forum

How to hold the pen like Cookiezi + (Tablet area)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alpha
Recently I have been studying cookiezi and his videos to see if there is a secret to his amazingness. Being the God that he is, he pretty much found the most optimal way to play the game.

Here is the video of me demonstrating his pen hold and style. Note that the hold can vary from person to person because of hand size and finger length. Experiment and find whats most comfortable. Cookiezis hands were on the small size. but his godly Osu skills make up for his small weiner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bertd05E1Q

Please feel free to post your opinions.

At first it was very difficult to get used to the pen hold but once to force yourself to use it. Everything becomes easier. Jumps are a breeze and it becomes easier to focus on rhythm and not worrying about missing circles.

For all the trolls on standby.

Just changing to this Pen Hold and tablet area will not magically turn you into Cookiezi. It will take time, persistence and dedication. Maybe even a 200,000 play count haha. But keep your goals high and maybe one day you can surpass the almighty master cookiezi.

Hope this helps you guys!! <3

-Alpha
DeletedUser_4041880
Don't forget this: t/197396?hilit=cookiezi+skin
xasuma
I don't think i can/want to re-learn how to hold my pen, i grab it the way ive grabbed it since i was 4 years old. So for me at least its a VERY old habit that is even more difficult than playing with my non domminant hand in a way.

I am sure it will be easier for many people though.

pd: the title sounds a bit excessive imo. lol
Purple

Alpha wrote:

For all the trolls on standby.
The only one trolling here is you
Nice try though you got me to cringe for about 20 seconds.
kouzuki_karen
grip harder
Vuelo Eluko
thx im already stream 320 bpm because of this
Topic Starter
Alpha
The only one trolling here is you
Nice try though you got me to cringe for about 20 seconds.[/quote]
'
Explain why trying to help the osu! community makes me a troll?
Hello Skitty
Dat 440 rpm spin
B1rd

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

piruchan
This thread will get some attention.
Karuta-_old_1
I thought this thread was stupid but it does make some sense
kirueggy
This is helpful.

If I had a tablet.
Pettanko

Alpha wrote:

Being the God that he is, he pretty much found the most optimal way to play the game.
I remember someone saying that Cookiezi used to play with aero enabled.
Rewben2

Pettanko wrote:

Alpha wrote:

Being the God that he is, he pretty much found the most optimal way to play the game.
I remember someone saying that Cookiezi used to play with aero enabled.
This is true. He also used a membrane keyboard for a while and then switched to a blue and only switched to red because he got given it as a present (I read this on lewa's ask.fm, I don't have source). He wasn't the smartest guy, he just played the damn game.
Shinjite

Rewben2 wrote:

This is true. He also used a membrane keyboard for a while and then switched to a blue and only switched to red because he got given it as a present (I read this on lewa's ask.fm, I don't have source). He wasn't the smartest guy, he just played the damn game.
Good point, exactly the problem here. People spend too much of their time finding the most "efficient" way of playing rather than... playing.
Karuta-_old_1

RedOsmium wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Good point, exactly the problem here. People spend too much of their time finding the most "efficient" way of playing rather than... playing.
That's what makes him #1, he didn't care about anything but clicking circles. I can no longer be that dedicated to osu! in my time now.
Fukita
Where's the tablet area?
ZenithPhantasm
Nice necro.
Mahogany

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Nice necro.
StephOsu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Nice necro.
post cow +1
Ninonuko

Karuta- wrote:

I can no longer be that dedicated to osu! in my time now.
Since this topic necro'd and I read this...
See Bikko and Meltina.
Vuelo Eluko

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i didnt even have a tablet when i posted this.
shortpotato
fyi necrogod the tab area is something like 10800x6750 (if fullscreen)
The Gambler
Is it really okay to microwave this?
Seriously go watch some livestreams first then experiment
Ando

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Nice necro.