forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
byfar

Narrill wrote:

Stacks.
except even worse. after 3 sliders theres a stack or a note hiding at the bottom in the slider where u cant even see it
nrl
ITS THE STACKS MAN, THEYRE ERRYWHERE
chainpullz
That and notes hidden under sliders and back and forth jumps.
winber1
you can kind of guess where some of them are just based on listening to the music itself

im sometimes able to do it just because sometimes it just feels like there's a note, and i just instinctively go some place under a slider and click. sometimes i'm wrong, sometimes i'm right

sometimes

sometimes
RaneFire
Then there's that note which you know isn't there after the first time, and doesn't actually exist because it's not anywhere, and you keep trying to hit it in the same place every time.
Blanky

RaneFire wrote:

Then there's that note which you know isn't there after the first time, and doesn't actually exist because it's not anywhere, and you keep trying to hit it in the same place every time.
So much this
Vuelo Eluko
[-Cloud-]
I had so much hope.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
What is even going on?
Nothing really new going on, I already explained what is happening for me; I can't play as often as I used to because of school and work.
I'll be back on track for long breaks like Winter, Spring, and Summer break.
chainpullz
I feel you. Though if I didn't raid 12 hours a week in WoW, I'd actually have the time for osu... (easy solution - I should just quit WoW kekeke)

It's depressing to look at my play history for like September when I was guildless and spent most of my free time on osu! and extracirriculars weren't in full swing yet and now where all my time gets eaten up to the point that I either sleep and don't have time for osu! or have time for osu! but am too tired and end up forum trolling/anime binging instead.
B1rd
wait what, didn't Woobowiz have Koigokoro DT as a top rank? All I can see is Delis'...

also I want to vent how pissed I am, tried to FC Remote Control like 15 times, didn't break on the jumps once. At the end of the day my jumping ability is better but I can't maintain focus. one day remote control...
winber1
wahahaha
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

wait what, didn't Woobowiz have Koigokoro DT as a top rank? All I can see is Delis'...

also I want to vent how pissed I am, tried to FC Remote Control like 15 times, didn't break on the jumps once. At the end of the day my jumping ability is better but I can't maintain focus. one day remote control...
I feel you. 120 plays later and I still haven't fc'd aliez with hr again. Stupid Bancho... I did get a 98% with a slider break today on it that would have been worth 170+pp. One of these days...
A1R
Damn i could only wish for so much progress. Good luck on your way! I'm definitely sure you'll become even better than cookiezi.
MiloSx7

B1rd wrote:

The 3x... mini streams at the beginning of the insane diff is actually the stuff that makes the song hard.. For me, at least. Jumps are slow, therefore easy to aim even without a good muscle memory
GoldenWolf

AiRDesu wrote:

I'm definitely sure you'll become even better than cookiezi.
Wellllllllll..........
B1rd
honestly I do think someone could get close to Cookiezi if they had the drive and motivation to archive the goal. but I don't think anyone is that serious about the game.
Indra_old_1
Best way to improve is ignoring ranks, and challange yourself.
It is much easier to have fun and you will get used to play what you play.
GoldenWolf

B1rd wrote:

honestly I do think someone could get close to Cookiezi if they had the drive and motivation to archive the goal. but I don't think anyone is that serious about the game.
rrtyui got pretty close, but surpassed? ha good joke, no one will care enough about clicking circles to try this hard
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

B1rd wrote:

rrtyui got pretty close, but surpassed? ha good joke, no one will care enough about clicking circles to try this hard
its good that rrtyui is around though, it really puts cookiezi in perspective when we can still see how crazy good rrtyui was and yet see that its still very far off the mark, so even people that started after cookiezi's ban can get an idea of how comparatively good he was.
laref
Know what would be so damn funny? if Cookiezi came out one day and said he cheated. Just picture it. Everyone starting to question themselves what life is.
chainpullz
All of cookiezi's major accomplishments are doable by the top 2-3 players at the moment (excluding sayo since hes pretty much DT-only player). It might take them more plays on some maps than it took cookiezi but that's w/e. If cookiezi kept playing who knows if he would continue to be ahead of the curve or if he would have hit a wall and barely be ahead of where the current top 2-3 players are right now.
winber1
idk why everyone puts Cookiezi so far above even the top players right now

rrtyui and hvick are quite close to what Cookiezi was able to do. Honestly, personally hvick seems to have more skill than cookiezi in terms of fast jumps, since i've never seen cookiezi fc the 190bpm dt's that hvick has. but obviously that's just one category. you can say cookiezi is still a better overall player and i can't argue with that.

