forum

[resolved] Horrible lag with Bancho and ppy all month.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
djjsixpack
Problem Details: For about a month now Bancho and ppy have loaded super slow for me and it seems no one else has the same issue. Forums take on average 10 seconds to load most of the time, and half the time the user avatars don't even load.

It affects in-game as well. Country and friend rankings haven't loaded in 3 days now (global rank seems to load fine though). Half of the replay datas are corrupt until I restart the game client. When I open F9 menu, half the time it doesn't load all the people or it does but doesn't show any of their details (http://puu.sh/8JEX5.jpg). It only displays RIP because he is on my friends list. Also, my scores take over a minute to submit to bancho (and 10%-15% of the time they don't submit at all). Whenever I spectate someone it gets stuck on buffering after 10 seconds and never fully loads.

My internet is fine, I haven't noticed any issues on other websites. Short of the LA server having a bad connection to ppy, I don't know what could be causing this. Any ideas?

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
KinkiN
try using proxy connection. did it access the forum faster?

because i believe my internet peak speed is lower than you (2 Mbps) but i can access osu! and forum quite fast
Topic Starter
djjsixpack

Yuzuru wrote:

try using proxy connection. did it access the forum faster?

because i believe my internet peak speed is lower than you (2 Mbps) but i can access osu! and forum quite fast
Peak speed is 35/35 Mbps.

The lag seems to have gone away for now, haven't had any major lag issues yet today. I can try a proxy connection if it comes back though.