forum

Passing with NF

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +41
Topic Starter
Bara-
This is an idea I have in mind for a long time
Whenever I play a hard map, i mostly use NF just to be sure, but then I never know if I actually pass the song
So why not, when using NF show if the player was in 'failed' status for a single time (0 HP)
Maybe make the thing under accuracy also show which part you failed, like red glow, so not a line, but the whole part will be red (Vertical red lines)
This is not only helpful for players, so they know where they messed up, but also for mappers/modders, so they can find harsh diffspikes
New screenshot
deadbeat
disagree with both points sorry
Topic Starter
Bara-
Well, I use Nf just to be sure to pass it, but I would like to know if i can pass it without.
However, I will probably not pass it normally since on insanea I get nervous when Im at the end w/o NF
Please, add this Peppy :D
Rio-

osu!wiki wrote:

However, if the player has not scored any points during the map, they will not pass even if No Fail is used.
It's the consequence of No-Fail mod, You won't fail a map but It wasn't counted as a passed song
Heibel
the solution is. Never play with NF
Stefan
Just improve in the way how we do currently.
winber1
Umm, I think he's asking if we can implement something that will tell him whether he failed or not when using no fail mod. He isn't asking whether you can remove nofail from the results if you pass the song, which is what it seems like you guys are arguing about.

This I have no no problem with. Personally, I don't think it's necessary nor would I need to use it (since its usually pretty obvious at least to me), but I can see its use for beginners.
Topic Starter
Bara-
winber1 is completely right, this is what I mean
gamecrashed_old
agree there's time when i dip in life when playing with NF but im not sure by the bar if i died or not.
Stefan

winber1 wrote:

Umm, I think he's asking if we can implement something that will tell him whether he failed or not when using no fail mod. He isn't asking whether you can remove nofail from the results if you pass the song, which is what it seems like you guys are arguing about.
Use Replay, check graphic after gameplay. still useless to me personally.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Play a 30+ minute marathon, since it is very long, the first time you will probably use NF because you don't know if you can oass it. Then this might come in handy
Stefan
If you can't pass it, then you are not ready. Not to sound rude but I haven't read any (real) advantage for that.
jesse1412

Stefan wrote:

If you can't pass it, then you are not ready. Not to sound rude but I haven't read any (real) advantage for that.
Possibly because you didn't quite read the thread.
deadbeat

jesus1412 wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Possibly because you didn't quite read the thread.
i've read it. understood straight away. still don't agree :<
tecu
I do agree with this suggestion.

I've always felt the graph isn't very informative. Let's be honest, what do people take a look at the graph for? Personally, the only use I find for it is following the straight line to see how long I managed to go 300s in a row, and even that isn't necessarily useful, just interesting. If there's a way to make it more informative by implementing OP's idea of including fail status on/off (assuming it doesn't mean countless hours of coding), why not? I bet there are many players who could actually do with this information.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Bump
I use NF now only for insane approved maps, wanting to see if I can pass them
But idk if I can actually pass them (Scarlet Rose, BigBlack etc.)
blahpy

baraatje123 wrote:

idk if I can actually pass them (Scarlet Rose, BigBlack etc.)
Turn NF off and then you'll know?
CXu
I don't even see what disadvantages there is to make the graph clearer for people who use NF. I mean, having it won't affect your life at all, while it might make some people's life easier. All he wants is some sort of indicator on the performance graph that a spike is actually HP to zero, and not just almost dying while still passing the section without actually "failing". It can be hard to see on the graph sometimes if it's actually fail or only near-fail, and just a simple, say colored dot at the point in time where the player has failed would make the graph clearer.

So yeah, I don't see why there are so many people just rejecting the idea, considering the feature would be unrelated to you if you don't need it anyway.
Silverboxer
I support this even though I never use No Fail. Any section where the hp bar is at 0 should be indicated with a slightly transparent rectangle over the line graph. Then it's clear exactly where you failed and how long it took to regain your hp bar. Wouldn't be super useful but I think this would be really simple to add to the results screen.
Bobbias
I use nofail a lot (I practice maps that I cannot pass very regularly) and I think this would be a nice feature. It's certainly a quality of life issue, but it'd also be quite easy to implement.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if your life dropped right down or if you managed to survive.

Personally, I play mania and use a skin with a vertical life bar (and always play with FL). Because of this, I literally cannot see my life after it drops past a certain point (this includes replays) meaning that I must rely on the life meter to check if I survived or not. Sometimes it's quite clear (dead for long enough to see a flat line) other times it can be quite difficult to determine whether or not the line hit bottom.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Bump
Time to bring this back up
It'd be even better if you can hover over a 'failed area' to see the exact times of it so you can practice it in the editor (will edit OP later with it)
Rilene
Supporting this, as a HT&NF mod player.

The reasons... Well... It is hard to know which section did I failed, and might be useful in some cases though.
CommAshen
I've often wanted this, gave you my +1.

I think a lot of the people shooting this down are just illiterates who think you're asking for the NF score mod to be removed if you pass a song with NF
yanQQ

baraatje123 wrote:

This is an idea I have in mind for a long time
Whenever I play a hard map, i mostly use NF just to be sure, but then I never know if I actually pass the song
So why not, when using NF show if the player was in 'failed' status for a single time (0 HP)
Maybe make the thing under accuracy also show which part you failed, like red glow, so not a line, but the whole part will be red (Vertical red lines)
I'm horrible with paint, but maybe make it like this?

Dude, BEST IDEA!
Topic Starter
Bara-
Bump
Updated OP with a better screenshot (with less thrash around it :P)
xxxd34thl0v3xxx
failsound.wav
Ted_the_red

xxxd34thl0v3xxx wrote:

failsound.wav
The problem with this is some skin's fail sounds are pretty long and would interfere with the song. I think adding something like the grey out in multi would be a better indicator in game without much impact of interference.
FoxCat
I don't really use NF but this can come handy tbh, sometimes I've got cases that I had a lot of misses but I didn't hit 0HP, and there have been cases that I play with NF but it was hard enough to say if I did or not hit 0HP.
Endie-
This would come in handy. Personally, I see no problems with this request.