forum

Search behaviour in Song Select [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Yeah, I'd like this.
Nakata Yuji
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Randy96

Nakata Yuji wrote:

+1
Derekku
Please <3
rust45
qlum
support
ShaggoN
Definitely support that. :D It would be easier to find maps with weird titles.
peppy
cyanberryio
Add this feature for tags at least, that's where it'd be the most useful. It currently only searches tags in the order they are inserted to the map. I don't care about Source, Artist, Creator, or Song Title, just for Tags please. ;)
Topic Starter
0_o
Nakata Yuji
peppy
I am willing to consider it for tags.
Topic Starter
0_o
Another way having this for all fields would be useful:

Try searching for Skillet - Hero when you have a lot of maps by xxheroxx. Both Skillet and Hero give you several results (if you have a lot of Skillet maps), and it would be much easier to type "skillet hero" and have your result instantly.

Also, if this were only to be implemented for tags then people would just start adding the Artist, Title and source to the tags, which shouldn't be necessary.
awp
peppy

0_o wrote:

Also, if this were only to be implemented for tags then people would just start adding the Artist, Title and source to the tags, which shouldn't be necessary.
No they wouldn't, because they would be QC'd away.
Mukku
Is there a such feature for songs categories? I often find myself wanting to play some video game themes. If that doesnt yet exist, would be great to have it.
Derekku

Mukku wrote:

Is there a such feature for songs categories? I often find myself wanting to play some video game themes. If that doesnt yet exist, would be great to have it.
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?s=7&o=1&q=&r=0&g=2&la=0

Not in-game, but this should be good enough. There's other categories that can be sorted by in the drop-down boxes as well.
Shohei Ohtani
Confusing title, so I'll just explain it.

I want to find all of the nightcore songs that I've mapped. So I do what I'd logically think, I typed in "cdfa nightcore" and I'm met with this

(Nightcore map in the background to show that I do have nightcore maps with my name in the game, but they don't appear when I search for them in the way that I am)

I noticed also that when I type my name into the search, I'm given every map that I've mapped/have made a guest diff for. However, upon adding a space, this happens

(The maps in this picture made by me have my name in the diff name, which is why they appear)

So I'm thinking. Would it be possible that the game still look in the "beatmap creator" category when searching for other tags?
theowest
maybe write usernames in quotation marks "" to specify them as usernames, and then search anything mapped by that user with the following words.
Does that sounds useful?

then again, you might want to search for something completely different containing quotation marks.
blissfulyoshi
Similar to p/2137261/ ? (I can add creator name to the list)
Sakura
did you try typing nightcore cdfa instead?
TheVileOne
Both your threads are duplicates BTW.
t/20497
Shohei Ohtani
@Sakura:

TVO + BY: o
theowest
I'll merge this with the duplicate so that it's active again, since you want this.

related request t/123175