forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Husky wrote:

Speed without the fundamentals is a dead speed.
I wonder why everyone is saying I lack basics?
Zare
They're desperately searching for something to complain about to make themselves feel better.
Unfortunately, this gets harder as you progress because you're doing stupidly well, so the reasons for complaining become more and more groundless and abstract.
Tamako Lumisade

Zare wrote:

They're desperately searching for something to complain about to make themselves feel better.
Unfortunately, this gets harder as you progress because you're doing stupidly well, so the reasons for complaining become more and more groundless and abstract.
Hello fanboy

And people like you are desperately searching for something against the others' opinion. I've just given him an advice to focus more on precision and reading skills. His unjustified hate for Skystar maps proves that very well. By playing DT he won't be Cookiezi. If he really aims into it, he really should train reading more, HR, HD, HDHR, nomod, precision, playing small CS, low ARs, high ARs and everything. Cookiezi hasn't got any weakness. Why? Because he was a miracle child, who came to our world with a tablet in his hand? No. He overcame them. He fought with it. You have forgotten, the game consists on clicking circles into the rhytm of the song, not "Click as fast as possible".

Woobie doesn't like SS maps. So what does he do? He avoids them. That's not the way it is. And it's just a top of a mountain. And 358 plays of Farmoro Koigoro? Memorizing the map does not increase the skill.

Remember kids, a constructive criticism is much more better than warm words of encouragement.
nrl
It's not that people are saying you lack basics, DT is more than doable with basics. Rather, people are saying that all you have are basics, and they say that because you haven't shown anything exceptional other than speed. Some decent HR plays will remedy this.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Husky wrote:

His unjustified hate for Skystar maps proves that very well.
Unjustified? Have you even seen the bullshit you see in 5+ star Skystar maps? (also I like keeping S.S. as StarStream, whose mapping I highly enjoy)

Husky wrote:

And 358 plays of Farmoro Koigoro?
Have you even considered that Primastella - Koigokoro was one of the first maps I've played? That's just a failed cherry-picking for an argument. Even my original post has a video of my no-mod run of that, now THAT took up the majority of the plays, DT may have been 30-40 plays tops for Delis' Insane and 10 plays tops for the other Insane.

Husky wrote:

Memorizing the map does not increase the skill.
Who said I memorized maps? That's just a baseless and factless statement

Husky wrote:

Remember kids, a constructive criticism is much more better than warm words of encouragement.
That wasn't constructive criticism at all, it was an evaluative statement that I took as a jab to my skills.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

It's not that people are saying you lack basics, DT is more than doable with basics. Rather, people are saying that all you have are basics, and they say that because you haven't shown anything exceptional other than speed. Some decent HR plays will remedy this.
I really am trying, the issue I have is that I haven't invested enough time to adjust to OD 10, and doing that while still learning AR 10 just makes it difficult, I might end up modding AR 9 maps to OD 10 just to figure it out first.

On a slightly separate note, I've been trying for 1 no-mod play, which is Dispel, but nerves seriously gets to me and I end up with 1 or 2 misses.
GoldenWolf

Husky wrote:

His unjustified hate for Skystar maps
How is it unjusified? It's a matter of tastes and opinions. What's wrong with that?

Husky wrote:

By playing DT he won't be Cookiezi. If he really aims into it, he really should train reading more, HR, HD, HDHR, nomod, precision, playing small CS, low ARs, high ARs and everything.
But he's doing just fine so far; focusing on one thing at a time. That seems to work for him so far so it's fine. There isn't one single way to improve on osu!. Keep that in mind.

Husky wrote:

Cookiezi hasn't got any weakness.
pls, wrong, speed was his weakness, and his accuracy wasn't top-tier for a long time too.

Husky wrote:

You have forgotten, the game consists on clicking circles into the rhytm of the song, not "Click as fast as possible".
And you may have forgotten that DT is clicking circles to the rhythm of the song faster, which is harder than nomod.
Tamako Lumisade
That wasn't constructive criticism at all, it was an evaluative statement that I took as a jab to my skills.
If you received it in that way, then my apologies.

Uncle "Good Advice" says, you just should sacrifice a month or a two on slower no-mod maps. Don't tell me, it's worthless. Even playing Skystar maps are worth a lot. If there's an obstacle, you have to kill it. Start with LOVING Skystar maps. You really have to LOVE them. LOVE them with all your body. Shut your weakness. That's the only way, if your road still leads to Cookiezi.

How is it unjusified? It's a matter of tastes and opinions. What's wrong with that?
Nothing though. But he wants to be the very best, right?

But he's doing just fine so far; focusing on one thing at a time. That seems to work for him so far so it's fine. There isn't one single way to improve on osu!. Keep that in mind.
I'm aware of that. Just I know a lot of players, who are 1-category mastah. I back what I've said - Woobie wants to be the best. no 1. It will be very rejecting, playing something else than what you already mastered.
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

I really am trying, the issue I have is that I haven't invested enough time to adjust to OD 10, and doing that while still learning AR 10 just makes it difficult, I might end up modding AR 9 maps to OD 10 just to figure it out first.

On a slightly separate note, I've been trying for 1 no-mod play, which is Dispel, but nerves seriously gets to me and I end up with 1 or 2 misses.
I agree that taking on both OD10 and AR10 at the same time is tough, but you kind just have to forget about the bad plays and push through it. You won't start getting HR FCs for a while, even on easy maps, but that doesn't mean every play isn't worth something.

Also, don't focus on one map. There's no benefit in dropping hundreds of retries in one session, and at a handful a day you can grind dozens of tough maps. Every now and then you'll FC one of them.

GoldenWolf wrote:

And you may have forgotten that DT is clicking circles to the rhythm of the song faster, which is harder than nomod.
It's worth mentioning that the absolute nature of OD makes precise rhythm less important as tempo increases. Interpreting the rhythm is definitely a bear with DT, but playing along once you've done that isn't, provided you have the speed.
GoldenWolf

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

It's worth mentioning that the absolute nature of OD makes precise rhythm less important as tempo increases. Interpreting the rhythm is definitely a bear with DT, but playing along once you've done that isn't, provided you have the speed.
Don't forget DT decreases the hit window, requiring you to be more accurate
silmarilen
playing DT still wont teach you to 99+ acc hr
nrl

GoldenWolf wrote:

If memory serves, it doesn't decrease the hit window as much as HR does (unless it pushes it past 10), and DTable maps generally have lower OD to start with.
GoldenWolf
It's true, but it still require you to be more accurate than people seem to think
nrl
Definitely, just not as accurate as an HR play at the same star rating. That was all I meant.
GoldenWolf
okay then
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Definitely, just not as accurate as an HR play at the same star rating. That was all I meant.

GoldenWolf wrote:

okay then
As long as it doesn't end with flames and hatred I am okay with this awkward discussion :D
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
As soon as I stop getting distracted and hit 4k pp, I will train these aspects in this order.

1. Finger Control (because a certain someone made me tilt/frustrated today)
  2. Hard Rock
  3. Low AR (I don't know why I have to, but some people want me to)
These should all train accuracy >_>
Cheese
Can someone explain to me how can speed be a thing? I really don't understand... Everybody can move their pen super fast like idk DT airman but they just cant hit the notes or have accuracy. So in the end yor speed is decided by your aim/reading/accuracy
nrl
Speed is the ability to do everything else faster. It isn't a thing on its own.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Cheese wrote:

Can someone explain to me how can speed be a thing? I really don't understand... Everybody can move their pen super fast like idk DT airman but they just cant hit the notes or have accuracy. So in the end yor speed is decided by your aim/reading/accuracy
Try not to think too much about the game there buddy. Especially with that HORRIBLY disgustingly bad example of DT Airman, like....what did I just read....

Alternatively, your Accuracy is decided by your aim (prevent miss)/speed(moving to the next note)/reading(knowing when to click).
You aim is decided by your reading/speed

What's you're point? Might as well make it a rhetorical question.
Cheese
Its the opposite. Speed is decided by aim. And whats wrong with DT Airman? my "are" point was just a question.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Cheese wrote:

Its the opposite. Speed is decided by aim. And whats wrong with DT Airman? And my "are" point was just a question.
Speed and Aim don't decide either of the other aspect, they are mutual properties that go hand-in-hand. They are literally intertwining properties; speed cannot exist without the influence of aim and vice versa

And the reason why your example was horrid is such : Mod Airman to AR 7/8 (depending on what AR you want to read it in) so it's at some manageable AR when you DT it, this will drastically reduce the reading difficulty (relative to AR 11). Now put on Relax (which removes the variable of accuracy).

