forum

Factors, in your opinion, that can make an anime go bad.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Piine
ALLL THIS IN THIS TOPIC

Navizel wrote:

Self-explanatory thread title.

For me, they are unnecessary lolis, plot armors, incest, and fanservice out of nowhere.

MetalGearSnake wrote:

The seven sins of anime.

1. Terrible story writing. Examples include fillers, rushed/horrible endings, and when an anime suddenly spends half of their episodes on that one side arc that is apparently "important" to the main story.

2. Uninteresting plot. These are things such as forced romance, an extremely predictable plot, and shows that take themselves too seriously.

3. Boring dialogues. Most commonly found in shows that like to infodump random crap or talk about some stupid morality issues.

4. Overused jokes. The old "tsundere beats up MC" or "MC accidentally does some perverted act". Even worse, it gets reused throughout the show which makes it painful to bear watching.

5. Cliched character designs. These are characters that have no detailed background information about themselves and can be described with just a word or two. This is so common it's not even funny. Luckily, it's not something that can detrimentally ruin the quality of an anime as many great anime have gotten away of this, but it's still a problem I see.

6. Annoying characters. When you got a character whose designs are not only stereotypical but irritating as well, that is a red sign that I should just stop watching. These include main characters who lack common sense, bipolar tsundere brats, and Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

7. Unnecessary sexual themes. Fanservice in perverted and ecchi anime are fine. The problem is when it starts being present spontaneously out of nowhere in anime that shouldn't have these to begin with.

Definitely it forced fan service and incest (you know what I mean....) I just want to rip my head off when I see this
Oinari-sama
  1. Fillers
  2. Fillers
  3. Fillers
JeremyTechnika
Too much fanservice
Zerostarry
Jerk MCs.

It really put me off of Yahari and Grisaia no Kajitsu (I know this isn't an anime...yet)
FlyingNeko
Bad director
Bad music
Bad animation
3D CG Overuse
Bad voice acting
Trying to be funny, failing
Uninteresting plot

Bad fanbase
kirueggy

FlyingNeko wrote:

Bad director
Bad music
Bad animation
3D CG Overuse
Bad voice acting
Trying to be funny, failing
Uninteresting plot

Bad fanbase
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windy_Tales
Nub1
That's not really bad for the 2004s anime..

and the art style are so unique, lol
Rio-
- Bad/Uninteresting Plot
- Over and Unnecessary Ecchi & fanservices
- Low Quality Animation (except for Kill la Kill & Gurren Lagann, They're Awesome)

for me
AutoMedic
1. Fillers
2. (Exaggerated) Fanservice
3. Low Character Development
4. Long plot progress
Apex_old
untitled
AmberLynx
Other people's opinions
B1rd

Navizel wrote:

Self-explanatory thread title.

For me, they are unnecessary lolis, plot armors, incest, and fanservice out of nowhere.
IMO, lack of incest (Oreimo)
Mogsy
A lot of factors can make an anime go bad, it's really down to execution a lot of the time.

My personal pet peeve seems to be a common trend in shitty LN adaptations lately, though, which is overusage of exposition to world-build instead of taking advantage of the fact that animation is a visual medium. Why tell the viewer about the exact circumstances of the world when you can showcase the complexity of the world through on-screen action? Usage of exposition also takes away a sense of there being anything at stake in the actions the characters make, which makes the show a lot less compelling to watch.

That and to just hear someone lecture you about a world created to justify an escapist power fantasy is extremely boring.

(also don't defend it as being "faithful to the source material"; when you're adapting something to a different medium, you need changes to be made to make it not be absolutely boring)
DeletedUser_3905941
Maybe it's only a problem with me, but I just get annoyed when a character is standing in front of another person and cannot thing what to say, so the character has a self conversation in his/her own mind for about 30 seconds and the other character is just ok with it.
silmarilen

Rumby wrote:

Heavy Tsundere

AmberLynx wrote:

