amazing storyboard, great job!
Ciyus Miapah
:3
-Sh1n1-
wow, you deserve it *-*/ Gratz
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

Fort's Finale

Exaggerated jumps

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###M
Luel Roseline
What the...
Henri
Pls this mapset would be perfect if it was without Forts diff ;__;
YellowManul

huono_tuuri wrote:

without Forts diff ;__;
pls?
Starfy
Very nice
Let me summarize the issue mentioned on this disqualification
I can't play this map
because of the exaggerated jumps
Huh other players must not be able to play this map since the difficulty of this map is too high
In order to keep the justice and keep the peace of the mapping world, I decided to disqualify this map
YellowManul

StarForYou wrote:

I decided
lol, it's not decision of one person
Nezzar
I don't think the jumps are too unreadable or difficult, but meh.
Delk
seriously, how do they RE QUALIFY without even checking if the previous issues were fixed??? absolutely ridiculous.
DT-sama
The jumps are disproportionately hard compared to the rest of the map, overall Fort's diff is even easier than the other Extra diff, except for the jumps at the end.

I find the jumps fun to play, but the difference with the rest of the map is jarring. I'd rather make the rest of the map harder than remove them though.
Mazzerin
seriously? no notes about how the top diff is od8/ar9 and even the other extra is higher than that?
-Sh1n1-
Noooo D: Don't give up
small fish

Mazzerin wrote:

seriously? no notes about how the top diff is od8/ar9 and even the other extra is higher than that?
DQed based on subjective opinions about the jumps in the map while completely ignoring objective things like OD.
Topic Starter
moph
sigh
Ciyus Miapah
idk why i say this

but dear QAT please dont play this map if you cant deal with that sliders
i put AR9 for that to make that slider pattern clearly visible and you still didnt understand
maybe this will be my finale because im sure this QAT skill is lower than #10000 rank

some QAT say this Pattern is okay because it can be emphasize song, but why you still thing this one is unrankable?

look at other harder maps, there way more harder than this but why it can be permanently ranked?

so, im gonna keep this one
bye.

Sincerely,

Fort.

@moph if you disagree with my argument just delete my diff
Yuii-
Don't delete Fort's diff.
Contest the DQ.

The patterns play perfectly fine and the AR helps a lot, providing a good playability as well as some sweet jumps throughout some sections.
The final is perfectly fine, the last Kiai is supposed to be harder and, somehow, more "exaggerated", after all is when the music gets into its "peak" so it has to be mapped like that.

Now, this is NOT how you disqualify a map. The examples stated as "unreadable" are pretty much "standard" for any Extra difficulty and expected for any player capable of passing this.
These kind of things should not be seen only for the Editor's point of view, also they should be played. When I first modded this map, those jumps looked completely fine to me, and even after taking to the first DQ, I didn't find anything either. In the Editor they might look quite hard and also unreasonable, but when you play them, they FEEL natural, and that's what matters.
Refusing to new things is what this community needs to get rid of. The map is super good and no thing should be changed. If you still think they are "exaggerated", then you can think about it. But I'm pretty sure you are not even able to understand why the mapper is emphasising those 1/4 that much.

In your first post you said that 00:51:549 (6,7) - was "unreadable", which was the pattern with the less spacing and the only one who was NOT overlapped, so there was no time for a mistake.
00:36:391 (6,7,8) - This pattern plays perfectly fine, even better than the one explained above. The guitar slides (that's how the technique is called, I played the guitar for 5 years) in a strong way, so it's a clearly audible and distinguishable sound that must be highlighted with something similar to what Fort mapped.
00:56:601 (7,8) - And this is almost the same as the first point I explained, but it just has some more spacing. Additionally, both jumps have an explanation at the very end, they are emphasising the vocals. They may be confused with the highest "peak" from this part but they are worth separating.
00:49:023 (5,6) - And he actually fixed this one, though I told him to move it to the RIGHT, and not to the LEFT as he did.

Anyway, the mapper had replied to the disqualification when this happened as you can see over here.
As I've already said, this is an inappropriate way of DQ'ing a map. If the mapper explained why he didn't change those things you just CAN'T come over here and say: "The issues listed in the previous disqualification post have not been addressed properly. Everything is mandatory to be fixed.".

Everything is mandatory to be fixed. You just can't be serious. I've seen multiple DQ's being partially ignored and nothing happened.

