forum

Playing to much Osu leads to?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
ok I just started this game 4 days ago now. I sorta been playing 10 hours a day, I've noticed my right hand (mouse) throbs now (started 2 days ago) just generally, Like it has a heart beat you know?. That was ok. I could always get it warmed up to play Osu.... Could excess stress lead to anything? It throbs most of the day now.. whether I play or not. I noticed today that It just went numb after I stopped playing for a bit. I can't get it to 'warm up again' it just feels like theres a wieght inside stopping me moving my hand fast. This hasn't happened before either. (its still throbbing to) Anyone else had this problem?

I used to play on 3.6 sensitivity so I would really have to 'press' down on the mouse to control my movements, I have since moved down to 1.4 yesterday.
But ye does anyones hand hurt, am I pressing my mouse to hard?
Sapphiire_old_1
Playing to much leads to hand injuries, but you played this game for only 4 days you say seems kinda weird to me
Topic Starter
Sylveon
I'm not exagerating when I say 10 hours a day, proberly more... I just want to get that SS or FC lol... anyway I can check total time?
Mismagius
it leads to make gramatically incorrect thread titles
silmarilen

Blue Dragon wrote:

it leads to make gramatically incorrect thread titles
so does your face

because it's so beautiful i cant keep my mind clear
Topic Starter
Sylveon

SoG Tava wrote:

Playing to much leads to hand injuries, but you played this game for only 4 days you say seems kinda weird to me
oh well :L Its funny because I did A level English and got an A lol..
Janioszek
Playing too much osu! leads to this:
kouzuki_karen
play too much and you will never be able to keep your hands still again

also you will never cry again, either
_sparky_
playing too much osu causes you to see circles everywhere
hellcruser
( Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ) that's a syndrome where at the very end leads to paralysis of the hand .it results from the compression of the medial nerve between the carpal bones . but it's not really easy to happen you need to play really really much in a long frequency for several years ( 20 years or some ) , not sure if you'll play osu! for that long .. plus It usually occurs for office workers who use pens a lot .. Plus try to remind yourself about closing your eyes some people are really concentrated so that they forget to close their eyes .. not sure about what hits you if you don't but i'm sure it's really really bad .
Play healthy guys and feel free to ask me in messages about stuff like that .. I can help :)
Topic Starter
Sylveon

hellcruser wrote:

( Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ) that's a syndrome where at the very end leads to paralysis of the hand .it results from the compression of the medial nerve between the carpal bones . but it's not really easy to happen you need to play really really much in a long frequency for several years ( 20 years or some ) , not sure if you'll play osu! for that long .. plus It usually occurs for office workers who use pens a lot .. Plus try to remind yourself about closing your eyes some people are really concentrated so that they forget to close their eyes .. not sure about what hits you if you don't but i'm sure it's really really bad .
Play healthy guys and feel free to ask me in messages about stuff like that .. I can help :)

Hey thanks :D, I just finished my osu session now... and I tried to 'close my right hand into a grip position, I couldn't do it easily... everything seemed to be clicking and hurting knuckles and tendons ... enough osu for a while.... its hurting to type... also I get up and feel fk dizzy due to staring at circles all day lol..
Shohei Ohtani

hellcruser wrote:

( 20 years or some ) ,
what
ivan
x
Kurogamii
worst case of playing any games too much (included osu!) is death

srsly
AutoMedic
Playing it improves my overall accuracy and response time, but in an exchange to a painful fingers and back everytime i play
Kurogamii
well, about carpal tunnel, i think we have someone who experience it
summon Satriobp
piruchan
Playing too much osu! leads to hand and eye damage.

Try to take a break for several days.
Genjitsu
Well, playing osu! for too much will make your hands hurts and your eyesight worse

Addicted to osu! will make you lazier
Shohei Ohtani
if you're a certain someone, you can also lose an eye from playing osu ;w;
birra
(+) increase my own ears' sensitivity.
(+) increase my music knowledge.
(-) have my eyesight a bit worse.
(-) forget my own daily plans --eeesometimestho--.
Shohei Ohtani
reminder that consistent computer usage doesn't cause eye problems, but may intensify pre-existing conditions.
hellcruser

CDFA wrote:

hellcruser wrote:

( 20 years or some ) ,
what

i've never seen someone suffering from this syndrome except 40 year old office workers using pens constantly .. so i made an approximation :p
AmaiHachimitsu
But you know, office workers are barely moving when compared to osu! players + mouse is worse than pen in a sense that it speeds up the process of narrowing the tunnel.

You can get CTS as soon as after 1-2 years of tryharding osu! if your hand position/playstyle is unhealthy.

What's funny, I got CTS in my left (clicking) hand T.T
Critical Dude
I know someone else who plays this game and got CTS but he/she is getting surgery soon.

EDIT: Also there is a typo in this title (grammatical error: the first "to" should be "too")
hellcruser

Critical Dude wrote:

I know someone else who plays this game and got CTS but he/she is getting surgery soon.

EDIT: Also there is a typo in this title (grammatical error: the first "to" should be "too")
yeah it's an easy peasy surgery .. but still he will stop osu! for a while :P
[ Stellar ]
Good thing you turned your sensitivity down, because quick jerky movements can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) real fast.
Since your fairly new to osu, I know it can be fun and addicting. But I advise you to take long breaks (days worth), or else you're going to regret it.
From the beginning two months when I started, I had similar symptoms like yours; my hand was shaky and it was hard to move it around.
If you don't want CTS, then take those long breaks and stop playing as much (10 hours....)

Your health is what is most important to you, not a game.
yumether
e
Critical Dude

hellcruser wrote:

Critical Dude wrote:

yeah it's an easy peasy surgery .. but still he will stop osu! for a while :P
Welp, it's permanent for the person I'm talking about, can only play for an hour.
B1rd
It's pretty obvious that if you play 10 hours a day you're gonna get a sore hand... just pace yourself, if it hurts too much take a break and your body will repair itself. Though as for me, after months of playing I noticed my hand doesn't tend to get sore as it used to, I think it's just adapted like it should.

As for carpal tunnel, it's nothing you need to worry about really. If you do get it you can get surgery to fix it.
Kritzkingvoid
I'm gonna go blind soon and wear some glasses
benjanyan
-
AutoMedic

CDFA wrote:

if you're a certain someone, you can also lose an eye from playing osu ;w;

*cough* Cookiezi *cough*
Nub1
Playing too much osu could kill ur fingers
Senpoii
I remember when my hand hurt like crazy when I first started... It's cause you're not used to all the movement like this... Play a bit less and take more breaks, the pain will go away after a bit.
10 hours is fairly excessive, cut it down a bit.
Witch Mercy
Bwahaha I remember when I used to play non-stop lol
Now I play a few songs and I get bored because I keep fucking them up.
Um, you gotta take breaks in between those long hours and let your eyes and hands/arms rest.
DeletedUser_4041880
Too much Osu leads to seeing circles everywhere
Lewder
still waiting for the autism post
show more