forum

Question about streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skvimpa
Ofc this is different from person to person, but i'd like to know how long it took for you to be able to make perfect streams (all 300's) in higher BPM (maybe between 180-200 or so bpm) in AR9 maps?

Probably hard to answer, but i'd like to know since it feels like I'm struggling with this and I've been playing for a year soon.
Coffee Hero
Still can't
B1rd
once I stream 5 notes at 180bpm and got all 300's
nooblet
I still can't even do that on 140 bpm streams

A year is nothing. Just play more stream maps, start slow, move up. Don't try to mash 180 'till you can actually stream lower bpm.
based god lil b
1 month
Soo bin
cant stream slow. cant stream fast. how to stream?

teach pls
Rewben2
Still can't regardless of bpm.
Blueprint
Are you asking can I allways do it? Nope
But more often than not I'm able to stream with all 300's If I read correctly, I'm pretty happy with it I'm more worried about missing than my accuracy

I can stream mytholgia and then when it spins out I get a bunch of 50's and then miss I can only stream tight streams not spaced 1's
silmarilen

Shirokami- wrote:

Still can't
RaneFire
Never.

Forget about those things, they are bad for your health.
jesse1412

Actuary wrote:

1 month
4 Seconds.
Akihiro
As a mania player, streams are trivial for me...
But I suck at everything else because i don't play standard a lot...

So yeah, pretty convinced playing 4K here or on Stepmania with good maps can help you with streams.
Yano
Still can't stream consistency
I over- or understream ^^
Anti Fun
How to stream on slower beatmaps? <180 bpm streams is way too hard for me, i usually press the keys too fast or too slow. I have mech keyboard with red switches.

I still can`t pass this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1606657
GoldenWolf

Mustang1x1 wrote:

How to stream on slower beatmaps? <180 bpm streams is way too hard for me, i usually press the keys too fast or too slow. I have mech keyboard with red switches.

I still can`t pass this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1606657
first you stop mashing
second you learn to control your fingers
Eren Yaeger
I can get all 300's on around 160-170~ but around the 180 range I start to get really sloppy as I only focus on aiming and jumps right now, no real point in getting better at streams.
Yakuyan
I can stream consistently with 300's at 170-180bpm and the weird thing is....it just came naturally :P

I remember the first day i could stream, the day before I couldn't do it for shit...

Here's a tip (big tip): Try to seriously hear the song. Many people say they do, but you have to hear HEAR....like being able to hear the vocals, drums, base, everything. Being able to do this, you will, in a bit of time, be able to be more accurate in streams. I also suggest trying to improve sightreading skills. And if you ever played an instrument or in a band, it might help predict beats and keep consistency.
Kinot
I play for 7 months and still can't do, maybe some training maps.