forum

CtB gameplay "improvement" - risk=reward [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Boring_old
picking up fruits in Dash mode leads to slightly more points than without
peppy
I realise you're new, but realise that this would mean resetting the whole score charts for a start.
Topic Starter
Boring_old
yes, I know. for a little while I thought over whether or not it was even worth mentioning; I eventually decided that it was reasonable enough, for whatever reason (mostly because the suggestion didn't break the rules and I think it could be implemented well enough)

then again, maybe it could be changed to a mod that would force Dash at all times? or with that, would there still be reason to restart the boards?
awp
Adding a new mod won't affect old scores, so it's at least plausible in that aspect.
deadbeat

boring wrote:

picking up fruits in Dash mode leads to slightly more points than without
I really can't see this as a useful improvement sorry. Its seems kinda useless. How would your idea help anyway. Getting more ctb points doesn't seem to be that be of a deal...If u want more points, there's the mods there. Those mods make it more risky. OR, you could try playing harder diff.Or getting more maps
Topic Starter
Boring_old
I've seen some pretty useless mods around here, also Sudden Death doesn't really affect score at all so I suppose that's "pointless" too right?!

it is harder to catch fruits if you are Dashing, because it's harder to control yourself, thus if you were to get ever so slightly more points if you caught a fruit while Dashing it could work well enough; compare to getting more points by pressing both inner/outer buttons in taiko, Spinner Bonus in osu, etc (well, not exactly but CtB needs /something/)

now if it were a mod that forced Dashing at all times for a point increase, that would actually work even better because there is no gain for simply Dashing; you'd have to go the whole mile, which is harder and fits with the already established mod system
Nakata Yuji

boring wrote:

I've seen some pretty useless mods around here, also Sudden Death doesn't really affect score at all so I suppose that's "pointless" too right?!

it is harder to catch fruits if you are Dashing, because it's harder to control yourself, thus if you were to get ever so slightly more points if you caught a fruit while Dashing it could work well enough; compare to getting more points by pressing both inner/outer buttons in taiko, Spinner Bonus in osu, etc (well, not exactly but CtB needs /something/)

now if it were a mod that forced Dashing at all times for a point increase, that would actually work even better because there is no gain for simply Dashing; you'd have to go the whole mile, which is harder and fits with the already established mod system
I actually like this idea of forced dashing. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but it sounds very interesting.
deadbeat
The dash is only there to reach otherwise impossible jumps. That's all. If this is introduced, all the higher ranked players will abuse this and dash everywhere and get easy points
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this
Fallen-Creed
I agree with Deabeat. Plus Sudden Death is there for practice purposes, thus not making it pointless.
Gens

boring wrote:

also Sudden Death doesn't really affect score at all so I suppose that's "pointless" too right?!
Ask ShaggoN.

Topic: Sounds interesting, but there still are some things that need to be adressed (e.g. multiplier, abuse). Not really sure though, since I don't play CtB anyway. :)
Topic Starter
Boring_old
I don't think there is more "abuse" involved than any other mod available. it, like the other mods, should be designed to take away something you would normally have. here, the ability to be precise. try playing through a difficult song without letting go of the Dash button and you might see what I'm talking about.

@Gens: would 0.6% be fine enough?
Fallen-Creed
Try playing a easy song without being precise, you will see what we are talking about.
deadbeat

boring wrote:

I don't think there is more "abuse" involved than any other mod available. it, like the other mods, should be designed to take away something you would normally have. here, the ability to be precise. try playing through a difficult song without letting go of the Dash button and you might see what I'm talking about.
yea..we have...Fallen-Creed and I have been playing longer than you...but I still stand by my opinion at this is a waste of time...
Jarby
You can force dash by holding down shift, you know.
deadbeat
god i hope u didn't direct that question at me
Fallen-Creed
Ignore it, she obviously didn't read all the posts.
Fallen-Creed
I was just thinking, all a forced dashing mod would be just like a towened down version of double time. Double time removes that sence of accuracy and speeds up the Fruit.
Fuuko
Not really, Fallen-Creed.

In fact, it would improve your aim/precision, specially in harder diffs.

Also, forcing dash would mean you don't have to hold shift or the mouse button, which is very nice.

My point is : It would be a nice thing, but to avoid it being abused...we can make it like Sudden Death : Only for practicing issues.
deadbeat

FuukoLover wrote:

Not really, Fallen-Creed.
ummm...Fallen-creed is right

FuukoLover wrote:

how about playing maps that have small hit circles like http://osu.ppy.sh/s/302

FuukoLover wrote:

My point is : It would be a nice thing, but to avoid it being abused...we can make it like Sudden Death : Only for practicing issues.
yea....no
Fallen-Creed
Sure it would make you more precise, but then you could just play a harder map.

What is the point of practising something that you would have no imediate benefit from?

Please explain because you are so totally better than me (sarcasm).
Fallen-Creed
Love the No-reply.
Derekku
Some people don't check the forums every day. There's no need to keep double posting.
show more