forum

The walking game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Now, this is a game I used to play with myself to help me get exercise.

It's a walking game, where the more you walk, the better you do. It involves "leveling yourself up" through the steps you take. Each step you take, if you count it, adds to a personal experience, until you have enough to go to the next level.
You start out at level 1, and level 1 is very simple; it takes 10 steps to complete, and once you do ten steps you are level 2. On the next level, you need to take 20 steps. And on the third level, 30, and it keeps going up.
The only rule, is if you stop walking, you lose all the walking experience you earned to the next level. This means that eventually simply walking around the house won't level you up anymore, and you'll have to get up and maybe do chores, up to walking a little, to walking down the street, to taking nice trips to the store. You can though, jog in one spot to keep your walking combo, that is perfectly fine. The whole point is to keep active and walk as long as you can.

:)

I wonder who can get to some really high levels in this walking game.

I'm getting a start by walking up to the government center (half a km) :D

If you need help with keeping track of your levels so you don't forget your level from playing osu! you can post it here too. I might have a list in this post on who participates in this.

Participating players and their level:
Static Noise Bird - Level 90
Kitokofox - Level 88
Ilfri - Level 86
kirukashi - Level 73
Daniesl - Level 62
kynolenkun - Level 60 (You should try and keep track of it I hope)
ftFrosty - Level 59
SupaWolfTiga - Level 54
Chaotic Run - Level 50
osuAzpey - Level 45
B1rd - Level 14
Mofu kun
Christopher Walken plays this.

I'm sorry I had to
Valtteri
I'm down for this, count me in ^^

edit: 10.5.2014
started doing this, quick visit to electronics store gave me level 8 and evening walk gave me level 28 ^^
Dainesl
Welp this is gonna be very interesting, LET'S SEE HOW IT GOES (i'm in I guess lol)
Sylviath
Walk to school with this.
Count me in :3
Kouya-
This sounds like a pretty good idea to get some exercise in your life .

I like it :D

Oh yea, count me in I guess >.>
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
I got some exercise just now. It got me into completed to a whopping level 32 right before i sat in my chair with exactly one step to spare. It was a total of 5281 steps for the whole kilometre from to the place and back and i kept moving the entire time \o/ And man was I sweating after it. It was well worth it.
Levels 1-10 feel like cakewalk but it gets really extensive past level 25.
Chamelo
How about a non-stop 2 games of Pump it Up fiesta? (~10 songs in total.)
DeletedUser_4041880
I walk all the time in MMOs. Does that count?
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
It's moreso hmm, flipsiding the MMO part, turning your life into an MMO and your MMO into life. ;)

Chamelo_Th wrote:

How about a non-stop 2 games of Pump it Up fiesta? (~10 songs in total.)
As long as you keep moving, that's fair, for each step.
_sparky_
i barely go outside

i guess this will be great for me xD
Witch Mercy
I bike.
Biking > Walking ok
Kyonko Hizara
Rollerblading > biking > walking
ColdTooth
well i walked 9 miles in washington dc on my class trip

my legs felt broken
Sylviath
Reached level 23 :3

Protip : Stay aware of your surroundings. Nearly crashed into a tree for counting.
kirueggy
Some idiot in class today made the whole class run for half the period, ehh guess that gave me some energy in life so count me in this :P
Birdy
I don't get it, is this some kind of a race? Do I have to be "counted in"? Count me in, whatever, if that makes you happy. I'm going to experiment with this for my own pleasure mostly, though.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
B1rd
I will see how many levels I will gain from walking to school on Monday~
Kouya-
Well, yesterday I walked home from school, which I counted on my 3DS (lolz) that came to a total of 4789 steps, which means that I'm level . . .

28 ^~^

EDIT : Well, since I walked/ran around downtown in the morning, my 3DS counted 21,293 steps . . .which means . . .

that I'm now lvl 54 .
show more