however, the fact of the matter was that previously cookiezi was literally better than everyone in every single god damn aspect of the game: jumps, streams, aim, and definitely top tier in terms of accuracy. Now, the new top tier players are at least able to match cookiezi's skill in one ground, if still not able to match his overall skill.

i'm still a cookiezi believer but i don't hold him that high up in the list man. there's like this bias that's hard to get rid of. Because we haven't been able to see him face to face with anyone in the top tier list directly, all we have to rely on for evidence is his ungodly skill back when he was playing (when at that point he truly was way above anyone else), and so we end up applying this ungodly power no matter who we talk about.
chainpullz
He was arguably a year ahead of everyone else and it's been over a year since he went inactive preceding his ban. If his account were to be recalculated under ppv2 it's hard to believe he wouldn't be over 8k pp but I doubt even given a year of not being banned he would be much, if at all, ahead of SnowWhite in terms of pp. Keep in mind he did have health issues prior to being banned and those typically don't magically go away in a short period of time (and many other top players have had to go through similar health issues at one point or another so that time can't just be excluded without bias).

Basically agreeing with winber but elaborating a bit more on the state of things.
B1rd
I don't think Cookiezi's skills have been exaggerated. You could say that players just now are catching up to him, but I bet if he was still active and competitive he would be still above the rest of the players at any aspect he wanted. He is still pretty much uncontested in aim.
I'm sure he, or rrtyui could do the same 190bpm DTs like hvick if they tried, but they're not really the type of players to do generic maps like that.
silmarilen

B1rd wrote:

but they're not really the type of players to do generic maps like that.
this is especially true for retryui imo, he's really more into those weird maps that nobody else can really dt properly like extreme fantasy, sanctity, 8bit princess, i burn, sumidagawa karenka, hyakka ryouran and maps he didnt finish like dawn of a dark day and rootus.
and let's not forget his SS on elemental creation and 99+ acc fc on holy orders to name some crazy nomod scores
B1rd
hmm some nice extra replays that I will be viewing.
Rewben2

winber1 wrote:

idk why everyone puts Cookiezi so far above even the top players right now

rrtyui and hvick are quite close to what Cookiezi was able to do. Honestly, personally hvick seems to have more skill than cookiezi in terms of fast jumps, since i've never seen cookiezi fc the 190bpm dt's that hvick has. but obviously that's just one category. you can say cookiezi is still a better overall player and i can't argue with that.

however, the fact of the matter was that previously cookiezi was literally better than everyone in every single god damn aspect of the game: jumps, streams, aim, and definitely top tier in terms of accuracy. Now, the new top tier players are at least able to match cookiezi's skill in one ground, if still not able to match his overall skill.

i'm still a cookiezi believer but i don't hold him that high up in the list man. there's like this bias that's hard to get rid of. Because we haven't been able to see him face to face with anyone in the top tier list directly, all we have to rely on for evidence is his ungodly skill back when he was playing (when at that point he truly was way above anyone else), and so we end up applying this ungodly power no matter who we talk about.
I agree with you. I think people are close to competing with Cookiezi, but the thing is he was so damn good at everything. He could read nomod and ar8 with no problems, setting great scores on nomod maps like fdfd and dragonforce maps. As well as being a great 10.3 player and even having ar11 scores. Top tier accuracy, the best (?) aim and good speed, but there are players faster than him. As well as crazy consistency.

