Which is the 'easiest' mode?

posted
Total Posts
29
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
A quick glance at rankings would suggest mania is, but obviously the gameplay is so similar to several other older/more established rhythm games that top players from there quite logically can take top 50 in a few hundred/thousand plays here. Also number of players means less plays in general which also applies to the top...

But in terms of Gameplay, what do you think it is?

Obviously there's nothing degrading meant to whoever plays an 'easier' mode, the nature of the game makes the skill ceiling go up proportionately with how much easier it is to improve faster since there's really no limits.
djjsixpack
CTB for me seems like the easiest. I only say CTB based purely on how hard top-end playing looks, but this may be because Taiko and osu!mania look ridiculously hard to me in comparison, so don't mind me if it sounds dumb.
[TIM]
I would say that all the modes are all hard to compare. Having racked up a good amount of plays in standard and Mania, I think it's safe to say that they are completely different games... However, you are right when you say that players do have some low playcounts for their rank in Mania. That is mostly because most of the top players are already pro players from BMS/IIDX.
Coffee Hero
Considering theres like no limit to how hard a map can be made for any game mode its stupid to call a game mode "easier".
10crystalmask01
CtB seems to be the easiest mode for me to play.
Full Tablet
Any mode can have virtually infinitively hard maps; reaching the skill ceiling is hard for any mode. For any mode a top-tier map requires a lot of practice to get the skill needed to play.

Comparing difficulty based on how much time the top players have played to reach their position isn't very accurate; that parameter describes more how popular and competitive the mode is.

Based on difficulty of passing maps of median difficulty, CTB would be the easiest (a player would be able to pass over 80% of the maps available on the first day they start playing, the group of maps that require skill to pass is rather small compared to the total available maps), followed by o!mania (it's harder to play properly, but you can mash the keyboard just to survive).

Based on the difficulty of getting perfect or near-perfect performance on maps of median difficulty, the order would be: CTB (many maps where getting 100% accuracy is near-free) > Standard (median maps have relatively high leniency for getting 300s) > Taiko > o!mania (all maps needs the player to be very accurate for perfect performance).
Karuta-
catch the beat, cause it's easiest to play in any kind of situations, you just put your laptop on your lap and play and you don't press as much as taiko
[ Stellar ]
Ctb and standard are the easiest modes, though, ctb is a lot easier to learn.
I don't personally find mania any easy, since getting a good accuracy is very hard to new players.
Because you have to hold and release notes at the right time makes it more difficult than the other modes.
iderekmc

[ Stellar wrote:

I don't personally find mania any easy, since getting a good accuracy is very hard to new players.
after a day u arent "new" anymore xD
Cozzzy
CTB is the easiest to play at a lower level, but I want to add that imo it's one of the hardest at a higher level. I think it actually has the most demand for reaction time, because you can't just snap/aim and, unlike mania, a break will ruin your score entirely. ExGon's replays amaze me :o
piruchan
For getting ranks, I would say Mania (I don't know about CtB). This is because mods won't give you extra score. I played Mania during my early days at osu! and an S is enough to get you into top 1000.
tsundoll
It's hard to compare because everyone specializes in something. Mania has easier ranked maps, but possibility for extremely hard maps including BMS converts and many unranked maps. Mania is possibly the hardest mode. CtB is easy to play but very hard to master. Whoever says you can pass any CtB map first day, go and try a Rain difficulty on a CtB mapset.

Taiko is hard for me but I haven't sunk much time into it. Standard I can't really comment on, but some mods are easier on standard.
aizhid
standard harder for rank gain for sure.
meteor22
standard is the only mod worth playing, the other mods require basically less than half the skill
AegisFTW

meteor22 wrote:

standard is the only mod worth playing, the other mods require basically less than half the skill
This won't end well.
Pinecone

meteor22 wrote:

standard is the only mod worth playing, the other mods require basically less than half the skill
Cuppp

meteor22 wrote:

standard is the only mod worth playing, the other mods require basically less than half the skill
Agka

meteor22 wrote:

standard is the only mod worth playing, the other mods require basically less than half the skill
Brainpeeler

meteor22 wrote:

standard is the only mod worth playing, the other mods require basically less than half the skill
Entozer
mania is the easiest I think.

I can clear a lot of ranked maps compare to standard.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply