forum

Losing ranking down, daily... ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Friigs
So yeah... After a while searching for possible reason i didn't find anything
(( might be because of my bad english though, so sorry if answer is already there but couldn't find it))

Straight to the point... I've noticed that i need to be playing daily in order to stay at the rank i am, and EVEN when i play daily... After playing one beatmap my rank goes down... (( well my positioning gets higher ex. First i am at 22600 when i stop playing for around 15-25 hours... and then when i come back i play one beatmap better with better accuracy score and combo, i get thrown to 22700 or 22800 for example))

Then when i keep playing beatmaps to the frustration with decent 96% / 97% accuracy and somewhat overal combos i usually get, my rank keeps going down and its a pain in the *** to get it back to 22600

Is this just how the current system works (( Or like i somewhere read that its supposed to be more casual friendly xD ? ))

Yet again i apologize my bad english and what not :?
xasuma
You are competing against others that also play and their pp scores increase every second. So your are and always will lose ranks if you stay idle in pp. People are passing you, that why it happens.

The lower rank you are, the faster you lose ranks also, since its easier for others to pass you.
Topic Starter
Friigs

xasuma wrote:

You are competing against others that also play and their pp scores increase every second. So your are and always will lose ranks if you stay idle in pp. People are passing you, that why it happens.

The lower rank you are, the faster you lose ranks also, since its easier for others to pass you.
But why does it take "50" beatmaps for me to stop going down the ranks ?... Is it just huge delay on the server to recognize my scores and calculate it ?... Don't really understand why i'm still going down while making good scores...

(( PS: 50 beatmaps i said was like... feels like i've to play forever to stop my rank getting lower all the time ))
xasuma
Maybe you are playing the same songs over again. If you do that and dont improve significantly on them, you wont really get much pp from them.
Or you are playing too easy of songs for you rank. (for example if i play hards with no mods, and i ss them all, i ll get very few pp if any,)

Try playing harder songs/different songs , and do well on them, and see what happens :)
Blueprint
Aim for some higher pp scores that weigh high in your top ranks, then you will jump ranks but of course if you stay idle enough people are always going to pass you.
As you get a higher rank people are fighting for there ranks ( active players)
Topic Starter
Friigs
Well i'm currently playing Insane/Lunatic etc etc whatever i just seem to be able to play... Though i'm not playing the same songs all over again ! But i think i've been playing insanes for a long time now and since mostly i get A - S scores on them, What should i try to play next ?... Big Black wolf ? (( Also how i'm supposed to start learning playing with mods since now days the glorious casual friendly ranking system considers all the scores ?... New account ? ))
xasuma
Play whatever you want. If you want pp play harder stuff. If you cant play harder stuff, you get better and then you play harder stuff. If you cant wait, keep playing things you are comfortable with until you have enough play count that you can play harder stuff. Making a new account won't solve anything.

Relax and just play the game. Not everyone can go up in ranks that easily. Maybe your skill level is at where u are at in rank, and thats why you are struggling to go up from there.

And stop whining about the rank system omg.
Topic Starter
Friigs

xasuma wrote:

Play whatever you want. If you want pp play harder stuff. If you cant play harder stuff, you get better and then you play harder stuff. If you cant wait, keep playing things you are comfortable with until you have enough play count that you can play harder stuff. Making a new account won't solve anything.

Relax and just play the game. Not everyone can go up in ranks that easily. Maybe your skill level is at where u are at in rank, and thats why you are struggling to go up from there.

And stop whining about the rank system omg.
wow... that "whining" part was unnecessary, (( no need to get mean here if one asks a question or two...)) anyways... starting to play harder maps from now on... or at least trying to.

PS Thank you both for the answers, cleared a bunch !
jesse1412
I decree no more replies necessary.

Here is the generic reply that should be copy pasted into every thread like this by decree of me, king of G&R:

When you play a map, your rank updates - as such when you play, you see the effects of other people improving while you were away/playing/sleeping. Since you last played, thousands of people have been making new scores and a number of them have gained enough ranks to surpass you! When you play a map your rank is updated and put back into the correct position, this takes a massive strain off of the osu! servers as they don't have to calculate everyone's rank constantly which by extent allows peppy to deliver his impressive service as you see it for free!

To add to that, it is also possible that while you believe your score was improved by using mods or attaining a higher score, your accuracy may have been far lower or you incurred penalties for having more misses. according to the ranking system, your new score is (according to the ranking system) "worse". Replacing an old score with a "worse" score will cause you to lose the difference in pp.

The final way you could lose ranks is that the ranking system is altered in an attempt to be more accurate. When this happens your rank isn't updated until you play like previously mentioned.

I hope this covers everything! If you need more help check out this thread t/181850

-King of G&R jesus1412
Topic Starter
Friigs
OMG yes !... there we go, i finally got the actual precise answer to my confused little head, I thank you a ton ! and will copy and paste if i happen to run across same kind of questions

Thank you Jesus1412
Vuelo Eluko
jesus best