If anyone explains why there was no change and you happen to disqualify it again, just explain yourself better, tell the mapper what's the MAIN reason why you are saying those things and propose a better solution... or even better! Why don't you tell him/her/it how YOU WOULD map it?

This is my opinion.
Seriously... contest it.

###WALLY
Henri

Mazzerin wrote:

Yea its funny how QAT whines about the smallest "readability issues" on diffs where its justified to use a more interesting pattern, forcing the diff to be remapped to the point that its ridicly simple and boring. But still ive never seen a higher diff being dq:d because of unfitting approach rate.. ;_;
Cherry Blossom

huono_tuuri wrote:

But still ive never seen a higher diff being dq:d because of unfitting approach rate.. ;_;
Because there is too much different viewpoints about approach rate, some people don't really care about it, and other people need the highest possible AR to "enjoy" the map better. There is no debate concerning AR, people could use whatever they want (but they still have to be reasonable, for example, they don't use AR10 for a 4.2 stars map or use AR 8.5 on a 240BPM and 6 stars map etc.) Everything depends on the map itself.

Concerning OD and HP, it's something else, more complicated.
Henri

Cherry Blossom wrote:

huono_tuuri wrote:

But still ive never seen a higher diff being dq:d because of unfitting approach rate.. ;_;
Because there is too much different viewpoints about approach rate, some people don't really care about it, and other people need the highest possible AR to "enjoy" the map better. There is no debate concerning AR, people could use whatever they want (but they still have to be reasonable, for example, they don't use AR10 for a 4.2 stars map or use AR 8.5 on a 240BPM and 6 stars map etc.) Everything depends on the map itself.

Concerning OD and HP, it's something else, more complicated.
Free AR would solve 99% of these problems ;_;
Cherry Blossom
AR doesn't change the spacing between objects.
Mercurial
Fucking kek, seriously?
Ciyus Miapah
this qat DQ just a joke, he cant even read my reply
iMega
Mapping life is sad.
Arphimigon
Solution 1: Nerf the end jumps like hell
Solution 2: Buff the rest of the map hardcore

PS: I passed the map when it was qualified and the jumps really didnt feel like they should be soooooo much higher than the rest of the map... like really not thattttt much more. So ye just make it more consistent pls.

Also slider was awesome
Neliel
All I read is only Q_Q about a map which is totally playable and readable. Imo it doesnt need a change, because its fine.
Mercurial

Arphimigon wrote:

So you're pretty much saying that Fort has to remake all his diff?

Da hell, dude...

iMega wrote:

Mapping life is sad.
Yeah, pretty much this.
melloe
Maybe instead of having such an abrupt leap in difficulty, you could make it so that the jumps slowly increase in distance as the song goes on, so you have a beatmap of gradually increasing difficulty. That way the end jumps won't be so distinct from the rest of the map
Myxo
There is a difference between playing a 1/4-jump after a slider and a regular 1/2-jump (atleast so for most players). The 1/4-slider forces the player to stay longer at its position, which means the jump to the following note needs to be done faster. Therefore, the stress on the following note the jump creates is much higher than for a regular 1/2-jump.

1. 00:26:286 (5,6) - (6) is not a particularly strong beat, so the huge 1/4-jump is exaggerated here. You could argue it is done because a new vocal phrase starts on (6), but that argument is weak as most of the other similar 1/4-jumps don't fit this logic.
  2. 00:29:128 (1,2) - Here for example it is done just within a vocal phrase, there seems to be no reason to emphasize (2) that much.
  3. 00:49:023 (5,6) - This is the most extreme example. There is a huge 1/4-jump, putting a lot of emphasis on (6), while 00:49:338 (1) - which is arguably the strongest beat here just has a stack (the lowest spacing possible) leading into it.
Please note that the issues mentioned above are - again - just examples, it happens more often in the intro of this map.

1. 00:34:180 (1,2) - This is much better to play and fits the music much better, as the 1/4-spacing is lower than the surrounding 1/2-spacings. It doesn't put more emphasis on (2) than on the following circles.
If you have any questions regarding this disqualification, feel free to ask me. You still have the option to contest it. Good luck!
Yuii-
Desperate, those timestamps aren't even the same as the ones mentioned on the DQ post. Does this mean it was going to be DQ'd again?
Don't get me wrong, please.
Arphimigon

Mercurial wrote:

Arphimigon wrote:

So you're pretty much saying that Fort has to remake all his diff?
Da hell, dude....
Basically, that would be the sucky solution to make this diff much safer to pass on.
It was much easier second run through KNOWING there were gonna be massive jumps, then it wasnt a surprise at all.
Idk.
Myxo

Yuii- wrote:

Desperate, those timestamps aren't even the same as the ones mentioned on the DQ post. Does this mean it was going to be DQ'd again?
As stated in every disqualification post, we are just providing examples. The intro has lots of very similar 1/4-jumps after kicksliders, of course the disqualification applies to all of them.

