forum

Mouse Grip

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Androssi
Well I've been playing for 5 months now, and this problem has become pretty prominent, when I get to a hard part in a song, my mouse grip goes insane and it hurts my hard. It's probably because I don't want to fail the part and gripping harder is the way that my brain reacts to it or something, but is there anything I can do to prevent myself from gripping so hard?
Vuelo Eluko
its nerves
it's not really something you can completely get rid of just by playing, i mean you could even feel the stress of rrtyui in the final moments of his recent freedom dive fc

it's one of those things you can only improve on... like 5k plays ago i was so bad with my nerves my mouse hand could be shaking to the point where it goes airborne.
i hear it helps to focus on the game and have a completely clear mind
Volcanism
If your mouse sensitivity is high, this might be the problem. This is because you have to make smaller movements which rely less on muscle memory and you might have to grip tighter to do so. This might not be the problem though.

As said in the post above, it is probably nerves, though I've never experienced it personally.
AmaiHachimitsu
If your hand gets painful because of the tension you probably play on high sensitivity, which exists for weaklings and plebeians.
Soarezi
450 6/11 1.0 masterrace
Vuelo Eluko

Soarezi wrote:

450 6/11 1.0 masterrace
and probably 800x600 too
so..

also, why the rucker userpage? am i missing a joke?
Blueprint
I sometimes get some tape and stick my hand to it
takaharrue

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

its nerves
it's not really something you can completely get rid of just by playing, i mean you could even feel the stress of rrtyui in the final moments of his recent freedom dive fc

it's one of those things you can only improve on... like 5k plays ago i was so bad with my nerves my mouse hand could be shaking to the point where it goes airborne.
i hear it helps to focus on the game and have a completely clear mind
Speaking of freedom dive FC's and mouse playing...

http://www.twitch.tv/cptn_xn/c/4234876
AegisFTW
Learn how to grip high DPI without hurting your hand or get off of it. I use high DPI and I'm not sure if I fucked up my hand or I just used it right somehow, use your pinky/ring finger to be able to control the mouse more. Take breaks, play casually, like the HP meter doesn't matter. Seeing your rank right now I'm kind of worried that you are able to hurt you're hand for songs that aren't even that fast compared to others.

Pretty much if you are using high DPI and you want to play it safe, lower DPI is the best option. If you're using low DPI though that's a whole another story...
Soarezi

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

450 6/11 1.0 masterrace
and probably 800x600 too
so..

also, why the rucker userpage? am i missing a joke?
1440x900, fullscreen even sexier
Kaitou Kid
MOUSE ACCELERATION IS THE PROBLEM TRUST ME
B1rd

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

If your hand gets painful because of the tension you probably play on high sensitivity, which exists for weaklings and plebeians.
low sensitivity is for skrubs who need massive movements to compensate for their lack of accuracy and coordination. dpi x2+pp= actual skill
-Aeryn-
As i got much faster and better at aim, i found 750dpi on 1080 height to make it easier to be snappy and have a higher range of motion than 500. I know a few people trying to play with 3000dpi though, and that's not really acceptable (will hurt/injure yourself)
Ethelon
High dpi isn't the problem unless you can't control it (shocking). If you're gripping the thing like King Kong you're doing it wrong.

Pretty much what other people have said, it's nerves. Same deal with holding a high combo and playing worse or being shaky.
AmaiHachimitsu

B1rd wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

low sensitivity is for skrubs who need massive movements to compensate for their lack of accuracy and coordination. dpi x2+pp= actual skill

Though it was a joke I can suppose you don't know the price low sens players pay to get the precise movements.
B1rd

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Though it was a joke I can suppose you don't know the price low sens players pay to get the precise movements.
Being uncomfortable?
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

preach it! i use 11400 dpi and i can move my mouse faster than airman!
Yakuyan
Its probably just nerves like what everybody else said. I think the best way to fix it is to breathe.....seriously it works. I had the same issue with insanes but I just breathe near the end and it calms me down a bit. Another tip but I don't suggest it unless the song difficulty is comfortable to you, is to not think. Literally. Don't think about what is going on in front of you and direct half of your attention to think of something else. I play like this often out of sheer coincidence where my mind just travels into another thought. Or you could just not think about your score, accuracy, and combo so it feels like a practice run. :D