forum

Tribes 2 [Friday 9th - 7PM UTC]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mara

Remember the case called Tribes: Ascend? Back in closed beta, lots of people (also here in osu!) loved the game for being extremely fast and fun. It almost felt like you could leave every other game and just start playing T:A competitively. Sadly, during open beta and launch the game turned into a massive P2W fest and all hope was lost - a game that could have been easily a GOTY lost all its fanbase. Now the game itself is a ghost town and some people are still missing it. The question is however; why aren't we playing Tribes 2? It is Tribes: Ascend's predecessor from 2001 and what makes this game interesting is the fact that while Sierra killed the master server from this game, community went full berserk mode and patched the game themselves (also some workers from Sierra helped). The game might not be so active as other games out there, but hell - this community is tough.

Anyway, I'm suggesting that we should gather up one evening and play some damn Tribes. We will be playing in EU/US server (depending on situation) and we want as many people to gether in this event as possible. Reason simply being that this game just simply doesn't work 3on3 etc. Tribes has always been the best when there are lots of people playing it. Therefore I am suggesting this friday, 9th May - starting from 7PM UTC and we just keep playing from there. We have TeamSpeak and Mumble and we can use either of these for nice chatty time.

How to get the game, you ask? The game these days is free (and unlike T:A, is not P2W) and you can download it from http://www.tribesnext.com/. Yes, you can beat sandrakers. Yes, you can VGS. There are no disconades tho (I'm sorry, IppE).

Gameplay video;

kirueggy
This doesn't stop us from playing T:A though... :P
Topic Starter
Mara
But T:A sucks balls these days. I bet you played as a sandraker too.
IppE

Mara wrote:

There are no disconades tho (I'm sorry, IppE).
kirueggy

Mara wrote:

But T:A sucks balls these days. I bet you played as a sandraker too.
Well, who didn't?
Topic Starter
Mara

sandraker pls go
kirueggy
Wow the fact you have that really old gif + a tribes version is just wow.
Charles445

How fast is tribes 2 compared to ascend?
Topic Starter
Mara
I actually have like 200+ images of shazbot from CB time.

Anyway, back into T2.

Skiing requires a bit more practicing from the player. Once you can handle it you can go fast.
There are no classes, but 3 armor types and loadouts (which you can change anytime from the working station).
More vehicles (transport for example)
Command map which shows all troops and other units and if they are damaged or not (turrets/sensors etc)
And a lot of other shit

But other than that it's pretty much the same.
kirueggy

Charles445 wrote:

god what is wrong with this forum lmao
Kethsar

Charles445 wrote:

Oh, Shazbot!

I may or may not join in on this. Depends on where I am at noon on Friday, since that's when this is for me.
Topic Starter
Mara
It really also depends on if more people are going to join. As I said, we ain't gonna play if we are just getting 3on3 games. We need like at least 12 minimum. With lower people we could just play Quake or something.