forum

why i am improve so slow?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
in this 4 months I just FC'ing AR 9 once and i'm just start to play AR 9 about 6 days ago ( i mean i can really do that 6 days ago)
I just can do DT or HR on AR 7, but i think DT easier than HR
can't even do AR 8 DT but can do HR AR 8 a little bit
i can use HD in all map i can pass without no mod, but poor combo with >90% acc
I think i'm very slow for 4 months player, seriously
i was change my dpi from something absurd to 800 dpi (10 days ago), is this the cause why i'm improve slow?
or i do something wrong?
I'm not even try to copy someone playstyle, i grip my mouse just like i do and taping with keyboard just like i do

Thank you....
_sparky_
you know, everyone improves at their own speed.. so theres no need to rush yourself
Ethelon
You don't even have 500 plays. Just play more.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
i play offline, mostly
Yano
Why play offline ?
Play Online and ask again if you have more than 20k Plays if you need it ...

I also can only DT a couple of AR8 Maps and can't FC AR9 Maps bcs i'm too stupid to fc them ...

And what did you get more if you play offline ?
Playing Offline is good if you bought a new tablet/mouse to test it but not to play everytime offline...

C'mon ... why do you have an Account then ?
nooblet
What, I don't understand the point in playing offline at all, seriously. You're gonna regret it when you get a fluke score on your first run of a map. I have a score I made in January (Was like rank 10k) that I still can't beat today.
MFZ
Honestly, that's not so bad for 4 months (unless you play ar8 normals or smth)
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
i'm always play with DT HR if it's AR<6, but mostly play above AR 7 hard or insane, with DT or HR if AR 7.

Ultrayano wrote:

Why play offline ?
Play Online and ask again if you have more than 20k Plays if you need it ...

I also can only DT a couple of AR8 Maps and can't FC AR9 Maps bcs i'm too stupid to fc them ...

And what did you get more if you play offline ?
Playing Offline is good if you bought a new tablet/mouse to test it but not to play everytime offline...

C'mon ... why do you have an Account then ?
Honestly, i don't want my accuracy that's already bad get worse again, and i'm actually often to play with the beatmap that i cant pass with above 90% acc

nooblet wrote:

What, I don't understand the point in playing offline at all, seriously. You're gonna regret it when you get a fluke score on your first run of a map. I have a score I made in January (Was like rank 10k) that I still can't beat today.
yes it's happen often, i admit it
DT-sama
You do know that as far as AR goes, AR7 DT = AR9 < AR8 DT < AR7 HR < AR6 DT HR < AR8 HR = AR10, right? AR isn't difficulty.
If the AR9 maps you play are too hard for you to FC, just try something easier.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
What i feel now is i can't dt ar8 because i can't tap that fast but i see every notes well.
I just fc 2.5 star insane ar9, still considered as easy map i think
Yano

sdrghjkkk wrote:

Honestly, i don't want my accuracy that's already bad get worse again, and i'm actually often to play with the beatmap that i cant pass with above 90% acc
I play Maps where I don't make more than 80% Accuary ... pls don't make the fault and look on you overall accuary or on your Playcount like me.
I played like sh*t and not for fun bcs I wanted be good with a low Playcount
xasuma
Maybe to you it seems like you are improving slow, but from what I see you practice with a lot of mods. That might make it seem as if your learning slowly. But try it with no mods now and see how much better u are without them (unless ur too used to them). Just a thought.

I don't think you are learning slow at all btw.

Oh an people out there. If he wants to play offline, let him play offline. Who are you to tell anyone that they have to play online? That is completely unrelated to the topic.
Blueprint
You know you can just die on purpose and your score won't submit if you think it's bad accuracy
mcdoomfrag
A lot of new users seem to be misinformed about how accuracy on their profile works. That accuracy stat is weighted towards your highest pp plays, not an average of all your scores. This means that a year from now, all these shitty accuracy scores you are getting will have close to 0% effect on your accuracy, as you will have hopefully replaced your top scores with newer, more accurate ones. In other words, stop worrying about accuracy and start playing online 24/7. There is literally NO point in playing offline.
Winek
Can't you play for fun?
You don't have to be the best player, nor do you need to improve. If you spamplay, you won't improve for sure.
Improve slowly. I'm here for around 8 month, look at top rank. I can barely pass hards.
Everyone, it's not wrong to improve slowly. Take your time. Eventually you can already pass alot of things i can't even pass.

Likely the mentality is "PLAY&LEARN&IMPROVE SO THAT I CAN PASS 0108 AND SKYSTAR SHITS" and later many players complain that they can't map easies.

Now, take your time to discover all of the place. You won't improve by retrying all the time. You will naturaly improve when you play for fun.

yeeeeee serious winek ahoi
AmaiHachimitsu
You improve slowly because you are yearning for shortcuts.

The best shortcut is to understand what you're doing wrong and why. Then find a way to fix it.
dung eater
Play more 8() Also I'd play online and not care about your stats that much. Go multi or get some beatmap packs (all of them? D=) if you don't know what you want to play.

