forum

Plateauing with a mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sora6x
I've been playing for about a year now, and started playing a lot more in the past months, currently I'm able to do most ar9 songs and i practice some 9.8 sometimes as well. Right now I'm using a mouse (naga hex) and mechanical keyboard (black widow 2014 stealth, razer orange keys) and I feel like I'm plateauing and really want to get past this. Any tips on getting past this without switching to a tablet?
DeletedUser_4041880
Repeat after me: Tablets can't make you insta pro
silmarilen

dkun wrote:

If you have any questions about how the game works, scores, play-styles (TABLETS/MICE/ETC), please post in Gameplay & Rankings.

Kindly use the forum for what it's used for. Create threads where they belong!
Topic Starter
sora6x

Frostei wrote:

Repeat after me: Tablets can't make you insta pro
I know, i said without a tablet. Im not looking for an easy fix or instant pro. im looking to improve with my mouse.
Mofu kun
Practice a very difficult song with mouse. Then when you pass, you have gained skill with reading.
Sethlied

silmarilen wrote:

dkun wrote:

If you have any questions about how the game works, scores, play-styles (TABLETS/MICE/ETC), please post in Gameplay & Rankings.

Kindly use the forum for what it's used for. Create threads where they belong!
please go away backseat mod
silmarilen
if you want me to put you back on my foe list you can also just ask, wont be a problem
MillhioreF
Let's not be butts here. Moved to the correct forum.
Coffee Hero
You're only "plateauing" because you just don't play enough. You can't expect to improve at a fast rate if you put in the same amount of work in a month as somebody does in a few days - weeks.
scottyyy
you haven't played the game enough
Bauxe

Hmm....

Ahh...

Yes...

I think I see the problem...

Rewben2
You play more
Vuelo Eluko
u cant do anything if u use a mouse people like rrtyui will always have higher scores

:roll:
GoldenWolf
You're not plateauing with a mouse

You're only not playing enough
AmaiHachimitsu
Why people assess their skill basing on fking approach rate. And then plateauing thingy. Are you stuck with AR 9.8? That's your problem?

I don't know if you really seeked help or just wanted to brag (playing 9.8 after 3k playcount might be seen as impressive).

You haven't specified the problem and you want our help.

Then don't get mad when I repeat: play more.
theLiminator
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/409747

This guy plays with the mouse, you have far to go still.
nooblet

sora6x wrote:

I've been playing for about a year now, and started playing a lot more in the past months
500~ pc per month isn't much. You've pretty much like, just started playing, since the first months have like <300pc (10 a day?)

sora6x wrote:

currently I'm able to do most ar9 songs and i practice some 9.8 sometimes as well.
Okay, even if I can't play AR10, I don't find it all that impressive. Because it's not. 10.3, little bit. 11, you're a god. But seriously, at your stage, just play the stuff you can. If you really wanna brag, go play something OD9 (or even better, 10), get something like 95%, and then say it.

sora6x wrote:

Right now I'm using a mouse (naga hex) and mechanical keyboard (black widow 2014 stealth, razer orange keys) and I feel like I'm plateauing and really want to get past this. Any tips on getting past this without switching to a tablet?
No. Because there are none. There is no limit to how good one can be with mouse. I mean, FD first place is a mouse user. Don't use your tools as an excuse, I use a freaking laptop keyboard and I'm still doing okay.

Just. Play the game. You won't get better by blaming your equipment, and probably won't change much even if you switch.
AmaiHachimitsu

theLiminator wrote:

I hope you know that the guy who is #1 on Freedom Dive is a mouser.

And some other players in top 30 are.
Rewben2

theLiminator wrote:

Silvia is hella oldschool. PeaChick, cptnXn and Gokuri are more current examples.