The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
2,105
show more
chainpullz
Oh I definitely still think the 30 second MLP maps are shameful. There's like nothing to learn from them and they are pretty much played solely for the pp. I only brought up koigokoro as a potential discussion branching point having no personal experience with the map myself. I still think the 180-200 bpm early DT maps are pretty stupid because pretty much any equivalent star difficulty nomod map with same bpm is significantly more difficult and rewards less pp. The faster DT maps at least require you to have a skill beyond those developed in nomod maps.
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

Oh I definitely still think the 30 second MLP maps are shameful. There's like nothing to learn from them and they are pretty much played solely for the pp. I only brought up koigokoro as a potential discussion branching point having no personal experience with the map myself. I still think the 180-200 bpm early DT maps are pretty stupid because pretty much any equivalent star difficulty nomod map with same bpm is significantly more difficult and rewards less pp. The faster DT maps at least require you to have a skill beyond those developed in nomod maps.
Fast fingers=pp
RSI/Carpal=no pp

This is obvious people.
Vuelo Eluko

chainpullz wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to call anyone in the top 5 a pp farmer even.
Everyone except rrtyui fits the description, they go out of their way to get the highest pp:effort ratio possible. once one person finds some map thats overrated and way too easy for what it gives, the others follow for that reason.
Deathripi

Riince wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to call anyone in the top 5 a pp farmer even.
Everyone except rrtyui
have fun playing game.
Karuta-

Deathripi wrote:

have fun playing game.
170k playcount isn't fun
chainpullz

Riince wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to call anyone in the top 5 a pp farmer even.
Everyone except rrtyui fits the description, they go out of their way to get the highest pp:effort ratio possible. once one person finds some map thats overrated and way too easy for what it gives, the others follow for that reason.
Because that's what you have to do to maintain your rank? I think you are completely overlooking all the maps they play that aren't "farm maps." Unless we use an extremely loose definition of "farm map," the argument goes like this: Assume all of the top 5 ranked players are pp farmers. The skill level of the top 5 players is close within reason. If one player finds a farm map, the other 4 will be skilled enough to play it as well and will go play it themselves. Each player is awarded a similar amount of pp differing based on accuracy. We expect to observe that 1) The highest pp player is no more than a few hundred pp above the lowest pp player (for having higher overall accuracy and 2) there is some correlation between ranking and accuracy. If you look at the top 5 ranked players you'll see neither of these thus our assumption must be off.

As I've already said, not playing any farm maps is like playing blue control at a pro tour with no JTMS/Preordain. Doing so is pretty much giving up any sort of meaningful prize money. Nobody who's goal is to be relevant is going to completely ignore them. All of the top 5 players have notable non-"farm map" scores that create a wider gap than mere accuracy. In a top 8 with the full 32 JTMS/Preordian the winner is decided by who plays the best. The same applies here.
winber1
everyone is a pp farmer to some extent by such definition, but if that's the case, then why would we have a term for something that everyone, with no exception, does? if that is the norm, then there is no negative connotation to it, but if everyone is not a pp farmer, then there might be some meaning to the term. a human that can walk has no special appeal or meaning if we all can walk, and likewise pp farming is not bad or good, rather it's literally just a redundant term, if we all pp farm.

but i will say that there are certain people who are lower ranked than they should be and some that are higher ranked than they should be, and in those cases we could probably say some have pp farmed. anyone in the top 10 or 100 pretty much deserves to be there, and if that's the case, i would not say they have truly pp farmed unless they are clearly worse than their rank says.

therefore, 2+2=5 QED
Deathripi

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

170k playcount isn't fun
You could have fun playing that much.

winber1 wrote:

Insane wall of Logic
therefore, 2+2=5 QED
yes.
Default

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Fast fingers=pp
RSI
This is obvious people.
RSI should give bonus pp
xasuma
lol
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
solid valid proof by winber1 through tautology

xasuma wrote:

lol
you bring up a valid point
ZenithPhantasm

Default wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Fast fingers=pp
RSI
This is obvious people.
RSI should give bonus pp
Already got RSI. Where's my bonus pp?
Zunv
Saw this thread so i thought why not also do a video. Maybe someone can tell me something of how to improve or stuff like that :)
I am playing since about 3 month now.
I looked for a (at least for me) hard map to pass. The video shows my first pass ever on it.

My setting for someone interested:
Tablet player (full are) with full screen 1920x1080 gameplay

D e s
goodluck
Kipley

Woobowiz wrote:

Jesus fuck you're grasping at straws to make me look bad, just go back to the jelly dish you crawled out of.

Woobowiz wrote:

I already cry wth OD 8 + DT...... I honestly don't know how HR players do it.

Woobowiz wrote:

Hidden is weird as fk for me, definitely an acquired skill.
I can't fathom how you can contradict yourself this much.

And people aren't making you look bad. You're making yourself look bad by the way you act and by what you say.
Deathripi

Zunv wrote:

Saw this thread so i thought why not also do a video. Maybe someone can tell me something of how to improve or stuff like that :)
I am playing since about 3 month now.
I looked for a (at least for me) hard map to pass. The video shows my first pass ever on it.

My setting for someone interested:
Tablet player (full are) with full screen 1920x1080 gameplay

You seem to be bad at streaming, which is normal, so go stream https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0 ;)
CABERMAN
this post has turned into nonsense cause all i see is arguments ._.


Also i see u only play dt! does thou ever play no mod on low ar maps?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Kip wrote:

I can't fathom how you can contradict yourself this much.
I didn't, you just can't read. :^)

CABERMAN wrote:

Also i see u only play dt! does thou ever play no mod on low ar maps?
"does thou" *cringe*
Yea I play AR 7 and 8 occasionally, they just obviously don't show on my top plays. No Mod too, it's just that none of them give enough pp to be noticed by other people. It shouldn't concern you anyways.
Kaienyuu
What is this thread about again?
winber1

Kaienyuu wrote:

What is this thread about again?
why wooby is so kawaii
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply