forum

Dependence between skin and reading skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Barciok
Actually I want to start a discussion.

I played a lot of time on one skin (this) and it was pretty fine. Lately I started having problems
with reading complicate jumps (4 or more in a row) or even aiming long, but not fast ones.

Funny thing is, that the situation improved a lot when I used another skin, which is full of weird hitbursts etc.

What do You think of it? Is it even possible, that brain needs something like distraction, to concentrate on circles?
DeletedUser_4041880
You can always change the stuff in a skin you don't like ._.
Topic Starter
Barciok
I didn't really mean to ask for help with skin (i love it). I just thought the situation is weird~
GoldenWolf
Most likely placebo?
[ Stellar ]

GoldenWolf wrote:

Most likely placebo?
yeah. My first skin was a K-on skin, which had a lot of pretty images. But after a few weeks, I switched to the Kamui skin, and my accuracy and aim went up.
But your case seems to be the opposite of mine; you concentrate better with distractions, and I, not so much.
Purple
Distractions can make the AR seem higher, so that might have something to do with it. I know I avoid using background dim on high BPM AR9 maps on purpose.
Karuta-_old_1
It happens to me too, that's why I keep a couple of skins and start switching when I get tired of one.
B1rd
meh I still use the default skin without BD. for me at least the skin dosn't really matter (except fo the Lucky Star skin, using that is harder than playing with hidden lol) but everyone is different I suppose.
iWhorse
if you switch skins you play better because you have to pay attention to accuracy etc

once you get used to it a while you can become lazy
Ichi
It's weird, in my case I can only play with the skin I'm used to, and it doesn't have to have any coloured circles, they distract me. If I were to use another skin I would have to adapt for like a week so that's why I don't switch around generally. Anyway, I don't really recommend using default skin since the numbers which come up by clicking the circles will actually block you from seeing how many notes, for example, a stream has.