what if Happy End is not kill?
Fullerene- wrote:happy end of the graveyard
truly amazing writing.. wow.. you just made my day...
Many years ago, the world’s great masters of music contemplated how they could best represent their qualities and abilities. From near and far, east and west, from young and old, poor and rich, people gathered. They thus decided that despite the transcendence of music, they would quantize their understandings and knowledge to further develop their dreams and ambitions. Many years later, through the evolution of technology and human comprehension of the human sense of hearing, as well as the progression of sophistication and definition of music, the first electronic rhythm game was born. Over the next few years, humanity would see the birth of a pastime that goes beyond a mere game or musical enthusiasm. The vertical scrolling rhythm game craze began to take hold of individuals across borders, nationalities, and histories. Eventually the VSRGs came to form what we recognize today, with the fledgling osu!mania taking the role of a hub for people across the world to manifest their love of VSRGs. People had disputes, but always got along and were able to set aside their differences to play charts where every person was graded fairly based on their performance. The community was growing, the mapping techniques evolving, and the players improving.
And it seemed good.
But, an ancient evil was slashing and clawing it’s way back into the world, one strike after another. Across civilization and cultures, the fight against this enemy was brutal, and in many cases, fatal. Only one people were able to leave a warning behind for the hope of the future to grasp. These people are commonly referred to as ‘Mayans’. A commonly misplaced belief that has been skewed by thousands of years of contorting and bending of the truth is that Mayans foretold the supposed doomsday of humanity. The true meaning is this warning is that this age will the time in which this enemy re-manifests its soul in the human realm. The name of this enemy is chaos. Many believe an enemy is some overgrown monster that requires physical slaying, but the underlying truth of the world is that true opposition is in the mind, with chaos being one of the most prevalent of these oppositions to humanity. But when time is of the essence, further ponderings are meaningless. The chaos of divisive entropy has manifested itself in the VSRG continuum through separating the heart of VSRG amongst key-modes. One may claim inherent differences, or differing patterns, but the conjoined truth of these keymodes is that at the end of the universe, we will all have played the same game, whether it have four columns or seven lanes. The enemy of chaos has descended upon osu!mania, and there is only one way in which to defeat it.
In addition to their warning, the Mayan people were able to create a weapon capable of destroying even the greatest threats that chaos is capable of mustering. The Mayans always worshipped and glorified their deity, the sun. Their praising of the sun, however, is also a misguided notion that history has twisted over the ages. This worshipping of the sun was truly a worship of their leader, a man that led the people through the power of song and rhythm, referred to in the Mayan tongue as ‘xi’. In his seemingly infinite wisdom, the emperor xi had his people create temples to honor him across the earth. However, the true purpose of these temples were kept secret. To this day, only six temples remain, one within, one on each inhabited continent of the earth. Within each of these temples is a fraction of the genetic elements necessary to modify the chosen one.
Now it lies within the players of osu!mania to save the world and themselves from the inevitable destruction of chaos. The six temples across the world are only accessible through a degree of mastery of a mastery of the xi’s final, and ultimate musical work, Happy End of the World. This marathon map, in osu!mania, has manifested a connection to the power of these temples, so that one may activate a piece of the genetic code left by xi when they have displayed defeat of a keymode of osu!mania through S ranking each of the respective difficulties in that keymode. Activating the power of each genetic fragment across the world will awaken the mutation necessary to save life as we know it.
SIX KEYMODES. FIVE DIFFICULTIES PER KEYMODE. OBTAINING AN S RANK ON ALL OF THE DIFFICULTIES OF THE MARATHON WILL GRANT AN INDIVIDUAL THE GENETIC POWER TO MUTATE INTO A BEING TRANSCENDENT OF BEING HUMAN TO PROTECT THE HUMANITY HE LOVES SO DEARLY.
And when that person does obtain that power, showing the courage and wit to best the hellish depths of chaos and it’s power, humanity will find their savior. The battle will rage on, and both sides will grow weary, but both sides are determined and neither will give in. This battle will consume all people and all the universe, eventually resulting in total destruction and a reset of humanity, with a fresh chance to begin life again. And in that understanding, as we humans begin to tear in the final moments, we will truly experience a Happy End of the World.
The Catastrophic Lore and The Challenge was brought to you by Tristan97.
Updated (with minor tweaks). Thanks for checking the snaps!
ExUsagi wrote:sorry double post, too lazy to edit stuff before...
plus im really really sorry to blocko since i didn't managed to working on the 5K GD i have here, i didn't expect it turns out really great as you layer more percussion (previously i only thinking how to map the lead instrument only with lesser percussion & polyrhythm.. and i feels like its really different diff of mine xD)
and 2nd sorry... damn it i thought im going to find more stuff.. how do you even... damn it
i will take a long break after modding this, really long break from modding & BN stuff..
here's what i found
[FULLERENE'S 4K APOCALYPSE]
02:37:479 - this seems has different snapping than other diff oops fixed
... can't find anything else.. oh my...
http://puu.sh/l0Pd6.zip and my update, fixing small missing hitsound
That's a lot. Fixed everything else, though.
Starry- wrote:Here's a follow-up check on the snapping consistency of every single difficulty. This took way too long. blorp
- 01:00:706 (60706|7,60784|6,60863|5) - 8K Hard - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/4. (Should be 1/3.)
- 01:10:048 (70048|2) - 6K Insane - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/12. (Should be 1/16.)
- 01:10:048 (70048|6) - 9K Collab Insane - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/12. (Should be 1/16.) That's 9K Collab Hard, but fixed anyways.
- 02:37:479 (157479|2) - Fullerene's 4K Happy Apocalypse - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/1. (Should be 1/16.) Fixed through Usagi's check.
- 02:40:216 (160216|3,160238|6,160260|8,160260|0) - 9K Collab Insane - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly a 1/16th too far forward than it should be.
- 04:03:156 (243156|2) - 4K Normal - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/16. (Should be 1/12.)
- 04:13:241 - 4K Insane - not so much a snap issue, but compared to the rest of the difficulties it seems you have missed a note here.
- 04:59:426 - All "Normal" difficulties - the note here on the red tick doesn't really correspond to anything since the piano has ended and there's nothing but the 1/3 drum. Turned those guys into 1/3.
- 05:34:006 (334006|2) - 4K Insane - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/8. (Should be 1/16.)
- 05:34:006 (334006|4) - Fullerene's 6K Grand Finale - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/8. (Should be 1/16.)
- 05:40:942 (340942|4,340942|7) - Million's 8K Planetary Alignment - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/1. (Should be 1/16.)
- 05:54:319 (354319|5) - Million's 8K Normal - this difficulty has this placed incorrectly at 1/16. (Should be 1/8.)
Pretty much all I could find. All suggestions are respective to the consistency between the rest of the difficulties.