forum

Animes that deserve a second season

posted
Total Posts
show more
The Gambler
Maybe Inu x Boku S.S. so they can actually go in-depth with the plot, which they entirely missed with the current season.
Green Platinum

The Gambler wrote:

Maybe Inu x Boku S.S. so they can actually go in-depth with the plot, which they entirely missed with the current season.
idk sounds ambitious, having a plot and all.
The Gambler
Everything after the anime season of that manga is where shit got real. They should've tapped that instead.

Also probably "A Town Where You Live". I haven't seen classic style romance in a while.
WingSilent
Elfen Lied ;w;
It must deserve one :(
totekingsg1
1st of all, to those who want a 2nd season of sakurasou... i hope they never do it. I've read the manga, and I can just say 2 things: disappointing and sad.

2nd, i would like to have deadman wonderland 2nd season, cause the manga was GODLY.
Mafuuu

totekingsg1 wrote:

2nd, i would like to have deadman wonderland 2nd season, cause the manga was GODLY.
+1
A whole part of my life went missing when the manga went into hiatus but that amazing ending that came a year later was way worth it.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Nichijou. Comedy like it is very hard to find these days, where fanservice seems to be the norm for some. :x

Although, it seems like a long stretch, seeing as the sales for the first one didn't go so well.
Green Platinum

Mafuuu wrote:

totekingsg1 wrote:

+1
A whole part of my life went missing when the manga went into hiatus but that amazing ending that came a year later was way worth it.
I hate how the whole anime industry has become an advertisement for Games, LNs or Mangas nowadays.

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Nichijou. Comedy like it is very hard to find these days, where fanservice seems to be the norm for some. :x

Although, it seems like a long stretch, seeing as the sales for the first one didn't go so well.
It was pretty good nut that kind of absurd comedy doesn't work as well for second time viewing, also If I remember correctly the Japanese Blu-Rays were super expensive plus there were a heap of real good purchase worthy shows that year like Steins;Gate, Madoka, Penguindrum, Usagi Drop, GOSICK etc Nichijou would barely make it into my top 10 of 2011.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Green Platinum wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

It was pretty good nut that kind of absurd comedy doesn't work as well for second time viewing, also If I remember correctly the Japanese Blu-Rays were super expensive plus there were a heap of real good purchase worthy shows that year like Steins;Gate, Madoka, Penguindrum, Usagi Drop, GOSICK etc Nichijou would barely make it into my top 10 of 2011.
I guess it was just outplayed by better things that year, and better pricing points at that. Although, for some people, like me, slapstick comedy like in Nichijou never gets old. It's been a while since I laughed at an anime for it's comedy and not for it's ridiculousness.
Zefo
I would say Elfen Lied, but not a 2nd season just one or two OVA's would be great.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Zefo wrote:

I would say Elfen Lied, but not a 2nd season just one or two OVA's would be great.
If I recall correctly, Elfen Lied did get one OVA episode that fits chronologically between episode 10 and 11. It's more light-hearted compared to the main series though.
totekingsg1

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Zefo wrote:

If I recall correctly, Elfen Lied did get one OVA episode that fits chronologically between episode 10 and 11. It's more light-hearted compared to the main series though.
Ya, the ova was ep 10.5 and narrated the story of the young Kaede. I hope they dont do any kind of 2nd season or shit, cause the anime ending was MUCH better than the manga one, and the last chapters of the manga were completely stupid (imo obviously).
noobiar
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu..
Really like it..

Hanged ending, the story is not over yet.. :D
But aw, unfortunately there's no second season.. :?
Asephaya
Accel World?

:o
Raiken-
danmachi
totekingsg1

Otamegartist wrote:

danmachi
Although the story is quite underdeveloped, I have to agree with u. I saw last week the 1st 12 eps in one day and I enjoyed it A LOT. It reminds me of Sao, but i find the characters much funnier and cute. If it doesn´t get a 2nd season soon im gonna read the manga or sthing cause i'm rly enjoying it.
Green Platinum

totekingsg1 wrote:

Otamegartist wrote:

danmachi
Although the story is quite underdeveloped, I have to agree with u. I saw last week the 1st 12 eps in one day and I enjoyed it A LOT. It reminds me of Sao, but i find the characters much funnier and cute. If it doesn´t get a 2nd season soon im gonna read the manga or sthing cause i'm rly enjoying it.
I can only find myself enjoying it during the dungeon segments where to only problem is all the deus ex machina "I wish I had magic" then Bell gets magic, on the surface the series just suffers because it just becomes a harem series and being a fantasy videogame imitation series could never fix that flaw. The series also feels excessively video-gamey to the point where it hurts it slipping new mechanics constantly and awkwardly (I'd prefer an info-dump to this) however unlike a videogame operates without any kind of aim and the name suggests it would prefer keep it that way.

The most recent episode the fighting was definitely worse quality than the rest of the series.
totekingsg1

Green Platinum wrote:

I can only find myself enjoying it during the dungeon segments where to only problem is all the deus ex machina "I wish I had magic" then Bell gets magic, on the surface the series just suffers because it just becomes a harem series and being a fantasy videogame imitation series could never fix that flaw. The series also feels excessively video-gamey to the point where it hurts it slipping new mechanics constantly and awkwardly (I'd prefer an info-dump to this) however unlike a videogame operates without any kind of aim and the name suggests it would prefer keep it that way.

