forum

Do you find you play osu! better tired?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Stragely enough, I find that my reaction time and osu performance improves when I'm relatively tired, something I find kinda odd.

So what times do you find you play best at osu? What times do you not play so well?
Stickly Man
For some reason, in most cases for me the more a play a song over and over, the worse and worse I get. I find by playing a song after I haven't for a while, I tend to do better..

And I also don't do good if I'm too alert and awake, as well as if I'm too tired.. There seems to be some happy medium. It also depends on the day too, some days I just do good, other days I just do horrible..

So basically, I just start playing osu, and if I keep messing up too much, I just do something else and try again later :P
Ephemeral
My reaction speed drops (as in, gets better) after midnight on most days, and drops by about 10ms for every beer I consume up to the third one, then gains by like 40 for every one after that.

How do I know? I got curious. :V

It is a mystery.
Kytoxid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
minyeob
Coldness makes me worse.
anonymous_old

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Stragely enough, I find that my reaction time and osu performance improves when I'm relatively tired, something I find kinda odd.
Happens to me, too. I can click faster but have less mousing accuracy.

I can speak for Rolled: he can play Kanbu better tired.

Though I think it's because the more tired I become, the more caffeine I consume.
mekadon_old

minyeob wrote:

Coldness makes me worse.
haha same goes here :o
fucking rainy season, it gives me fever. :(
nardii
Reminds me of this
Ekaru
When I'm tired, I find I hit the notes later in relation to the music and the offset feels early (even if it's perfectly on). Also I have much more trouble hitting the circles when I'm tired as to when I'm wide awake.

So, I'm naturally worse when I'm tired.
IppE
I haven't really noticed this with osu but it sure helps in Audiosurf to be tired. Probably applies to osu too then.
Mara
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I don't play osu! tired enough to know, but I'll try it this week when I'm half asleep xp
Stickly Man

nardi11011 wrote:

Reminds me of this
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png
I somehow knew this XKCD was gonna be brought up...
Ph0X
Haha so true.
Well I'm not sure if it's from being tired, because I never get tired 8-) but around 4-5am, I just blow my own mind raping all those streams and doings crazy jumps and shit.

Overall, I notice that the less concentrated I am, the better I do, and that's actually for any rhythm game.
My subconsious is better at the game than me :(
anonymous_old
Gemi
Yeah, being a little tired (but not too much) does improve your playing with rhythm games. There are various reasons, such as you wont be thinking about other distracting things, you don't overconcentrate, etc. When ever I take part in dance gaming tournaments I sleep well for the week before, but on the very last night I sleep too little to make sure that my brains are just a little offline so I can play without my mind racing on a million things. It works.
doofus02
My answer would be no. I don't do anything well tired.

However I find I play better after a nip of sherry, and worse after a cup of coffee.
Daru

strager wrote:

Yup. Found myself joining in the middle of a map at times because I wasn't paying attention since the beginning.

Then I notice I have an S, do a little \:D/ thingy, and miss.

Yeah, I'll be thinking about something completely unrelated, then realize I'm playing osu!. There were a few times when I kept combo breaking at a certain part in a song, and kept retrying it. The one time I ended up passing the section without a combobreak was a time when I was dozing off. I looked back and went "Wait, did I pass it yet?".
NotShinta
I'm bad at nights when I'm tired and keep making mistakes, but in the morning when I'm still sorta tired I do fine. When I'm wide awake I'm okay. I think it depends on the amount of tiredness and the time of day. And possibly mood.
Aeris_old
It's funny...sometimes my mind is very sharp but my hands are weak...I feel very good but only in my mind...my body is completely destroyed (as almost always)...In even more rare times, my hands are ok but I feel tired and I can't play.