forum

Ingame pp values

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +340
Topic Starter
Yarissa
I'd like for the pp value of a song to display ingame similar to the way we can view the bpm, ar, od, and cs. It'd be especially cool if the pp value of a song changed as you selected different mods.

I understand a new star system is being worked on and may be indicative of pp weighting but sometimes the pp you get from a song scales differently from the star difficulty of a song.

This would just be a time saving process for those of us who want to look for challenging maps to rank off of instead of having to look at people's profiles.

Farm pp 4 lyfe
wasonz
Farmer time ! :)
Mitaki
That would be really nice :)
Voyen
sounds like it destroys part of the "magic" in the ranking system. I like how it is at the moment and displaying the pp amount you would get for full comboing would lead to maps being ignored, because they don't have a high enough value and others being played constantly because of having a good value.
I don't even like that it's possible to look at others profiles to check high pp maps - everyone should just play whatever maps they feel like playing and not make osu! a stupid pp-farming game, more than it is already.
Lanturn

Voyen wrote:

sounds like it destroys part of the "magic" in the ranking system. I like how it is at the moment and displaying the pp amount you would get for full comboing would lead to maps being ignored, because they don't have a high enough value and others being played constantly because of having a good value.
I don't even like that it's possible to look at others profiles to check high pp maps - everyone should just play whatever maps they feel like playing and not make osu! a stupid pp-farming game, more than it is already.
Thank you

In the end though, I guess it'll be just those players missing all the good things in osu!
Taadashi
I support this, I think it would add to the competitiveness of the game.
Bites

Voyen wrote:

There are people in this game who find it fun to compete and to work for ranks. Why should everyone have to follow a narrow minded concept of what is 'fun' in your eyes?
Voyen

Bites wrote:

There are people in this game who find it fun to compete and to work for ranks. Why should everyone have to follow a narrow minded concept of what is 'fun' in your eyes?
I think you got me wrong. I'm not critizising the competitiveness of the game, i just don't like the aspect of the system telling you what you should play.
And i have no idea, why you are accusing me of having a narrow minded concept of 'fun'.
I said that you should play what you feel like - if u want to play hard maps to gain ranks, that's fine! But in my opinion, displaying the pp amount messes up players choices of maps. I don't want people to have the feeling they are missing out on opportunities to get better by not replaying a map with a high pp amount constantly - this can just be me...
I want my most played maps not to be those with high pp values but those i enjoy playing(yes those 2 can be the same at times).
Tekklorn
Well something similar to this was said to be getting implemented soon. The current in-game difficulty rating with the stars is out dated and isn't accurate so apparently that'll be getting an overhaul and we'll be getting star ratings that reflect how hard they are (and hence how much they're worth).
Dexus
I just hope the star rating shows the difference when mods are applied. Say like a 2.00 star maps becomes 2.8 or something due to certain mods being applied. Some maps can be moderately rated with star difficulty yet have high difficulty settings, mods like hr wont make much of a difference in them compared to other maps which could get a huge bonus with mods added to them.

I tried asking tom to show the differences in star rating but I think there was a misunderstanding when I asked.
peppy
We are actually working on a better system overall for mods, which will make things a lot better for everyone.
Eizan Arizawa

peppy wrote:

We are actually working on a better system overall for mods, which will make things a lot better for everyone.
i wonder what system you're working now lol.
Tekklorn

peppy wrote:

Now I'm interested :D
TheVileOne

Tekklorn wrote:

peppy wrote:

Now I'm interested :D
Performances will be saved on a per mod basis so that the highest amount of pp will be saved even if you replace it with a mod that is worth less pp.
Tekklorn
Ah that sounds amazing, hope it comes out soon
Kuki
Cool! Looking foward to it :3