forum

[Archived] I can't upload beatmaps!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Tochi
Problem Details
I made a new map and ready to submit it. But when i clicked on "Upload Beatmap" a
window popped up and says: "The beatmap you're trying to submit isn't owned by you!"
(I just changed my name)

osu! version: 20140415test
Flanster
Are you trying to upload somebody else's map?
Topic Starter
-Tochi
no, i just changed my name and now i can't upload beatmaps
Nathanael
Manually change the Creator field on each .osu file (aka difficulties) to your current name.
Example:
[Metadata]
Title:Theme of Miki Sayaka
Artist:ice
Creator:DJPop
Version:Climbb & Kana's Taiko
Source:Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Tags:soundtrack bgm Kajiura Yuki mahou shoujo Odaril Climbb KanaRin
Flanster
Oh I see. Your map still has your old name there though, you must change it to your new one.
Topic Starter
-Tochi
i also tried to change my name here:
Flanster
Change it on ALL difficulties.
Topic Starter
-Tochi
There is only one.
Nathanael
Have you retried refreshing the beatmap cache?
Topic Starter
-Tochi
How do i do that?
Foggen
Press F5 at the song select screen.
Flanster
Delete the files in your osu!\Data\SubmissionCache folder
Topic Starter
-Tochi
ok, thanks for helping me i will try it out.
LexiaLovesU
check the song folder if it has other people's files in it such as their .osb files in it then that is what is causing the issue by .osb files i mean like files like diffs files if this mp3 was taken off another map by that i mean if you went into someone's else's map and just changed the creator then the other diff will still be in the songfolder so just remove all the diffs in their that are not by you
Topic Starter
-Tochi
Well....i downloaded the mp3 file from the internet, dragged the file into osu. then my name was already written there in Song Setup.
So i don't think there's an another Diffs. or .osb files in the folder. thanks
Nathanael
Seems resolved. Marked!
Topic Starter
-Tochi
Hmm.... it still says the same.....I don't know what's happening, maybe it's some kind of a bug?! I can only Export Package to an .osb file and upload the file. That's the only way i can share the map right now. I think it is a bug :(
LexiaLovesU
maybe try making a new beatmap from the start?
Topic Starter
-Tochi
I've already tried it many times, and i just sended an e-mail to osu! Maybe they'll fix it soon i really don't know