forum

fullscreen question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iderekmc
if circles are much bigger in fullscreen, why doesnt everyone play fullscreen?
also, isnt it easier to play fullscreen just because of the fact that circles are bigger?
if someone can explain to me as if i was 2 years old i would appreciate it ty
Vuelo Eluko
idk noobs or smthng cant handle the bigness slow eyes cant keep up idk
Topic Starter
iderekmc

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

idk noobs or smthng cant handle the bigness slow eyes cant keep up idk
but i dont play in fulscreen xD
Ayesha Altugle
It;s because even though the circles will become bigger, but because you will need more space to move your mouse, there is only minority of players who play fullscreen
Noobsicle
probably because they don't have large monitors or they lag when playing in higher resolution/fullscreen idk

to achieve being able to play full area on tablet despite having a small window? idk

don't think it matters, if they know they're playing good enough with their current setup, i don't see why they would bother spending more time trying to adjust to new settings

was there a time in osu! where 16:10/16:9 resolutions weren't available? that'll probably be one of the reasons why people stuck with windowed mode (like them og cs players with their 1280x960 and under)
Nathanael
I'm playing on full screen not because the circles are bigger but I want to have a smooth gameplay.
I play on Windows 7 and Aero (obviously) is causing lag. I don't want to change my theme for a reason so I play on that style.
If you're planning to change your playstyle, better look for where you're comfortable.

People who have HD monitors (e.g. 1920x1080) might be using windowed mode because its too big for them. Also vice versa (SD, fullscreen).
Karuta-_old_1
It depends on the setup of the computer, if you have a larger screen you may need more space between you and the computer

I usually use a laptop, so I never have problem switching to fullscreen because of my 1024x768 resolution (scaled to aspect ratio)
but whenever I switch my desktop monitor 100% fullscreen, my reaction becomes slower and the flow is not as natural and I cannot push back my monitor any further away

I swear it takes skills to be able to focus on a widescreen and be in control
RaneFire
It's just preference based on how far back your monitor is on your desk versus how big your monitor is.

There is a bit of leeway for preference of relative size though, a bit like how people argue about it being better to move your mouse with your arm or your wrist. Some people like to look at everything and give their eyes a full range of motion - which I prefer to do, even though my screen is flat and my focal length changes from the edge to the center as well as the viewing angle. Factors such as viewing angle, focal length and perceived refresh rate can be off-putting to some people and as such they prefer to use windowed.

But at the end of it all, it depends on how well you can focus on successive hit circles... so the relative difference between players will not be that huge as it is mostly a factor of your viewing distance from the screen and how big it is actually (1920x1080 could be anything from 21 to 27 inches, but mostly 24). A lot of people still have smaller monitors.
Blueprint
On my screen the quality looks terrible in full screen, also I like to sit close to my screen if I can help it
sesh
PlasticSmoothie
Aero causes cursor lag, which can be very distracting. It's probably not something you've noticed yet given that you play hards - it can get noticable and annoying when you play fast maps requiring fast cursor movement.
sesh
Vuelo Eluko
What is "Aero" and how to disable it?
Mathsma

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

What is "Aero" and how to disable it?
Aero is what makes the windows look transparent and coloured. It creates input lag on any windowed applications, so it is beneficial to disable it while playing osu!

Vuelo Eluko
oh i dont use that crap os :>
lucky for me
r u b y y
Everything remains proportional, so its not like the circles are easier to hit when you're in fullscreen. It's really just how each player prefers to play the game rather than how big or small the circles are.
B1rd
I just use full screen, 24" 1080p. I moved it as far back as I can and it still seems a bit too big, but I'd rather use my eyes a bit rather than playing windowed, which would just annoy me and not be as immersive.
Blueprint
In short term to what I said I'm short sighted
dung eater
I wish the videos were more smooth, they usually look pretty choppy fullscreen ;_;
winber1
use fulscren becom cokiezi
Coffee Hero
It doesnt matter what you play I could play 1440x900 with my monitor close to me and 1920x1080 with the monitor farther away and it would be literally the exact same thing.
nrl

tr1ppi wrote:

Yeah, disabling aero causes lag I see. Thanks for this info :D
I hope you mean the opposite of this.
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

oshet does that mean if I buy a 7" netbook and play osu! fullscreen on it I'll be able to invent photosynthesis?
Rewben2

nooblet wrote:

winber1 wrote:

oshet does that mean if I buy a 7" netbook and play osu! fullscreen on it I'll be able to invent photosynthesis?
idk why but i found this hilarious

Anyways, its not about the circles being bigger... You just see them as bigger, nothing else. It isn't increasing the hitbox or anything.