Try to maintain a combo above 200 with that. I bet my ass you and a lot of people can't. The point I'm making is; if you're going to use an example, don't make it a completely ridiculous one. It sounds as naive and exaggerated as I was when I first made this thread (and to some degree, present day me)
nrl

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Speed is the ability to do everything else faster. It isn't a thing on its own.
Enhu

Cheese wrote:

Can someone explain to me how can speed be a thing?
How Can Speed Be Real If Our Fingers Aren't Real
laref
Speed is not a thing. Sprinters have just not developed their track reading to beat Usain Bolt yet.
FlyingKebab
Technically if you click fast enough and you can move your mouse or tablets pen fast enough ( which you most certainly can ) it should be possible to get 600pp+ plays however, no one to this day decided to sacrifice that much of his life in order to do that which is a good thing.
Soarezi
How can speed be a thing when there are only 5 fingers in the world?
Synpoo

Enhukan wrote:

Cheese wrote:

Can someone explain to me how can speed be a thing?
How Can Speed Be Real If Our Fingers Aren't Real
Soarezi

Husky wrote:

Cookiezi hasn't got any weakness.

GoldenWolf wrote:

pls, wrong, speed was his weakness, and his accuracy wasn't top-tier for a long time
Cookiezi was still ridiculously fast and his speed was so consistent. Also cookiezi wasnt fast? Eye of aeon 99.5% and that one tatsh map 99.5% and many other speed maps so yeah he was pretty fucking fast
NixXSkate

Soarezi wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

pls, wrong, speed was his weakness, and his accuracy wasn't top-tier for a long time
Cookiezi was still ridiculously fast and his speed was so consistent. Also cookiezi wasnt fast? Eye of aeon 99.5% and that one tatsh map 99.5% and many other speed maps so yeah he was pretty fucking fast
If someone says Cookiezi's weakness was speed, they clearly didn't watch him in his last few months when his speed was increasing stupidly fast. SS-ing the decently long, spaced 270bpm streams in Eye of Aeon without even starting the streams early. On his famous last livestream, he was SS-ing most of the streams in 285bpm Leia. The 99.58% score in 267bpm Four Seasons of Loneliness, and the stupidly far spaced 245bpm streams in Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! with 99.33% were all done so easily and quickly, it's sickening how monstrous Cookiezi was in consistency and at improving in general.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Practically SSing 4D after a break is even crazier unless he regularly practiced offline and maintained skill. The other option being he's so beyond the mortal realm his skill never depriciates. I'm still waiting for him to come back and DT airman+SS hdhr image material.
Vuelo Eluko

thedamntrain wrote:

Practically SSing 4D after a break is even crazier unless he regularly practiced offline and maintained skill. The other option being he's so beyond the mortal realm his skill never depriciates. I'm still waiting for him to come back and DT airman+SS hdhr image material.
i believe cookiezi's explanation was something along the lines of "i dont have a problem with long, slower maps" on his ask.fm when asked how he did it.
tfg50

Narrill wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

If memory serves, it doesn't decrease the hit window as much as HR does (unless it pushes it past 10), and DTable maps generally have lower OD to start with.
OD7+DT=OD9
OD8+DT=OD9.6666
OD9+DT=OD10.3333
The changes on OD with DT are the same as on AR.

On the topic of od10/ar10, I feel like I could SS 4.7-4.9 star maps with HR if it wasn't my poor AR10 reading skills (and aim) and I can't play harder maps with hr at all because of that poor reading so I'd say focusing on reading/acc separately is 100% worth.
Vuelo Eluko
ar7+dt isn't ar9 though
silmarilen
technically it isnt, but it is the same ms so everybody just calls it ar9
RaneFire
One thing you must remember when comparing AR's with DT vs nomod, is that DT essentially speeds up the animated sequence of a lower AR value. Although the duration of the note is the same, the fade-in time of the note is comparatively shorter with DT (by 33%), becoming opaque sooner, rather than spending more time fading in, when the AR is set to an equivalent nomod value in the map settings.
tfg50
If AR7+DT isn't AR9, then you can't say that AR9+DT=AR10.3 but everybody calls it AR10.3
GoldenWolf

tfg50 wrote:

OD7+DT=OD9
OD8+DT=OD9.6666
OD9+DT=OD10.3333
The changes on OD with DT are the same as on AR.
DT does NOT change OD, it only makes the hit window tighter.
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

DT does NOT change OD, it only makes the hit window tighter.
And OD does what then?
silmarilen
increase the amount of spins you need before you get the 1k bonus
show more