forum

How do you increase your rank?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ImSoMexican
So I assumed that your In-game level was basically what decided your rank, but then I saw someone level 23 who was rank 70k. There was also a level 22, but he was rank 300k. I'm confused now.
Mofu kun
here we go...

Alright. Rank is determined by pp. Pp is points that you get when you get good scores. Level is just to let you know how much you have played. So it's pp. Not level that determines rank.
Topic Starter
ImSoMexican

MoF10 wrote:

here we go...

Alright. Rank is determined by pp. Pp is points that you get when you get good scores. Level is just to let you know how much you have played. So it's pp. Not level that determines rank.
Only when you get good scores?

Is PP limited to like Per song/ per difficulty? If i'm trying to rank up, what should I be doing?
Mofu kun
If you are trying to rank up, try getting high acc on some hard songs. If not, try some mod plays such as dt.

(And stop caring about rank so much osu is fun)
Topic Starter
ImSoMexican

MoF10 wrote:

If you are trying to rank up, try getting high acc on some hard songs. If not, try some mod plays such as dt.

(And stop caring about rank so much osu is fun)
But the guy who was rank 75k only plays easy songs, lol.
ivan
x
Mofu kun
He was doing what is called 'pp grinding'. Where he grinds easy songs for pp. With enough pp, anyone can rank up.

- [Ivan wrote:

Why is this so hard to read
deadbeat
piruchan
If you want a non technical answer, play more!
You'll get better eventually and your rank will automatically lifts itself.
Naywils
No 50s and as less 100s as you can ... helps if you add mods and get high ranks in songs :)
Topic Starter
ImSoMexican

Naywils wrote:

No 50s and as less 100s as you can ... helps if you add mods and get high ranks in songs :)
Would you say that adding more songs to my playlist would drastically increase rank? I only have like ~15 songs atm
Naywils

ImSoMexican wrote:

Naywils wrote:

Would you say that adding more songs to my playlist would drastically increase rank? I only have like ~15 songs atm
Yes because it adds more opportunity to get better scores :)
Janioszek
Why is it such a harsh question: simply play as good as you can, practise a lot and the rank will slowly become higher (lower? I never knew)
Ryukaii
Click more circles, den you will get to rank 1 in no time!