forum

Got a tablet today, Any advice?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cillit Bang
Just got my http://www.cclonline.com/product/126215/CTH-301K/Graphics-Tablets/Wacom-Bamboo-USB-Pad-Silver/Black-with-Digital-Stylus/ACC0825/ graphics tablet, any advice such as what to not to / do
SPOILER
im not that bad of a mouse player
Vuelo Eluko
get ready to stream 600 bpm
GoldenWolf
I can't read your post, the color is too bright
PlasticSmoothie
Play.
jasian
Have fun! UGGUUUUUUU
Topic Starter
Cillit Bang
thanks for all the help, but im not cookiezi yet i just got the tablet like 4 hours ago :P
xasuma
go and use it instead of making threads like this. play with whatever area you are comfortable with also.
Breiz
play until you realise you've stopped being part of the mouse masterrace

actual advice can be found in the first word of the post
Akali

rad3on wrote:

thanks for all the help, but im not cookiezi
:(

was hoping all the time...
Loves
ALWAYS use a bigger area for your tablet. The bigger the better, many pro's using full tablet area. It gives more control and accuracy but requires a bit more effort.

Also, hover, never touch.
Vuelo Eluko

Loves wrote:

ALWAYS use a bigger area for your tablet. The bigger the better, many pro's using full tablet area. It gives more control and accuracy but requires a bit more effort.

sometimes you inadvertently touch, especially in the beginning of using one, dont worry about it. it's better to do that than hold it too high and lose tracking.
NinjaNick

Loves wrote:

That's only your opinion, I play with a relativity small area and find it much easier than a full area.
nooblet

Loves wrote:

This is horrible advice.

Use the area you're most comfortable with, whether it's big or small. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, just use whatever you're good with.

OT, just play around with it and you'll get used to it.

And learn to use the search function on forums.
magzh
the best advice is to start drawing. Really, that is the point of the graphics tablet. After that you will get used to the tablet and will be able to play with it.
JMC
stop playing, start drawing :D
ballplay
i believe cookiezi used full area
Topic Starter
Cillit Bang
Thanks all for the advice, after 5 hours in total i am enjoying my tablet, i prefer to hover sometimes when i drag i get too tense
nooblet

SloppySeal wrote:

Why does that even matter?

How long does it take for people to understand that getting the same hardware and settings as the top players won't make you good. Years of continuous playing is the only way.
My Angel Kaoura
yes
ballplay

nooblet wrote:

SloppySeal wrote:

Why does that even matter?

How long does it take for people to understand that getting the same hardware and settings as the top players won't make you good. Years of continuous playing is the only way.
because sarcasm
show more