The most recent episode the fighting was definitely worse quality than the rest of the series.
As I said, what i find interesting about this anime is its characters and comedy style, they make the story so slice of life style that u completely forget about the main story (which, as I said, is really underdeveloped). I wouldn't recommend that anime as an adventure anime, but as a comedy/harem one.
-Iku-
Deadman Wonderland, No Game no Life and Lucky Star
HazeL
Shingeki no Kyojin
Apple-san
Steins;Gate!!!
Green Platinum

Apple-san wrote:

Steins;Gate!!!
Yep, keep adding sequels till the timeline is so fucked up and convoluted that we can no longer see the series with the same appeal. Do people really think keep going until you 'jump the shark' and ruin a great thing is a good approach to storytelling? I'm super cynical about the whole new steins;gate thing.
Shira
Akatsuki no Yona pls <3
Navizel

Apple-san wrote:

Steins;Gate!!!

It seems majority of the posters still confuse deserve with want.
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

Apple-san wrote:

Steins;Gate!!!

It seems majority of the posters still confuse deserve with want.
People also fail to see how things become invalidated with sequels.

I love how Steins;Gate is so self contained and I feel adding a new one will just do what the terminator reboots did for the terminator franchise.
Or the third Madoka film, some things don't need a massive expanded universe.
Ceph23
I'm still waiting for my second season of Sankarea, Hataraku Maou-sama and mondaiji tachi.
Why hasn't there been any news of these titles?
Green Platinum

Ceph23 wrote:

I'm still waiting for my second season of Sankarea, Hataraku Maou-sama and mondaiji tachi.
Why hasn't there been any news of these titles?
Maybe the people working on them aren't complete sellouts.
Suri
In my opinion i watched so many animes which left me unsatisfied because it had a bad or open ending or I just want to watch more, for example:

• -Btooom!
    -Ao Haru Ride
    -Sankarea
    -Guilty Crown (still hoping for some plot twist 2nd season in my dreams)
    -Sakurasou no pet kanojo
    -KYOUKAI NO KANATA (i hate it, that i watched the movie, it had a diffrent ending than the anime and I'm so confused ;-;
    -Kamisama Hajimemashita 3rd season, just because i like the anime
    -Gakuen Alice for sure!!
    -Brothers Conflict
Happily Noragami gets a 2nd season soon :)
Ender Lain
Gochiusa, Nichibros, Plastic Memories

Apple-san wrote:

Steins;Gate!!!
I agree with you.
Green Platinum

ztenz wrote:

Gochiusa, Nichibros, Plastic Memories

Apple-san wrote:

Steins;Gate!!!
I agree with you.
GochiUsa already has one announced.
Nichibros sure
Steins;Gate explained above

Tell me what plot Plastic Memories season 2 would have? how would it define itself differently from season 1?
Loony

Suri wrote:

(...)
-KYOUKAI NO KANATA (i hate it, that i watched the movie, it had a diffrent ending than the anime and I'm so confused ;-;
(...)
The same here. Generally it would be a lot better if producers were aiming in the new season, not in the next movie. I still hope they're gonna make a 2nd season.
So Kyoukai no Kanata here, of course. Miraikihto <3
Green Platinum
I'm so glad so many of my favourite animes have an important portion of the cast die.
The Gambler

Green Platinum wrote:

I'm so glad so many of my favourite animes have an important portion of the cast die.
Depends on how it's executed though. Too many a Newgrounds character die all too quickly with the story moving on...
Green Platinum

The Gambler wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Depends on how it's executed though. Too many a Newgrounds character die all too quickly with the story moving on...
I was more referring to the fact they cannot have forced second seasons; there are plenty of shows that just kill of cast members artificially for shock value, AgK for example.
Although having a predominantly dead cast didn't stop Madoka from having that third movie.
EneT
This thread should be changed from 'Animes that deserve a second season' into 'Animes that benefit from a second season'.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

This thread should be changed from 'Animes that deserve a second season' into 'Animes that benefit from a second season'.
That's too advanced for OC
The Gambler

EneT wrote:

Angel Beats.

That was literally a Key/Visual Arts VN that was beta-tested as an anime, with the game released during May 29th of this year.
totekingsg1

The Gambler wrote:

EneT wrote:

Angel Beats.

That was literally a Key/Visual Arts VN that was beta-tested as an anime, with the game released during May 29th of this year.
Angel beats had a proper ending imo. I agree it deserved more episodes, but a second season would't have much sense. The ending reminds me Elfen lied's one, open interpretation and feelings together, objective acomplished, no need for more.
Green Platinum
2010 anime beta test for 2015 VN? Sounds legit. I don't think beta test is accurate.

You could easily force a second season.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10067/Ange ... r_Epilogue
Just do this and make it longer + cover Otonashi becoming the/a programmer.
Seems more suitable for a movie though.
Zefo

[Superstar] wrote:

No Game No Life and The Devil is a Part-Timer. The dream.

Despite only 2nd seasons I would love a 5th Minami-ke ^^

Yeah both of them are so great, I do hope they get a second season too :3
show more