forum

Owl City - Beautiful Times (feat. Lindsey Stirling)

posted
Total Posts
show more
HappyRocket88
The hype is real. \(o.o)/
VINXIS
HOS apply mods 4 me plz kthx
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
I think I can help the other mappers to fix stuffs

Flask wrote:

可以睡覺惹

[Fort's Insane]
  1. 00:16:990 (8,9) - Probably placed a jump here? The vocal here is kinda like which is on 00:15:666 (5) -, so if you placed the jump on there, you should do the same thing here. Instead of placing jump, I removed the jump as it is a little awkward
  2. 00:43:681 (4,5,6,7) - / 01:34:637 (4,5,6) - Tiny spacing thingy Fixed.
  3. 02:14:343 (2,1) - I feel like you could just remove the new combo from current (1) and add it on current (2) instead. Just to left 02:12:357 (1) - as an individual combo o3o Fixed.
  4. 02:45:887 (2) - You missed the finish here? Fixed.
  5. Add some default-whistles on the objects in the last part? Since they're so quiet, and they're so lonely that need some whistles to be with them. Fixed.
    Green line at 01:45:997 - and 01:56:475 - is added, green line at 01:45:887 - is removed
[VINXIS' Hard]
  1. This diff is more like an light insane diff though, or at least, a hard+. Not sure about how you think about this though, but this seems even harder than the current light insane (due to the higher spacing and some jumpy pattern) Don't think so lol sry
  2. 00:04:857 (4,5) - There's no need to change the spacing here, since you didn't even do that in the same part. idk I made it bad or not
    Some placements could be cleaner imo, but it's great enough. I like the flow there \o\ ya
[Veyron's Normal]
  1. 03:06:181 (4) - You could add a reverse here, it's acceptable Fixed.
[Easy]
  1. 最後那4個slider可以在他們的頭加上whistle (最後一個可加可不加) Fixed.
    Other parts changed includes 00:36:181 (3) - , 01:16:328 (2,3,1) - , 02:01:769 (3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - , 02:30:446 (4,5) -
    Might need to concern 02:17:652 (1) - and 03:03:534 (1) -
Call me back Alright
Cerulean Veyron
waow i was abut 2 check but you fixed t 4 me tytytytytty hos <3333 idk wat 2 repay u
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar

Gray Veyron wrote:

waow i was abut 2 check but you fixed t 4 me tytytytytty hos <3333 idk wat 2 repay u
tilde tilde
orza6006
Before ranking: On the SB, "Then the survivor" should be "Then to survivor"
Rirakusu

orza6006 wrote:

Before ranking: On the SB, "Then the survivor" should be "Then to survivor"
Time to summon Arcubin though. My image editing sucks and my image editor wasn't good enough plus what font was that?

Btw hypeeee
Arcubin
Fixing this now.

Azlyric was write as "the" back then.

(I also think it's pronounce is like to then the :3)

EDIT : done, just replace "8.png" to new "8.png" http://puu.sh/jkZfd.png http://puu.sh/jl1NJ.png (fixed word) http://puu.sh/jl1Uk.png (fixed size)

tl;dr i don't really remember the opacity for shadow and glow... it's might slightly different
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
Updated all, I think.
Flask
This qualify of my life is so hard
so hard
so hard

but im gonna survive

oh oh these are beautiful 7 days

UTC+8
23:19 too many qualified maps over the last 24 hours! (6 max)
00:52 too many qualified maps over the last 24 hours! (6 max)
08:53 too many qualified maps over the last 24 hours! (6 max)
12:03 too many qualified maps over the last 24 hours! (6 max)
14:00 too many qualified maps over the last 24 hours! (6 max)

08:54 YES
HappyRocket88
Be patient
Flask
I should double post for the icon so i did
ac8129464363
i luv u hos
VINXIS
o it hapend lolz
Rirakusu
awwwww hos love yaaaa hypeeee

kay so I may study now for exams
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
i luv u guys <3
Cerulean Veyron

HootOwlStar wrote:

i luv u guys <3
Ciyus Miapah
Congrats HOS! :D
orza6006
Congrats! Good to see this ranked after over a year :D
Zerss
Grats~! :)
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

General

Incorrect Metadata

• According to the official YouTube channel the following metadata is correct:
  1. Title: Beautiful Times ft. Lindsey Stirling
Incorrect Storyboarding settings

• All difficulties must have the Widescreen Support enabled in order to make both the video and stroyboard appear correctly in all kinds of displays.
Overall mapping quality

• Several overmapped patterns throughout the whole set lower quality of the set to a questionable level and cause unpleasant feeedback while playing.
  1. In Fort's Insane 00:06:732 (10) -00:52:835 (4) - 00:56:365 (12) - overmapping
  2. In VINXIS' Hard 00:47:541 (5) - overmapping

