forum

Pierce The Veil - May These Noises Startle You In Your Sleep

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zare
Sorry for the delay, after a lot of asking around I got Shiro's confirmation that this is indeed rankable.
(and since the SB load is low as fk anyway, people probably wouldn't care too much)

However it was recommended to convert the images used from .png to .jpg to save some space. Do that real quick and then have your bubble.

There we go - Finally!
Hinsvar
(insert mod post here)

I'll take care of this soon.
Topic Starter
pishifat
soon™
Hinsvar

pishifat wrote:

soon™
You got me right there.

>Normal
  1. 00:17:343 (3,4,5,1) - The flow here is pretty weird due to the movement you need to hit these objects. Consider something like this (followed by this).
  2. 00:18:245 (4) - Consider adding a whistle to follow the string instrument.
  3. 00:36:706 (6) - Try moving the node on the tail to (300,380). This will change the position of the tail to the point where the cursor movement needed to hit this will be more natural (taking 00:35:783 (4,5) in account).
  4. 00:52:399 - I recommend you to use the default Soft finish here. A Drum finish doesn't really work out to emphasize the first cymbal in this second half... well, at least for me, admittedly. Still, try it first. (I believe that there are also a lot more cymbals that could be emphasized with a default Soft finish, but you decided to use hitsounds from the custom Drum samplesets to emphasize them instead. Consider utilizing more default Soft finishes.)
  5. 00:57:937 (5) - Remove the clap? I believe that the drum hitnormal should suffice to emphasize the drum instrument here.
  6. 00:55:153 (6,7,1) - There is quite a gap of spacing between (6,7) and (7,1) (by 0.08x DS). Try to make them consistent. It isn't really visible visually here I know, but...
  7. 01:13:860 - I don't think the whistle is necessary. The one on the white tick after this should be enough. Remove the one here? (Note that I do aware about the existence of this hitsound pattern in the harder diffs, but here, you only used this double whistle once, which becomes pretty jarring.)
  8. 01:18:224 (1) - I believe a Soft finish (the custom one) would fit better than a Normal one here.
  9. 01:19:398 - 01:21:698 - Consider using the Soft sampleset and don't use any hitsound here to follow the silence of the music. The vocal isn't a valid reason to use finishes, and the Normal sampleset's hitsounds just... don't work.
>Insane
  1. 00:50:552 (5,1) - Logically, to follow the gradual increase of the song's loudness, shouldn't the slower slider be the first, followed by the faster one?
  2. 01:49:156 (1,2,3,4) - Rotate these sliders by 10 degrees clockwise? I personally feel that it'll flow better like this. Try it first.
The hitsound suggestions in the Normal diff applies to the Hard and Insane diff.

Poke me once you're done.
Topic Starter
pishifat
re

Hinsvar wrote:

pishifat wrote:

soon™
You got me right there.

>Normal
  1. 00:17:343 (3,4,5,1) - The flow here is pretty weird due to the movement you need to hit these objects. Consider something like this (followed by this). yeah
  2. 00:18:245 (4) - Consider adding a whistle to follow the string instrument. if i were to add it here because of the guitar, i'd have to add it in a few other places and pattern screwed up not worth it
  3. 00:36:706 (6) - Try moving the node on the tail to (300,380). This will change the position of the tail to the point where the cursor movement needed to hit this will be more natural (taking 00:35:783 (4,5) in account). yeeeeeah
  4. 00:52:399 - I recommend you to use the default Soft finish here. A Drum finish doesn't really work out to emphasize the first cymbal in this second half... well, at least for me, admittedly. Still, try it first. (I believe that there are also a lot more cymbals that could be emphasized with a default Soft finish, but you decided to use hitsounds from the custom Drum samplesets to emphasize them instead. Consider utilizing more default Soft finishes.) put finishes in like 12 places
  5. 00:57:937 (5) - Remove the clap? I believe that the drum hitnormal should suffice to emphasize the drum instrument here. would be inconsistent with 00:54:245 (4) - so uh might be better not to
  6. 00:55:153 (6,7,1) - There is quite a gap of spacing between (6,7) and (7,1) (by 0.08x DS). Try to make them consistent. It isn't really visible visually here I know, but... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
  7. 01:13:860 - I don't think the whistle is necessary. The one on the white tick after this should be enough. Remove the one here? (Note that I do aware about the existence of this hitsound pattern in the harder diffs, but here, you only used this double whistle once, which becomes pretty jarring.) dddsads
  8. 01:18:224 (1) - I believe a Soft finish (the custom one) would fit better than a Normal one here. did somethign else
  9. 01:19:398 - 01:21:698 - Consider using the Soft sampleset and don't use any hitsound here to follow the silence of the music. The vocal isn't a valid reason to use finishes, and the Normal sampleset's hitsounds just... don't work. did this with the drum sampleset instead of soft. soft is... i dunno too soft lol
>Insane
  1. 00:50:552 (5,1) - Logically, to follow the gradual increase of the song's loudness, shouldn't the slower slider be the first, followed by the faster one? i know exactly what you mean, but it makes for a lot more emphasis to have 1 slower rather than faster since it's not the kind of thing you would be expecting
  2. 01:49:156 (1,2,3,4) - Rotate these sliders by 10 degrees clockwise? I personally feel that it'll flow better like this. Try it first. doesn't really work too well imo. 01:49:616 (3) - is already touching y=0, so the only way to rotate would be to have 01:49:156 (1) - directly to the left of the stream, which doesn't play all that well. having the stream switch direction with the slider on 1 makes more sense when playing
The hitsound suggestions in the Normal diff applies to the Hard and Insane diff. did stuff there too of course

Poke me once you're done. scumbag timezones. also should i be kudosuing you for this or what since p/3270362
Hinsvar

Ringating wrote:

I like the title of the song; it speaks to me on a personal level.
HabiHolic
Gratz~
Yauxo
pishi HYPE
Glückwunsch~
xxdeathx
gratz on your first ranked map!
Topic Starter
pishifat
you are all lovely people except Yauxo
Maruyu
HOLY SHIT BBY GZ <3
Mao
Gratz :3
hehe
grats, first ranked hehe
Zare
good for you!
YayaBunWa
God, this song... The first third is so easy and boring in comparison to the other two thirds that I can hardly be bothered repeating the song to try and best the fun bits. Is this some kind of design technique? 1/10 technique.
Zare

LuVo wrote:

God, this song... The first third is so easy and boring in comparison to the other two thirds that I can hardly be bothered repeating the song to try and best the fun bits. Is this some kind of design technique? 1/10 technique.
people refer to this as

music

O:

It may not be the best option for a rhythm game, I can agree with that, but it's not like anyone's forced to play this song, so lay off with your super funny remarks.
Nozhomi
Gratz pishifat o/
Topic Starter
pishifat

LuVo wrote:

dear luvo,

i regret everything i've done to hurt you. i'll send my deepest condolences to you and your loved ones as soon as possible.

sincerely,
lol
jyu
whoa when did this got ranked omg i love this congratz dude!! \o/
Ring Suzune
osu! needs more Ptv. Nice map pishifat :)