forum

How long did it take you to go from normal-hard (very hard)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Ok I've been playing for 5 days now and I am constantly improving... but I find im beginning to S most normal songs and some harder ones.. But the difference between some hard songs compared to others is just ridiculous.. I struggle with larger maps and smaller beats. I tend to do well on faster hard maps with bigger beats so theres less to travel and less error.. Are there any songs you can recommend that would help me practise that 'larger map/smaller beats' I don't know whats the technical name is called. Am example of a fast hard map (for me) which I like would be ...

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/73185 This would be the type of map I find challenging but not really 'insanely hard' I have a B on it atm but with some repitition im sure I can get an A (at 92% accwith the B) but some other maps seem easier.. but I can't do them because I can't do the larger beat maps :L.. Is this 'my style of play' lol... xD
Mofu kun
For me, I didn't understand the idea of giving up on a map that was too hard for me, so about 5 days for normal to hard.
Rio-
I think It probably take 1 week for Me.. but when hard-insane, It takes about 2-3 weeks or even 1 month to get better
ivan
x
Naywils

tomom90 wrote:

Ok I've been playing for 5 days now and I am constantly improving... but I find im beginning to S most normal songs and some harder ones.. But the difference between some hard songs compared to others is just ridiculous.. I struggle with larger maps and smaller beats. I tend to do well on faster hard maps with bigger beats so theres less to travel and less error.. Are there any songs you can recommend that would help me practise that 'larger map/smaller beats' I don't know whats the technical name is called. Am example of a fast hard map (for me) which I like would be ...

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/73185 This would be the type of map I find challenging but not really 'insanely hard' I have a B on it atm but with some repitition im sure I can get an A (at 92% accwith the B) but some other maps seem easier.. but I can't do them because I can't do the larger beat maps :L.. Is this 'my style of play' lol... xD
I tend to not play the songs with the smallest beats, I find them really annoying
Sethlied
Regular osu mode = Never.
Catch the Beat = 7 days.
I play Insane songs on ctb now.
FlyingNeko
normal-hard: 0 days
I just started off with hard and that's that. I play insane songs now.
Try playing the easier hard songs. Then the harder hard songs. Eventually you'd be able to do insane. If you want you could already start doing insane. Usually, new players could follow AR9 but the problem is just their aim. So try playing a bunch of insanes just to see if you could follow the hit objects. Then improve on your aim.

Here, a beatmap
Hulmy
Took me a month or so. I still can't believe how long I stayed playing normal for. (fucking snail speed)

Trying to learn insane at the moment... this might take a while.
[ Stellar ]
I skipped easy and normal's and went straight to hard. It only took about 3-4 months until I could finally do insane's, and 5 months when I could do them consistently.
Greyusb
I played normals for about a month or so, and then I pressed on to hard by basically spamming each songs on hard difficulty... Usually takes me around 5 retries for each songs, more on harder songs I guess....

Doing the same for insane now but each song takes like 15 trys QQ
ceschierpadua
I was pure Mouse-only when I started Osu! I played like that for atleast 7 months, unfortunately thanks to that :V I've only somehow managed to FC hard rank maps. After playing mouse only for 7 months without any fruition, I decided to switch to mouse+keyboard. Changing to mouse+keyboard really improved my gameplay, I somehow managed to improve all of my horrible plays... currently I'm still having troubles
-Maru
It took me 4 months to go from Normal to Hard, and I'm still having issues with Hard songs.
(Mouse player ftw + Slow learner)
ColdTooth
It costed 400000 dollars to go from normal to hard

for 12 seconds

Nah jk, only took me a few weeks
Le-Toucan
Normal to Hard was the hardest for me so i see what your problem is.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/71711&m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/75825&m=0

Try these 2 maps. They helped me to make the step from normal to hard.
Witch Mercy
Happened over the course of 2-3 months.
It was so gradual that I didn't even really realize it lol
Kouya-
Well, I've only been playing for 4 months now, I started to just okay normals about 3 months ago and moved on to Hards about 2 months ago .

And now I play on Hards and barely play Insanes, just about a month ago .