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###AM
sheela

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

General

Incorrect Metadata

• According to the official YouTube channel the following metadata is correct:
  1. Title: Beautiful Times ft. Lindsey Stirling
They are many possible metadatas including the current title in this beatmap, and one contains on the jacket of the single, so I think "feat." is right. See this post for other metadatas.
alacat
hello :3

"Owl City - Beautiful Times (feat. Lindsey Stirling)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNYKVbIqYqY

"Owl City - Beautiful Times ft. Lindsey Stirling"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfA-tPKPoNs

As you can see two videos in Youtube, Both titles are official. So you can use both in title. In my opinion, I agree with Gamu's checking. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4112470

Gamu wrote:

Official use the "feat." in jacket and video title (youtube) and itunes.

We can find some sources of "(feat. Lindsey Stirling)" version. So you don't have to change the title. But if you want to change the title to "Owl City - Beautiful Times ft. Lindsey Stirling", you can do it because it's official title. Good luck!
Cerulean Veyron

General

• All difficulties must have the Widescreen Support enabled in order to make both the video and stroyboard appear correctly in all kinds of displays.
Give. me. a. BREAK.

Enabling the Widescreen Support is not really necessary to make "all things visible", including the... 'stroyboard' you wrote there. Both video and storyboard itself appeared correctly on the display, even tho without the Widescreen Support enabled on the game play. Seriously, one of the qualified maps containing storyboards without widescreen support enabled, and walked on a straight line to the ranked listing. So why giving a not-so detailed objective reason here? It's like you're disqualifying this map with just one mod, which is "blanket pls". I think I'm being offensive, but I know this could be the truth.

In the other hand, very nice logic and reasoning over there.

owps /me runs
Arcubin

i already ask HOS about this, but he prefer 4:3. also 4:3 mean less-laggy (afaik)
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
I won't change the title as the metadata check by Gamu is already very sufficient as a great proof. For the storyboard settings, I think it will be not so difficult to fix the problems anyway. About those mapping quality things, I have sent PMs to the mappers already.

The mapset will be updated soon™ lol

Edit: Changed some words xD idek why am I writing this line
Ciyus Miapah

Overall mapping quality
[list]
Several overmapped patterns throughout the whole set lower quality of the set to a questionable level and cause unpleasant feeedback while playing.
[*]In Fort's Insane 00:06:732 (10) -00:52:835 (4) - 00:56:365 (12) - overmapping is this overmapping bother you at insane? this overmapping is okay especially on Insane diff with high AR
will take a look map later for deeper analyze :)
VINXIS
do we like contest the dq or wot cuz i ahvent chekd my shit yet but it looks like everything's rejected aside for my part xd
Arcubin

VINXIS wrote:

do we like contest the dq or wot cuz i ahvent chekd my shit yet but it looks like everything's rejected aside for my part xd
Honestly, it's not necessary to use widescreen. Cause afaik it's not affect the video so much (unless you want to watch video while playing)
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
Okay. Let's make the ranking process slow but smooth first.

May contest for a clear explanation using the "Contest a Disqualification" form for the quality part, not sure yet. Won't contest anymore. The mapset will be updated with the fixes of the issues stated in the disqualification notice.

May not update the mapset or won't update the mapset so soon, although my previous post states that it will be. Not sure yet. Will update as soon as the issues are discussed and fixed.

May edit this post if there are mistakes above, not sure yet too.
VINXIS
ok i think that was literally the only overmap for my diff and i changed it so lol

http://puu.sh/jwoNe/2f9c7b641b.osu
Flask
這...我沒辦法orz..
Virgo
Go to rank lol
riffy
Just stopping by to mention that the videos (while combined with SBs) are cut to 4:3 when the widescreen support thing is disabled.

sheela
So.

1. A tool detects that sb/thumbs.db is unused. I guess you should delete it.
  2. Gray Veyron changed his name to Cerulean Veyron, so just add the Cerulean part in the tags, and voilà.

Fix the points above and this map will advance! Call me!
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar

sheela901 wrote:

So.

1. A tool detects that sb/thumbs.db is unused. I guess you should delete it. I didn't find it in the song folder?
  2. Gray Veyron changed his name to Cerulean Veyron, so just add the Cerulean part in the tags, and voilà. Alright.

Fix the points above and this map will advance! Call me!
Updated.
HappyRocket88
go go go! \o.o
Rirakusu
@HootOwlStar

Thumbs.db is by right a hidden file, generated by Windows in every folder where thumbnails are used (no matter video picture PowerPoint pdf wth file that Windows can generate a thumbnail).

Keeping it won't hurt much I think, and osu! should ignore it during upload (plus no point of removing it as it will appear again lol).
sheela
Yep yep.
ReFaller
Go Hoot Go! I and my sister are waiting for rank this map!
Double kudosu shoot no jutsu!
show more