forum

Accuracy droped 15% in 1 month?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aizhid
I had this account for a year but been playing actively for 4 to 5 month. Up till month 3 I had a normal accuracy just like everyone else in the 95% range.
However, recently in the last month, my accuracy kept dropping and when it reached 87% I became concerned and tried to get it back up but it still kept dropping and now I'm at 82%...

I've done everything I can think of, playing ar 8 and 4 songs + HR, Increase OD in editor on songs and retrying it over and over.Also, I played with offsets,skins,system tweaks,etc. Then when I play a song and compare it to the score I had at month 3, its still around 15% accuracy different. One thing I noticed about it is, I don't miss as often as anymore when I used to have a lot of misses now I have a huge # of 100s. I thought playing more is suppose to increase my aim, so this acc drop is just werid.

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2575174
Here is my profile. Any insight/adivce would be helpful.
silmarilen

get some A and S up there
Ayesha Altugle
Based on how you play like said on your recent activity. The accuracy you get is low as usual or you are playing with Nofail mod
Topic Starter
aizhid

silmarilen wrote:

get some A and S up there
I can get another score up there but it will just be a B again probably. These maps are well within my skill range, it just give me 100s when I see I hit perfectly on my screen.
sangu
The accuracy counter you are seeing is the weighted average of the accuracy of the plays which make up your top ranks. If you get some plays in your top ranks that have a high acc, your average acc will rise in no time. However, not just any play with high acc will do it, it must be decently high on your top ranks. (as in better than 30)
Blueprint
Improve your accuracy on your top ranks or score higher accuracy on other songs that out weigh them, if you don't think you can beat your score with huge combo's and bad accuracy don't submit them, I've always had bad accuracy but I've never managed to FC and get below a B

Edit: are those top performs HR? just over throw them with no mod accuracy.
nooblet
The higher up your score is on your top plays, the more influence it has on your accuracy. If you get 95 for your top 10 plays, it will pretty much bring it back up to 95% unless the rest of your scores are all C's.
Kritzkingvoid
Don't push yourself by playing insanely difficult maps with NF
Bauxe
Accuracy is based on the 300s, 100s, 50s and misses. Not hit error.
GoldenWolf

aizhid wrote:

I can get another score up there but it will just be a B again probably. These maps are well within my skill range, it just give me 100s when I see I hit perfectly on my screen.
You're getting 100s because these maps are above your skill level
Getting 100s means either you can't read them well enough or because you can't physically keep up with, or even both
Vuelo Eluko
technically they arent above his ability if he can pass them, just above his ability to play well. if it was above his ability he wouldn't be able to even pass it.
Nathanael
I see that you used NoFail on some of your recent plays
NoFail Modifier
This mod makes the player incapable of failing when the life bar hits zero. However, if the player has not scored any points during the map, they will not pass even if No Fail is used. Since this mod allows submitting scores with a very high miss-to-hit ratio, playing many maps with this mod can drastically lower one's accuracy.
GoldenWolf

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

technically they arent above his ability if he can pass them, just above his ability to play well. if it was above his ability he wouldn't be able to even pass it.
And you say that without taking the hp drain into account I suppose
A lot of maps have a low enough drain to be passed with a C, or even a D
Anything below a B is pure mashing, since to get an acc that low you're either playing at OD10 when you absolutely don't have the accuracy to play that, either not reading the map at all and mash your way through, and that's not exactly being within the skill level of someone imo
Vuelo Eluko
Drain is not the only factor and you know that. Take https://osu.ppy.sh/s/21928 for example. this can easily be passed with a D and it's HP8
Topic Starter
aizhid
thanks for the feed backs

Nathanael wrote:

I see that you used NoFail on some of your recent plays
NoFail Modifier
This mod makes the player incapable of failing when the life bar hits zero. However, if the player has not scored any points during the map, they will not pass even if No Fail is used. Since this mod allows submitting scores with a very high miss-to-hit ratio, playing many maps with this mod can drastically lower one's accuracy.

Ugh, the only time I use NF is to pratice HD+HR, which I did for a while.
I never use NF normally.
Topic Starter
aizhid

GoldenWolf wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

And you say that without taking the hp drain into account I suppose
A lot of maps have a low enough drain to be passed with a C, or even a D
Anything below a B is pure mashing, since to get an acc that low you're either playing at OD10 when you absolutely don't have the accuracy to play that, either not reading the map at all and mash your way through, and that's not exactly being within the skill level of someone imo
I don't know what you mean by mashing but I can FC a hard- 900 combo ish song with a D or C. I'm pretty good at not dropping my combo
GoldenWolf

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Drain is not the only factor and you know that. Take https://osu.ppy.sh/s/21928 for example. this can easily be passed with a D and it's HP8
and that falls in the "you don't have the accuracy needed to play that" category, which is also something outside of your skill level

aizhid wrote:

I don't know what you mean by mashing but I can FC a hard- 900 combo ish song with a D or C. I'm pretty good at not dropping my combo
Mashing means pressing buttons randomly enough to have poor acc
D's & C's falls into the "poor acc" category yes
Kukuthemoogle
All you need to do to improve your accuracy is beat your old top plays with better accuracy while maintaining the same combo or improving it.
Easier said than done. x:
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

and that falls in the "you don't have the accuracy needed to play that" category, which is also something outside of your skill level

aizhid wrote:

Mashing means pressing buttons randomly enough to have poor acc
D's & C's falls into the "poor acc" category yes
my point was drain isnt the only factor... and you're still trying to force your ideas..

'inside your skill level' isnt restricted to things you can nearly SS.
GoldenWolf
I wasn't implying drain is the only factor, so I don't get your point? Also I said anything below B was mashing, means anything above it isn't or just barely

Anyway my point is that something you can't acc or aim decently is outside of your skill level. Getting like 86% or lower means he did a lot of 100s or misses, so he shouldn't be surprised to see his acc dropping by playing things that are a bit too hard for him
Ethelon
And in addition to what people have already said, if you can keep up but keep getting these 100s, then you're not listening to the rhythm and playing it accurately (Unless your offset's completely messed up).
Karuta-_old_1
You might want to focus on hitting 300's instead of maintaining your combo

I'd always rather have higher accuracy than having a higher combo with low accuracy
AmaiHachimitsu
Your best scores need to have good accuracy, it's weighed. As simple as that.

Before ppv2 100% on normal was equal to 100% on Insane, this is no longer the case.

don't care about numbers, just try to improve your acc for now.