forum

suddenly cant stream (tap at the same speed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wildcookie
So a week ago i was able to consequently stream 180 bpm and this week i can barrely keep 160, i can do 180 but i freeze on some point during the stream and i cant press the keys at the same speed.. However,the weekend i played so much osu and all of a sudden, i couldn't stream this from monday, usually my pointing finger doesn't want to obey and begins tapping the air. I remember one analogic situation, a game that also required quite fast tapping, i played it for about 2-3years and the same exact thing happened, i took a huge break, 4months, and i still couldnt tap as well as i could. Has anyone experienced something like this or know what's wrong and how should i treat this? This really worries me :<
GoldenWolf
take a short break, don't push yourself too hard and eventually you'll get your speed back
taking a too long break won't help either
Topic Starter
wildcookie
a short break for how long? would a few days be enough?
GoldenWolf
a few days yeah
[ Stellar ]
Elevate your hand. Works for me.
Mystrian_old
What keyboard are you using mechanical or regular? Just a question that came to mind. Also do you rest your fingers on the keys or are the in the air?
RaneFire
May want to try adjust your hand position. Subtle changes in height can relieve tension. A little hard-cover note-book under my wrist helps me some times, but when my hand is given time to recover, I find it annoying and get rid of it. Different days, different feeling.

Also learn to play all streams better, not just the fastest ones. If you can't play fast streams on any given day, just work on your accuracy/consistency on the slower ones. If your speed was true (read: comfortable and confident), it should come back. You may find this happen a few times, and this won't be the last. Fingers just get strained and everyone is different.
Topic Starter
wildcookie

Mystrian wrote:

What keyboard are you using mechanical or regular? Just a question that came to mind. Also do you rest your fingers on the keys or are the in the air?
A regular I guess, Razer Arctosa, I rest my fingers on the keys and my forearm,wrist are rested