I wouldn't worry about playing hd/dt unless that's what you want to do. Plenty of hard enough ar7/8 maps i can't do without them a:

Can't really tell if you are improving slow or not, most will probably assume you are just not playing much and looking at the time you joined osu! :#
piruchan

Winek wrote:

Can't you play for fun?
You don't have to be the best player, nor do you need to improve. If you spamplay, you won't improve for sure.
Improve slowly. I'm here for around 8 month, look at top rank. I can barely pass hards.
Everyone, it's not wrong to improve slowly. Take your time. Eventually you can already pass alot of things i can't even pass.

Likely the mentality is "PLAY&LEARN&IMPROVE SO THAT I CAN PASS 0108 AND SKYSTAR SHITS" and later many players complain that they can't map easies.

Now, take your time to discover all of the place. You won't improve by retrying all the time. You will naturaly improve when you play for fun.

yeeeeee serious winek ahoi
Have to agree with you this time.
AmaiHachimitsu
I have to call this bullshit this time.

There's nothing wrong with ambitions to become good. And don't assess what is fun for others. If he wants to improve he has to play maps harder than his level is. The point is just not to give up and draw conclusions from your performance.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
game is fun for me if i want to improve in it
is that wrong? i don't know for this long time
iderekmc

sdrghjkkk wrote:

in this 4 months I just FC'ing AR 9 once and i'm just start to play AR 9 about 6 days ago
I just can do DT or HR on AR 7, but i think DT easier than HR
can't even do AR 8 DT but can do HR AR 8 a little bit
i can use HD in all map i can pass without no mod, but poor combo with >90% acc
I think i'm very slow for 4 months player, seriously
i was change my dpi from something absurd to 800 dpi (10 days ago), is this the cause why i'm improve slow?
or i do something wrong?
I'm not even try to copy someone playstyle, i grip my mouse just like i do and taping with keyboard just like i do

Thank you....
you have 500 plays.. xD u are REALLY good if u fc AR9 with 500 playcount
f i z i k
Play Count: 516

Even if you play offline..I started playing only insanes after like 20 days,even though I was getting completely shit accuracy. If you sit on hards until you do 99% on every single one you improve slowly. Push your limits,play stuff that is too hard for you and you will improve faster. As long as you dont mash buttons and get <65% you will improve fast.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
but i have train myself much in offline for 4 months, and only get one FC insane AR 9 (2,5 star web difficulty) .....
516 playcount in online is actually >7000 if i online everytime, i think
and i just go online when i feel i'm in best condition

mcdoomfrag wrote:

A lot of new users seem to be misinformed about how accuracy on their profile works. That accuracy stat is weighted towards your highest pp plays, not an average of all your scores. This means that a year from now, all these shitty accuracy scores you are getting will have close to 0% effect on your accuracy, as you will have hopefully replaced your top scores with newer, more accurate ones. In other words, stop worrying about accuracy and start playing online 24/7. There is literally NO point in playing offline.
but i think i will online every time after read this very nice information

f i z i k wrote:

Play Count: 516

Even if you play offline..I started playing only insanes after like 20 days,even though I was getting completely shit accuracy. If you sit on hards until you do 99% on every single one you improve slowly. Push your limits,play stuff that is too hard for you and you will improve faster. As long as you dont mash buttons and get <65% you will improve fast.
it's what i do the most when in offline, i play AR 9 about 6 days ago (what i mean is i can really do that 6 days ago(sorry for this one))
Blueprint
You don't need to be in top shop when playing online, nobody cares if you win in multi.
Let me even say this if you wasn't offline all the time hell you may even have more active friend's that would advise you before you even opponent the thread.
GoldenWolf

sdrghjkkk wrote:

but i have train myself much in offline for 4 months, and only get one FC insane AR 9 (2,5 star web difficulty) .....
516 playcount in online is actually >7000 if i online everytime, i think
and i just go online when i feel i'm in best condition
Why you would do that, if not for trying to look better than what you actually are.
BlackMidKnight
And even you'll get a hang of playing osu (like playing over a thousand time) and you still stick to one difficulty (especially normal difficulty) and barely playing other difficulty greater than the one you are sticking, that's where it comes to a halt...
Raniemi
You shouldn't worry about improving so much. You should just play for fun and you will get better as time passes ; everyone improves at a different speed. Also, you should stick with a setting you are comfortable with. I've played for 4 months too :)
GoldenWolf

Raniemi wrote:

You shouldn't worry about improving so much. You should just play for fun and you will get better as time passes
And what if fun means improving fast for them? Of course everyone should play a game for fun, but the definition of fun differs for everyone
aizhid
playing super hard map can make you skip a lot of essential learning experience from songs at your natural level.
vsprite
Ive been playing for 3 months and im 22k rank, but I dont really care about accuracy or how well i can do songs. I just kept playing and challenging myself a bit and i was 22k rank in no time.

Dont care about how bad your score or accuracy is, just keep playing. Itll eventually get better.
show more