen100101 followed by a sequence number for multiple matches.

These replays are saved in folders inside the "Replay" folder in your game directory.
Just zip/rar the replay folder of your choice, like PriestWarNavyLen100101 and it'll work fine.

EDIT: Without the sequence number or current time option, the file will fail to save, since there already is a replay with that name. Therefore I would suggest adding a sequence number, for the tourney at least.
Burning_Cyclope

lukewarmholiday wrote:

unfortunately yes because you're a new user. Feel free to play in the hamachi though.
What constitutes a "new user" and how/when I will be considered no longer a new user? (osu rank? registration date? post count?)
How do I participate in the hamachi?

Also, when is the next tourney going to take place? I'm excited to join in the next one! (if I can participate in that one)

In the meantime I'll brush up on my melty blood skills. I used to be about average (I think ... I only played against the same people every time so I'm not sure about how I would match up against the general MBAC community) but I haven't played in a while.
Nakata Yuji

Burning_Cyclope wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

unfortunately yes because you're a new user. Feel free to play in the hamachi though.
What constitutes a "new user" and how/when I will be considered no longer a new user? (osu rank? registration date? post count?)
How do I participate in the hamachi?

Also, when is the next tourney going to take place? I'm excited to join in the next one! (if I can participate in that one)

In the meantime I'll brush up on my melty blood skills. I used to be about average (I think ... I only played against the same people every time so I'm not sure about how I would match up against the general MBAC community) but I haven't played in a while.
I think he means that you're too late for sign-ups more than being a new user. Wait, you're rank 185.
Jinxy

Burning_Cyclope wrote:

I believe it is activity in forums/IRC. You may be #185 but I have never heard of you in game and its only your 3rd post in the forums.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
After reading Threads on how to beat Hisui and Len with kouma my options are to not fuck up my okizime when I get it. Otherwise :V

Kohaku I should be able EX shield/bara everything, only reason ive been losing matches against her is FUCKIGN SHIT I WAS MASHIN 2A WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR 2A SLIP THROUGH MINE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK KOUMA AND HIS SLOW 2A.
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

After reading Threads on how to beat Hisui and Len with kouma my options are to not fuck up my okizime when I get it. Otherwise :V

Kohaku I should be able EX shield/bara everything, only reason ive been losing matches against her is FUCKIGN SHIT I WAS MASHIN 2A WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR 2A SLIP THROUGH MINE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK KOUMA AND HIS SLOW 2A.
Can you really even Bara on netplay?
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Bara canceling is all about quick inputs so frame delay will not affect it at all. i think.
Mafiamaster
Teach me how to 2 frame someone
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Read.

Anyway all you do for say kouma's bara cancelled grab is while in blockstun do the input for he shield bunker and then hit C immediately afterwards and it goes into his grab.
Mafiamaster
Read what.

Idc about Kouma ._.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

I don't know how much benefit your characters get out of it but this is basically what it does, instead of doing your 214+D(your shield bunker) it cancels into a halfcircle back special or 214 special.

For kouma this allows him to do his EX Dunk immediately after blocking a move which basically means you're shit out of luck of you were doing a ground combo string.
Mafiamaster
Ahh, ok. Thanks!! =D
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Timing is strange though because you're basically cheating the games input system to thinking you're inputting 2 buttons at exactly the same time. You have to do the input for the super DURING OR BEFORE you do the input for the shield bunker. That said not many characters even benefit from it.

In reality this is only situationally useful for
214 and 421 specials
backdash, throw, superjump
heat activation, front dash

From easiest to cancel to hardest, front dash is nigh impossible for me.

It's not even useful for most characters.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I got bored

Like I'll ever land this one ingame.
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Bara canceling is all about quick inputs so frame delay will not affect it at all. i think.
Irysa told me not to attempt it. I can try it with someone, I guess.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
It's not really useful, not even for me.

Learning my Okizime is what I need to be focusing on right now, and what I am. I can only correctly bara every one out of 10 times anyway.
Ephemeral
I must be completely retarded because after reading a fuckton of guides and moveset charts, I still can't consistently pull off any combo or even a goddamn grapple on a 3-CPU after playing for more than five hours at this point.

I keep trying to do warcueid's bloodwall thing consistently but I just can't seem to manage it somehow. Is it distance dependent or something?
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
5 hours?

pfft

Also use level 5 CPU, it may seem like suicide but getting your ass handed to you is really the only way to learn fast.

Also protip, 90% of the computer AIs will try to attack you immediately when they get up off the ground, just spam 2a above their bodies and receive combo.
Bestelle
I still haven't read a single guide for this game.

Is this bad? :|
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Not really
Cyclone
Cyclone(Miyako) beats Adam2046(V.Akiha) 2 matches to 0 matches.

I was beaten at uploading replays, so here's to assuming they are the right ones.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/cyclonevsadam2046.zip
Nakata Yuji
Is it too late to change my main characters? I realized that I suck with Sion and I'm better off with Nanaya and Hisui.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
go for it
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Don't forget to PM me if you're having issues with your match. Free win if your opponent backs out.
adam2046
Due to my brother deciding to waste all our quota watching videos of other people playing guitar hero, I have been left with hilariously slow internet (hilarious for some people maybe...)

I wont be able to play a match until the 11th (Australia time: GMT +10ish)

Edit: My avatar accurately depicts the opposite of how I feel about this...(kinda)
Nakata Yuji

adam2046 wrote:

Due to my brother deciding to waste all our quota watching videos of other people playing guitar hero, I have been left with hilariously slow internet (hilarious for some people maybe...)

My avatar accurately depicts how I feel about this...
darn that GHP.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

adam2046 wrote:

My avatar accurately depicts how I feel about this...
noted, your deadline is the 11th anyway and you're on daily so I doubt this will be much of a problem getting it done in the following days.
Nakata Yuji
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: replay.zip
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
his hitbox extends with his launcher.
EEeee
launcher?

w/e , , , Good game YUJI!!!
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
the one where you extend a thin appendage and swing upwards.
Bestelle

lukewarmholiday wrote:

his hitbox extends with his launcher.
In other words... Throw cats out with Len to make sure it doesn't hit? :O Noted.
Nero has too much range regardless... and considering I main Miyako. X_x
Nakata Yuji
It was a fun match though; except for when he had me in the air for legitimately 15 seconds.
And it comes out for like not even a second so it's hard to hit anyways, especially when he already has you in the air. :/
Mafiamaster

EEeee wrote:

Is that Nakata Yuji in your avatar, Nakata Yuji?
EEeee

Mafiamaster wrote:

Is that Nakata Yuji in your avatar, Nakata Yuji?
The_Priest_In_Yellow
CPU fan broken, religious holiday crap so no stores are open today.

So yeah. We'll see how this works out. I should be able to find a replacement tomorrow though.
Bestelle
Still wondering who Yuka is...
I is confused.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I said in the post, they are personal friends of mine, contact me to get a hold of them, they are on almost 100% of the time I'm on.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
New fan installed, but OH-SHI- and I are having difficulties connecting to each other. Getting a timeout error for an inexplicable reason.

We'll have the match done when it's done, that's that.
Gabi
this game has basicly destroyed all my skills i had in Touhou 12.3, i can't even dash normally in that game cause i think i will cross the screen in less then a milisecond.

anyways for the games

Gabi: Akiha vermillion
Tapdancingmetroid: mech-hisui

Download: GabiVsTapDancingMetroid.rar
show more