forum

Some questions about osu code side! :)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eltech
Hiya everyone,
I'm now a confirmed osu player (playing since 2 years now even with a long year and half playing offline...) and an really loyal and fidele fan of osu!
Even if you'll see that I haven't support osu yet that's cause lack of funds to pay anything. --u

But stopping here the presentation, I'm here with some questions to you, osu staff and develloppers. :)

1. in which langage osu is coded?

2. is osu open to others persons offer of help?

3. you surely wonder why I have these questions....

here is the answers but those who aren't interressted that much in this topic can avoid it! ^^

SPOILER
So!
return presentation(myself); !
x) I'm actually a young man, 16 and nearly 17 years old, and I'm a coder too. I love osu and wonder if I can support osu with something more accessible for me than money, by working in code to help osu! staff. :)

I'm not a professionnal :roll: , I'm always in highschool and informatics aren't studied at all... :cry:
But I'm a passionnated and interressted coder :D . I code in many languages and working on something that can become concrete is really more much motivating than working on some stand-alone minecraft plugins... :| :
List of my current programming languages
- Python ( made some DDOS utils {for myself} 2 weeks after I discovered it... '-'u )
- Java (making some minecraft plugins currently)
- HTML5 + CSS3 (made my own websites but I'm nul at designing myself. x) )
- a bit of Javascript
- C (my first language... :) but not best! see upper!)
- a bit of C#
- Basic casio (useless.... xD)
- AHK (AutoHotKey, not well known)
- SCAR (see Scar divi)
and some others.

So I'm really interressted about osu and help it because osu is really a lot for me. really.. :oops:
shavit
1. C#
2. You need peppy to answer that, he receives help from Tom94 afaik.
TheVileOne
You can try to make some useful utility like others have done. I am well along in C# and have similar interests. I am working on a rather large project for osu! written in C#. I suggest trying to find a need and satisfy it.
- Marco -
If you need to know osu! API >>> https://github.com/peppy/osu-api/wiki
Topic Starter
Eltech
I see, thanks for the link marcostudios and for the quick answer every one! :) where can I find the lacks of osu? because I don't see any.... :S and TheVileOne, can you explain to me what you are going to make, I feel a bit (it means A LOOOOT *@*) curious now.. ^^'
KinkiN
peppy have a plan to make osu! open source

see his twitter for more details :D i believe he posted about this in 2-3 weeks ago
Topic Starter
Eltech
Seriously??? How amazing idea!! :DD althought there are some problems (plagiats, occidental and american plagiats, like League of leaagends made to Dota2 and a lot more....) who must be seriously minded before such decisions.... :/ Osu must still be the one who have the right of not being copyied and falsified... Don't want rich companies to buy and begin to destroy osu by exploiting it!
KinkiN
he stated that he didn't care about being plagiated, he said that what's matter is the community

well you can read it yourself
Topic Starter
Eltech
okay I'll read it now. :) thanks!
Chipmunk42

cristo122333 wrote:

(plagiats, like League of leaagends made to Dota2)
What do you mean by this?
TheVileOne

cristo122333 wrote:

I see, thanks for the link marcostudios and for the quick answer every one! :) where can I find the lacks of osu? because I don't see any.... :S and TheVileOne, can you explain to me what you are going to make, I feel a bit (it means A LOOOOT *@*) curious now.. ^^'

Right now I'm trying to recreate as much of the functionality given by the osu! editor into my own outside application. Most of it is going to be more experimental rather than useful, but I plan to include a lot of useful things as well.
GenoClysm

cristo122333 wrote:

american plagiats, like League of leaagends made to Dota2 and a lot more....
Just so you know, completley unrelated,

Forgetting Dota 1? Defense of the ancients was released in 2003, league of legends was released in 2009, and dota2 is a reboot by the developers of dota1.

Not plagarism, inspiration, and league was inspired by dota, it's the other way around

just sayin
Topic Starter
Eltech

TheVileOne wrote:

cristo122333 wrote:

Right now I'm trying to recreate as much of the functionality given by the osu! editor into my own outside application. Most of it is going to be more experimental rather than useful, but I plan to include a lot of useful things as well.
I see! :D classy idea! ^^
why not some FL learning helper.... '-' to help people to learn hard jumps quickly on every beatmaps, it would make the FL mod more used..
Topic Starter
Eltech

GenoClysm wrote:

cristo122333 wrote:

american plagiats, like League of leaagends made to Dota2 and a lot more....
Just so you know, completley unrelated,

Forgetting Dota 1? Defense of the ancients was released in 2003, league of legends was released in 2009, and dota2 is a reboot by the developers of dota1.

Not plagarism, inspiration, and league was inspired by dota, it's the other way around

just sayin
yep forgetting them, sorry for the bad exemple but you surely see what I means. the phenomen isn't only in the video games, one new thing is appreciated, two month later, there a a lot of the same thing but crappy-version who seems like the original and stain it!
GenoClysm

cristo122333 wrote:

yep forgetting them, sorry for the bad exemple but you surely see what I means. the phenomen isn't only in the video games, one new thing is appreciated, two month later, there a a lot of the same thing but crappy-version who seems like the original and stain it!
Yeah, but here at osu.ppy.sh we have 4.5 million users and a community that will play this version.
It's kind of like a mod, even if it's open source, we're here for the community and stuff.
Granger

cristo122333 wrote:

why not some FL learning helper.... '-' to help people to learn hard jumps quickly on every beatmaps, it would make the FL mod more used..
So do you have a idea how this would work? I mean, being good at FL is mainly memorizing the beatmap... there isnt much other than retrying the map oftenly (less often if you're talented at remembering stuff) and studying it...
TheVileOne