Other people's opinions
kirueggy
^
and yet the title of this thread is "Factors, in YOUR OPINION, that can make an anime go bad"

then again if that's supposed to mean something else please punch me in the gut
Topic Starter
Navizel
That's actually valid because others' opinion made me drop Coppelion.
Mogsy
Listening to other peoples' reasoning for not liking something helps you understand different viewpoints and makes you a more critical viewer. It's healthy.
Ikikaera
Oversized breasts.
Horrible main character.
Childish 'design'
Boring plot
Yaoi, even when it's just for a few seconds in the whole Anime
Shitty ending. Not looking at you, Mahou Sensou (At least if it doesn't get a 2nd season.)
Sey
Animes that try too hard to be good are usually bad~
MrPop
An idiot and clumsy guy who have a harem :roll:
yurunneram
stupid ending where the SIDE CHARACTERS ARE LEFT UNCONCLUDED
kagaminelenz
Too predictable / straight-forward plot
Too many episodes (In my case, I dislike anime with more that 25 episodes), except it splitted to few part like monogatari series
A perfect and/or stupid MC, dense MC
Anime that have too light plot. I can say, children plot (exclude comedy and yuri of course :3)
Over popular anime (because so many fags that like that anime, and denied other anime)
Bad artwork
Lewder
filler
airhead girl character
bones
kyoto animation
trying to do what another anime has done but adding yuri to it (fuck off akuma no riddle)
yuri as the main plot device
late for school jam on toast run in first episode
tumblr
Fabi
The ending.
Generic plot.
Excesive use of generic jokes.
The ending.
Shurelia

Chris9427 wrote:

Oversized breasts.
Horrible main character.
Childish 'design'
Boring plot
Yaoi, even when it's just for a few seconds in the whole Anime
Shitty ending. Not looking at you, Mahou Sensou (At least if it doesn't get a 2nd season.)
^^^^^^^^
omg so agree with this

also:

- too many fan services and yes it's you! Seikoku no Dragonar
- too many lolis
- shitty harem story
Lewder
how did someone not drop mahou sensou after 3 episodes?
Kurogamii

Fabi wrote:

The ending.
Generic plot.
Excesive use of generic jokes.
The ending.
you sentenced "the ending" twice

also my opinion is:
boring first episode
too many fanservice
too many boobs (+oversized)
bad story
bad harem
shitty character (main and supporting)
yaoi (yuri not very bad tho')
reverse harem
shitty graphics
shitty animation
incest
doesn't make ppl curious about the next episode
shitty ending

Lewder wrote:

mahou sensou rating is very not stable every episode, sometimes become good, sometimes shitty as fuck
just sayin'
kirueggy

Lewder wrote:

once you start a shitty 12 episode anime you can never go back
Nub1

kirukashi wrote:

For the first time I do drop Kanojo ga flag wo oraretara
AutoMedic

kirukashi wrote:

Lewder wrote:

I dropped Durarara. The plot progression feels slow. I dropped it after I watched episode 3
FireFoxZX
-overstretching the plot
-ending too early
-bad graphics
-bad sound quality
-bad plot
-common cliche's (the bad ones not the good ones)
-crappy timing/release dates
Rio-

kirukashi wrote:

That's why I won't dropped every anime (including some shitty ones) if I already started to watch It
*always doing some reviews first before start watching a show
FireFoxZX

satriobp wrote:

kirukashi wrote:

That's why I won't dropped every anime (including some shitty ones) if I already started to watch It
*always doing some reviews first before start watching a show
if you watch every shitty anime tho then you know that all the other ones are less shitty thus increasing you appreciation of them
why does nobody understand this
lunarblue
some comedy anime like sh*t example noucume or kanojo flag..
_sparky_

Chris9427 wrote:

Oversized breasts.

FireFoxZX wrote:

-overstretching the plot
-ending too early
-bad graphics
-bad sound quality
-bad plot
-common cliche's (the bad ones not the good ones)
-crappy timing/release dates
also when a anime has a episode that includes a character does something really disturbing
BrokenArrow
Also fanservice.
Hulmy
Rape makes any anime go bad in a heartbeat.
_sparky_

Hulmy wrote:

Rape makes any anime go bad in a heartbeat.
yes
kirueggy
NTR

seriously that stupid genre shouldn't even exist

BrokenArrow wrote:

Also fanservice.
are you high right now m8
show more