forum

Question about ppv2 system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iceskulls
I feel really bad when I see someone who rank below me have better skill than me. Is the ppv2 really accurate? because If someone have better skill than I am they should have higher rank than me right?

I'm not native English speaker sorry if my English doesn't really good
Blueprint
You are probably better than this person at another skill, while I don't have aim anybody who has aim I think they are better than me understand?
scottyyy
Are you basing this off multiplayer? Because you really shouldn't do that. Multi isn't a good way to determine skill. For example, I only play multi when I'm kinda tired of trying to get scores and I want to just chill out and not try very hard.
GoldenWolf
Or because these players just don't get ranks on many maps, thus they don't get many pp and end up having a lower rank than yours
r u b y y
ppv2 calculates many aspects of a map (aim, speed, difficulty, mods, etc.), some players might have better scores than you on some maps but those maps might be aim maps rather than speed maps or something like that.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Or because these players just don't get ranks on many maps, thus they don't get many pp and end up having a lower rank than yours
you can't get pp if you don't play the maps.
GoldenWolf

4ever8bit wrote:

that's what I said?
r u b y y

GoldenWolf wrote:

4ever8bit wrote:

that's what I said?
I was reiterating
mcdoomfrag
Because of the way pp works, ranking highly depends on how hard you try get full combos and/or very high accuracy. Players may be more skilled in certain aspects, like speed, but have a worse ranking than you because they can't be bothered/lack the consistency to FC maps with a decent accuracy.
GoldenWolf

4ever8bit wrote:

I was reiterating
oh ok
nooblet
If you base this conclusion off multi, it's because multi is usually a competition of speed/combos. I play like shit compared to others my rank in multi because I play for accuracy and don't have any sort of speed.
Topic Starter
Iceskulls
Thank you everyone. I think my problem is related to jump skill because I suck so hard at jumping
Vuelo Eluko
with only 4k plays you havent had time to develop all your skills to what most people at around that rank