forum

Raised heartbeat when in combo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinzee
So when I play a song which I find hard and reach towards the end of it, my heartbeat usually raises and that usually makes me miss very swiftly. Anyone else have/had this problem and how do I fix myself? :?
winber1
yes

you fix it by dealing with it.
Karuta-_old_1
Play more multiplayer and you will get calmer the next time you are about to FC
deletemyaccount
The only way to get used to not panicking while in combo is to be in combo.

Essentially, once you are able to achieve the combos more consistently, it will be normal and you wont panic.
NinjaNick
I find it better to just not care about how good you do. I play this game for fun, not to get angry at missing one note. If you do miss that note you can always try again.
eeezzzeee
Happens to me all the time, just cry about the miss for a minute and try again!
dung eater
Use sedatives and put tape on the part of screen that shows combo and score.
[Joker]
Dont think about combo, focus on hitting the next note only, which is how i got most of my fcs
Loves
I only get nervous and a fast heart rate if I'm about 500+ combos deep on a hard beatmap WITH a good accuracy (99+).
NazzzF

jaaakb wrote:

Use sedatives and put tape on the part of screen that shows combo and score.
or you can edit the skins;; replace the score-number with blank png pictures

i've done it, very effective :D
Full Tablet
I actually play better whenever I feel my heart rate increasing. If that doesn't happen it means I don't care enough about how well I play.
Pettanko
been having that problem for almost 2 years now, my heart beats so fast and my tablet hand gets stiff and wobbly
Piine
When I hit 1,000+ combo on CTB with Hidden....ugh.....and it when I miss combo, I wish that the world start to burn :(
deletemyaccount
t/186534/start=60

Somewhat related, its more of the idea of ruining a good run that ends up raising your heartbeat and causing sliderbreaks.
Coffee Hero

Full Tablet wrote:

I actually play better whenever I feel my heart rate increasing. If that doesn't happen it means I don't care enough about how well I play.
Yea the adrenaline rush when on an amazing score is what keeps me playing, Sometimes you just feel invincible and confident while other times you become anxious and prone to mistakes. Its a mystery to me
[ Stellar ]
I think the adrenaline that we get from playing osu is what makes this game fun.
Our body is just so addicted to the euphoria of hitting a high score.
vsprite

[ Stellar ] wrote:

I think the adrenaline that we get from playing osu is what makes this game fun.
Our body is just so addicted to the euphoria of hitting a high score.
i heard euphoria? :^)

But yeah, happens to me too. I get raised heartbeat as i get to 700+ combos, and my heart is always pounding after i've FCed a song.
yumether
e
AmaiHachimitsu
B1rd
After 2 hours of trying to FC a hard song, 'Warning' or something like that, when I was getting near the end my heart started beating really hard and fast, I could easily count my heartbeats. But I finished it ^^

But your problem is just due to nerves; developling a calm disposition is an aspect of mastery.
ceschierpadua
Everyone is the same, just try to deal with it by not caring
I managed to FC some with decent accuracy thanks to that
RedRain
BlackMidKnight
Increase of heartbeat is sometimes caused by holding your breath for a short time and exhaling slowly <--- I always experienced this playing OD6-AR8 beatmaps

Anyways, when I experiences a sudden increase of heartbeat, I always blow my thumb to calm myself (and it's somewhat effective). I always do that in breaks, pausing the play, retying or playing another beatmap
benjanyan
I've considered getting rid of the combo display before for the same reason. Get nervous and miss.

I found this approach keeps heart rates quite low. Although it increases dramatically right at the end.

Sayune
mhhh I got a really rare case on me... If I got to finish no39 - hatsune miku the first time, and other val0108 songs, my heartbeat rate went up like crazy and I almost pass out... like my hands, face and chest starts to tingle and I almost only see black... This is no joke... I had that 2 or 3 times already... I don't know why, but I think, Osu! is killing me slowly. :C
std

Sinzee wrote:

So when I play a song which I find hard and reach towards the end of it, my heartbeat usually raises and that usually makes me miss very swiftly. Anyone else have/had this problem and how do I fix myself? :?
im searching why my heart is racing fast and my right shoulder is getting weak when i fc a 7 star
karlabos
Get in combo more often to get used to it?

If you're used to it the heart rate won't increase. It's just like "oh, look I'm again at 1800"
-Chaeyoung
Do people not see the warning when replying to old posts wtf
Zelzatter Zero

-Chaeyoung wrote:

Do people not see the warning when replying to old posts wtf
they do be like "that sign won't stop me cuz I can't read!"

this is not a joke anymore at this point
JohnnyIsHere

Sinzee wrote:

i mean for me i don't feel my heartbeat at all when i play osu. its kinda scaring me a bit
WitherMite

JohnnyIsHere wrote:

Sinzee wrote:

i mean for me i don't feel my heartbeat at all when i play osu. its kinda scaring me a bit
this thread is 7 years old
JustABeginner

JohnnyIsHere wrote:

Sinzee wrote:

Dear JohnnyIsHere,

Imagine talking to someone who had already move on 7 years later and didn't come back, you just basically talk to a wall. I'm ok with your opinion but don't bump into old threads next time.

Also, this thread is bumped for 2 times.