We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below.
xxdeathx
Regarding the AR9 on highest diff, ever since you can use decimal AR, I have a very low opinion of harder maps that still use AR9.0 when the jumps and other patterns become too hard to read at that AR. Higher AR fits much better and I can't imagine any way a 6.2 star map can properly justify AR9.
Mercurial
I like how many of the QATs who for sure agreed to disqualify this can't even play AR9.

Certain maps just aren't meant for everyone but rather for the very experienced and skilled players (_index and rrtyui are the ones that come to my mind right now), but meh, let's just keep it unranked for the sake of it being just way to hard...
whymeman
I know a lot of people here are seriously pissed having to deal with the constant events of maps being subjectively DQed and destroying their hard earned scores, or, to see someone’s work being “attacked” by things that appear to be trivial. Its been exhausting for me to watch as well, but please don't turn this into another war zone and slow down for a second. It might not be as bad like it seems to be, but dropping another rage nuke might complicate things for the mapper, QATs, and worse if peppy has to step in here again.
Ciyus Miapah

Desperate-kun wrote:

There is a difference between playing a 1/4-jump after a slider and a regular 1/2-jump (atleast so for most players). The 1/4-slider forces the player to stay longer at its position, which means the jump to the following note needs to be done faster. Therefore, the stress on the following note the jump creates is much higher than for a regular 1/2-jump.

1. 00:26:286 (5,6) - (6) is not a particularly strong beat, so the huge 1/4-jump is exaggerated here. You could argue it is done because a new vocal phrase starts on (6), but that argument is weak as most of the other similar 1/4-jumps don't fit this logic. sao you didnt hear synth sound there, it absolutely Strong beat and it really hear loudly, and you say this one is not a strong beat? yes im talking about 00:26:286 (5) - because this one have much thing than 00:26:444 (6) - . and im put 00:26:444 (6,1) - to prevent misses on this part, or for make the note didnt too hard, so it's okay with this jump
  2. 00:29:128 (1,2) - Here for example it is done just within a vocal phrase, there seems to be no reason to emphasize (2) that much.
  3. 00:49:023 (5,6) - This is the most extreme example. There is a huge 1/4-jump, putting a lot of emphasis on (6), while 00:49:338 (1) - which is arguably the strongest beat here just has a stack (the lowest spacing possible) leading into it. kay fixed moved 00:49:338 (1) - to x216y348
Please note that the issues mentioned above are - again - just examples, it happens more often in the intro of this map.

1. 00:34:180 (1,2) - This is much better to play and fits the music much better, as the 1/4-spacing is lower than the surrounding 1/2-spacings. It doesn't put more emphasis on (2) than on the following circles.
If you have any questions regarding this disqualification, feel free to ask me. You still have the option to contest it. Good luck!

Desperate-kun wrote:

Yuii- wrote:

As stated in every disqualification post, we are just providing examples. The intro has lots of very similar 1/4-jumps after kicksliders, of course the disqualification applies to all of them.

We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below.
so you want kill my mapping spirit huh? you want to make me doing remap?. oh no thanks, im quit here. kill me if you want, but i hope you didnt hurt moph feeling, just that 1/4 slider is just simple thing you cant do but it can be a big mistakes because you just cant play it or something. yeah i know you didnt like this map, and i dont care you doing this thing.

Good bye moph, i think im gonna leave this mapset only to you, just leave Starfort's Hyper, and delete Fort's Finale diff, and change your Extra to Finale diff. sorry for my diff who DQ'ed 2 times just this stupid things, i know other players didnt complained with this. but yeah im just nothing on this community, i cant even map this song. i cant even map pp maps here, and whatever people said i will never changing AR and OD here, NEVER!

Have a nice day, QAT :)
whymeman
*sigh*

Fort, it's a bit too early to throw in the towel now. Not going to at least try waiting a day or two before jumping ship to see what can be done?
show more