forum

Is my game cheating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mickeyps
I noticed yesterday that my Osu! client has started to act strange. I don't know how long this has been occurring, but my cursor has been automatically nudging towards where it is supposed to go. It's most noticeable in sliders when it reaches the end of the length before breaking it. If this is not intentionally in the game can someone please tell me how to get rid of this? I play with a mouse and keyboard. Standard optical dell mouse/Inspiron laptop keyboard. :?
El Koko

Mickeyps wrote:

I noticed yesterday that my Osu! client has started to act strange. I don't know how long this has been occurring, but my cursor has been automatically nudging towards where it is supposed to go. It's most noticeable in sliders when it reaches the end of the length before breaking it. If this is not intentionally in the game can someone please tell me how to get rid of this? I play with a mouse and keyboard. Standard optical dell mouse/Inspiron laptop keyboard. :?
Your game's been possessed by an osu-playing-demon. Get a priest to perform an exorcism.

Seriously speaking, post your problem here 5 and try to provide a video if possible. Or something where your problem can be seen better... it sounds really weird. Might just be your imagination.
Vuelo Eluko
cookiezi
[ Stellar ]
Someone has been playing too much osu lately.....
I highly doubt your game is 'cheating'. It's probably all in your head, so take a break.
- Xest -
yeh happens sometimes
FlyingNeko
Go to the song selection screen and do this in order: F1, 1, 2.
You probably left the auto mod on or something. Or cookiezi has come to haunt your osu
Noobsicle
it'll help to post your sensitivity settings (windows/osu!), whether or not you have accel-fix installed (but your mouse may have built-in mouse accel anyways)

also close all programs
- Marco -
...or it's in autopilot mode
Mofu kun
Your computer is literally haunted.
-EA
this happened to me too once, it took a while before i figured out what it was cause it seemed really strange. its not your settings and your game isnt "cheating" its because you´ve either played a lot lately or because your aim has started to improve. its just your body doing that little extra because you realize/dont think you´ll make it in time. dont worry it will stop happening/you'll stop noticing it after a while :) of course if you think its something else you could always back up you song folder and re-instal the game though im pretty sure its just the same thing that happened to me.

Some other things it could be:
slight fps lag
mouse acceleration
Precision mode (can be turned off in mouse settings)
Topic Starter
Mickeyps
For my mouse options I have my mouse acceleration for windows on the highest setting with precision mode on. For Osu! it is set to 3.53 sensitivity. After turning off the precision option it became harder to aim, but I still felt as though it veered slightly. I always close all other windows other than when I'm downloading a map. I'll just accept my fate of having an Osu! player haunting my computer guiding me to the clear path. I'll work together with him/her to become a much better player so that they may be put to rest. Also I do know what auto mode is :D ... It's off. Thank you for giving input on what seems or seemed to be an issue, and I hope that nothing comes up in the future.
Bauxe

Mickeyps wrote:

For my mouse options I have my mouse acceleration for windows on the highest setting with precision mode on. For Osu! it is set to 3.53 sensitivity.
Wtf?
Mathsma

Mickeyps wrote:

For my mouse options I have my mouse acceleration for windows on the highest setting with precision mode on. For Osu! it is set to 3.53 sensitivity. After turning off the precision option it became harder to aim, but I still felt as though it veered slightly. I always close all other windows other than when I'm downloading a map. I'll just accept my fate of having an Osu! player haunting my computer guiding me to the clear path. I'll work together with him/her to become a much better player so that they may be put to rest. Also I do know what auto mode is :D ... It's off. Thank you for giving input on what seems or seemed to be an issue, and I hope that nothing comes up in the future.
Never use multipliers or mouse acceleration (enhance pointer precision), they ruin mouse precision. 6/11 windows mouse setting (or less than 6, but not 5), 1.0x osu! setting. Change your dpi instead, if you can't then your default dpi is probably enough unless you own an incredibly old wmo or ime.
xasuma

- Xest - wrote:

yeh happens sometimes
It does??? LOL
Topic Starter
Mickeyps
I use a Dell DJ301 mouse. As far as I can tell in my options I can't actually change my dpi to better the situation. I removed precision mode and put the mouse speed to default in windows, but when I play I have to use the highest sensitivity now or everything is too heavy. It's easier to play faster maps now, but it still has that weird veering towards where I'm supposed to go. I'll just go with it being my fault at this point.
Vuelo Eluko

xasuma wrote:

- Xest - wrote:

yeh happens sometimes
It does??? LOL
ye
- Xest -
it actually does but not recently to me, was when i played alot..its like the cursor guides itself on sliders
eldnl
well sometimes osu plays itself
Purple
This thread is confusing the crap out of me
Noobsicle
you should probably get a better mouse (optical - logitech g400/s, razer deathadder 2013 are few of the cheaper gaming mice out there)
and a mouse pad if you don't have one already

wow i can't find any info on the dell mouse's dpi lol
NinjaNick
Peppy believes in you.
Topic Starter
Mickeyps
After re installing osu completely and trying different mice and play styles I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what is going on. During some tests the cursor actually repelled away from circles like two magnets with the same polarity facing each other. In other tests it attracted towards the center of them. The only method that seems to cause it to happen less for some reason is using the default skin. I'm not quite sure if it's hardware, software, psychological, or a mix of some if not all of them, but I can't figure it out.
Lach
make a video
show more