forum

Sort by pp ranking.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +730
Topic Starter
jesse1412
Similar to sort by mods/friends/country except sort by pp awarded. Possibly supporter only.
Vuelo Eluko
i feel somewhat responsible for this
this post represents an invisible star.
Starry-
pls yes
jasian
Personally this is the single feature that would make me pay for infinite supporter. The ability to play songs at my current pp level and then set heights onto harder levels without going crazy on Osutp.net saves time and will make a lot of people grateful for the feature.The downside I could see to this is that people who farm pp will see this as a route to even more obvious pp gains.
Karuta-_old_1

litejason wrote:

Personally this is the single feature that would make me pay for infinite supporter. The ability to play songs at my current pp level and then set heights onto harder levels without going crazy on Osutp.net saves time and will make a lot of people grateful for the feature.The downside I could see to this is that people who farm pp will see this as a route to even more obvious pp gains.
Don't worry, most players out there don't even care about ranks (at least those in multiplayer)

If it helps the person to improve then why not, but I am worried if this would affect people's choice in picking beatmaps cause I really hate to play same map again and again in multiplayers
TheTrueNorth
pp value is changed by mods and your accuracy rating, though?

would the pp value change based on the mods you select? Or would it be sorted in pp order, under the assumption that you recieve 100% accuracy with no mods.

Take a star anyway, this seems helpful.
Topic Starter
jesse1412
Maybe the feature request wasn't clear? I mean the top50 players displayed be in order of pp awarded on a map (like this but taking into account all scores http://osutp.net/scores?bid=129891)
Jerome
deleted
Vuelo Eluko
bump
buckiehero
yes pls
ikzune
what i would rather is each song displaying the max pp avaliable for it saying osutopus gets 1m or like pp for a 995k score if 995k-1m bumps up pp ridicolously
Arcane
i think it would be a great idea but then people are just gonna farm these high rated maps and the ranking system will be unfair so people play easy songs with tons of PP and it will all be unbalanced again. but like someone said before most people dont care about rank (expecially in MP) so why even bother to make a such a feature and let Peppy do all the work to create a new PP system AGAIN >.< :( :?
Gumpy
Would be Nice
Topic Starter
jesse1412

Magicsz wrote:

i think it would be a great idea but then people are just gonna farm these high rated maps and the ranking system will be unfair so people play easy songs with tons of PP and it will all be unbalanced again. but like someone said before most people dont care about rank (expecially in MP) so why even bother to make a such a feature and let Peppy do all the work to create a new PP system AGAIN >.< :( :?
You don't understand pp at all. pp right now is pretty much unfarmable in a sense. If you can get the pp you deserve it, unlike the old pp system.
Arcane

jesus1412 wrote:

Magicsz wrote:

You don't understand pp at all. pp right now is pretty much unfarmable in a sense. If you can get the pp you deserve it, unlike the old pp system.
But look at your rank XD why dont you know which maps give loads of pp???
Topic Starter
jesse1412

Magicsz wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

I do, I just actively ignore them.
Kuronosu
I don't understand how would this feature be any dangerous (to ruin the actual pp system and stuff), but it would be nice if we could sort by pp ranking, so +stars! I hope this request gets revived so we can make it real : D.
Kuronosu
Wow! +150~ votes in 10 days, awesome! :o Is it bad if I talk to myself here? Since... nobody's seems to be answering.. maybe because of my grammar.. well, whatever it is, just sorry.

Btw, even tho it's not my request, I'm thankful for all the votes! : D It would be really nice to see this feature implemented. How many votes are usually needed? Anyone knows?
mizuki-chan
I think its not a bad idea, why not have such a feature?
Kuronosu
I wondered too, but nobody is answering.. :/
Jawing
I'd like to further support this idea as scores in mania (even with mods) all have 1.00x multipliers. It is hard to distinguish between the top PP plays.

Just wondering if this feature will be implemented in the future.
Perhaps it's already in osu!lazer if I'm not aware?
Tjaz
+1
Ratchet0203
deleted
axeltrix
quiero
Vuelo Eluko

jesse1412 wrote:

Magicsz wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

I do, I just actively ignore them.
i miss you so much senpai... every day... :|