People will challenge him in individual aspects like dt alone or hdhr alone, but altogether? I don't think anyone has done that.
Ohrami
also cookiezi move his cursor very straight which means hes a better player
winber1

Kyou-kun wrote:

talented people are created from straight people
byfar

Kyou-kun wrote:

once u play like auto, you have officially becum cokezi

Rewben2 wrote:

He could read nomod and ar8
and there u have it kiddos, once u can read low ar, high ar becomes piece of cake
cheezstik
Cookiezi still has some DT's that no one else has done yet, like leia, and RSP - the first star, but the top 3 right now could probably do those with enough tries. Something they probably wouldn't be capable of though is the 1x100 freedom dive, or the half FC of freedom dive with HDHR.
chainpullz
The single 100 on freedom dive could have just as easily been a perfect or like a 15x 100. I agree he is a more consistent player perhaps but on a map that long your accuracy will vary a little bit. It was more likely a very good play that happened to be his first fc. I doubt he could replicate such an outstanding score. Of course we will never find out. I'll agree that he was by far the best player of his time. I'll even agree there is a chance he would have continued to be the top player. I will not however overlook his eye problems and say he would undeniably be #1 still if he didn't get banned. It would have taken him time to get back into shape assuming his eye problem didn't linger.
cheezstik
Even if it was a 15x100, it is still massively superior to a lot of what people today have achieved. cptnxn was one to come close. Another similar score is his kokou no sousei chaos SS, a map that no one has even FCed nomod today. He probably would've FCed image material as well. Disregarding the eye problem, if he kept playing, he still likely would've been #1 overall.

Some of his individual aspects have at least been matched though. It's safe to say that WWW is more consistent than him at his peak, even though I am mostly judging from OWC performances, WWW still seems more consistent overall, or at the very least just as consistent. MillhioreF is a better if not just as good high density reader (not really much proof of this, since I haven't seen cookiezi playing EZ mod, purely assumption), and emperorpenguin is a better if not just as good high AR reader. I'm pretty sure there are players that can stream as fast if not faster than cookiezi now, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
chainpullz
Remillia scarlet was always a faster streamer than cookiezi (I want to say he even admitted it himself but too lazy to look for that). Cookiezi was just had arguably the most stamina.

If we disregard the eye problem we also have to disregard any problem every other play has had with their health as well. There are a lot of other players that have had to take breaks for carpal tunnel and such and thus fell behind in the improvement race.
cheezstik

chainpullz wrote:

Remillia scarlet was always a faster streamer than cookiezi (I want to say he even admitted it himself but too lazy to look for that). Cookiezi was just had arguably the most stamina.

If we disregard the eye problem we also have to disregard any problem every other play has had with their health as well. There are a lot of other players that have had to take breaks for carpal tunnel and such and thus fell behind in the improvement race.
Was there anyone as good as cookiezi with a serious health problem that stopped them from being good though, or more specifically, as good as or better than cookiezi? All I can think of is lewa, who had to take a couple months break, but even then, I wouldn't say he reached cookiezi's level in anything except accuracy or consistency.
winber1
me
silmarilen

Rewben2 wrote:

I agree with you. I think people are close to competing with Cookiezi, but the thing is he was so damn good at everything. He could read nomod and ar8 with no problems, setting great scores on nomod maps like fdfd and dragonforce maps. As well as being a great 10.3 player and even having ar11 scores. Top tier accuracy, the best (?) aim and good speed, but there are players faster than him. As well as crazy consistency.

People will challenge him in individual aspects like dt alone or hdhr alone, but altogether? I don't think anyone has done that.
he had 1 from what i can remember and that took a lot of retries
Miho_fucked

cheezstik wrote:

Cookiezi still has some DT's that no one else has done yet, like leia, and RSP - the first star, but the top 3 right now could probably do those with enough tries. Something they probably wouldn't be capable of though is the 1x100 freedom dive, or the half FC of freedom dive with HDHR.
MeCarl did The First Star c:
Ohrami

silmarilen wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

he had 1 from what i can remember and that took a lot of retries
had at least 15
show more