forum

Choose the beat of the measure in not-inherit sections.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
The problem with maps that have several timing changes (red timing sections) is that the metronome is often reset on beats that aren't the first beat of the bar, which causes the barlines to screw up and make the pusling osu! logo flash on the wrong beat. It would be nice if we could specify per-timing section what beat of the bar the section is on so the dominant beat of the metronome stays constant throughout the map.
LuigiHann
I was thinking about this the other day. It'd be good to have for when it's needed, but hopefully it could be added in an unobtrusive way
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ShaggoN
Support that. :) I wold be nice and convenient.
Jarby
I have nothing to say but YESYESYESYESYESYES.
pieguyn
Support. This would be a really nice feature.

Especially because I'm working on a beatmap that has a bunch of timing changes, and this would prevent the metronome from screwing up on some of them. :P
mm201
I thought about this but was too timid to request.
CheeseWarlock
My method for timing fluid-BPM songs wouldn't really need this most of the time, but it would certainly be nice. Support.
peppy
Uh, this hurts my brain even thinking about it. Why can't you just time on the correct beats?
mm201
Sometimes the BPM just fluctuates too wildly. To time accurately, you might need to put sections closer than a bar together. Or alternatively, it might just be more efficient to put a timing section on a beat other than the downbeat.

awp gave me timing like this for a map (http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17777), so now I have to go play with the sections to put them on downbeats.