forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cheese
NarrillNezzurh has half the plays of Woobowiz and he is 1.1K rank. Your argument is invalid. On top of that his scores are HDHR scores. Much Swag, Very impressive, so Skill.
Its about hit.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
What's more impressive about getting top 1k with 15k plays is the amount of autism in your brain required to play like that. I can imagine these people losing sleep over their playcount/rank ratio.
Cheese

thedamntrain wrote:

What's more impressive about getting top 1k with 15k plays is the amount of autism in your brain required to play like that. I can imagine these people losing sleep over their playcount/rank ratio.
I like you
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Nah. A thread like this shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion. And I'm not that kind of guy who keeps his mouth shut and looks away.
you heard it here first folks, if he doesn't like it, it needs to be gone, because not clicking a thread is so hard!

hey that sounds like the main argument against gay rights
alxnr

[-Cloud-] wrote:

It's still a forum, not a blog. It would be cool, if ppy would creat a section for this.
You can request it : https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/4
Granger

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

autism
You've misspelled "skill."
Since when is playing a metric fuck ton each day skill?
nrl
It isn't.
FlyingKebab
The only thing going for the guy is Play Time to Rank now. Cut him some slack, you can't really change the speed at which you get better, it is kind of a set thing. Those who improve tons in small amounts of plays are lucky to have such a trait others either think or are actually improving at slower rate by virtue( *cough* Lewa *cough*) (I think that word has the opposite meaning but whatevs).
Cheese

FlyingKebab wrote:

The only thing going for the guy is Play Time to Rank now. Cut him some slack, you can't really change the speed at which you get better, it is kind of a set thing. Those who improve tons in small amounts of plays are lucky to have such a trait others ( *cough* Lewa *cough*) either think or are actually improving at slower rate by virtue (I think that word has the opposite meaning but whatevs).
Did you just say that Lewa is improving fast?
Holorin
This thread is full of shitposting now ....
You got 3 and a half years to TRY to reach Cookiezi's level Woob. And keep going at it ;)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Oppai Neko wrote:

This thread is full of shitposting now ....
You got 3 and a half years to TRY to reach Cookiezi's level Woob. And keep goint at it ;)
Meh, I'm over it. And thanks, I definitely will try

Cheese
Can you do some HDHR plays
Soarezi
Told you, he'll give up because it's not mentally nor physically possible
Riox-
I think he means that he's over the shitposting and is just focusing on playing the game. First time posting here but good job!

It only seemed like six months ago that our little boy has left his nest and decided to roam the world in search of the beloved Cokesai skill.
Now he's all grown up and ready to face the world. ;-;
Kappa

EDIT: But seriously, keep doing what you're doing. You've got a lot of people supporting you throughout your osu journey :D
Soarezi
I was predicting the future, he will give up because he'll realize that he will not reach his level, ever, not with that DT farming
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
pp = skill guise
Holorin
Ah when do you stream osu!?
Cause I like to see your practice session but I don't know the time. And when I'm online the line in your signature always says Offline :(
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Oppai Neko wrote:

Ah when do you stream osu!?
Cause I like to see your practice session but I don't know the time. And when I'm online the line in your signature always says Offline :(
I only really stream when I practice/train and I won't really be doing much of that until I hit 4k pp. But when that happens, you can be sure that I'll be streaming Friday to Sunday around the morning in my time ( like 9:30 AM EDT )
Tamako Lumisade
Speed without the fundamentals is a dead speed.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Husky wrote:

Speed without the fundamentals is a dead speed.
I wonder why everyone is saying I lack basics?
Zare
They're desperately searching for something to complain about to make themselves feel better.
Unfortunately, this gets harder as you progress because you're doing stupidly well, so the reasons for complaining become more and more groundless and abstract.
Tamako Lumisade

Zare wrote:

They're desperately searching for something to complain about to make themselves feel better.
Unfortunately, this gets harder as you progress because you're doing stupidly well, so the reasons for complaining become more and more groundless and abstract.
Hello fanboy

And people like you are desperately searching for something against the others' opinion. I've just given him an advice to focus more on precision and reading skills. His unjustified hate for Skystar maps proves that very well. By playing DT he won't be Cookiezi. If he really aims into it, he really should train reading more, HR, HD, HDHR, nomod, precision, playing small CS, low ARs, high ARs and everything. Cookiezi hasn't got any weakness. Why? Because he was a miracle child, who came to our world with a tablet in his hand? No. He overcame them. He fought with it. You have forgotten, the game consists on clicking circles into the rhytm of the song, not "Click as fast as possible".

Woobie doesn't like SS maps. So what does he do? He avoids them. That's not the way it is. And it's just a top of a mountain. And 358 plays of Farmoro Koigoro? Memorizing the map does not increase the skill.

Remember kids, a constructive criticism is much more better than warm words of encouragement.
nrl
It's not that people are saying you lack basics, DT is more than doable with basics. Rather, people are saying that all you have are basics, and they say that because you haven't shown anything exceptional other than speed. Some decent HR plays will remedy this.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Husky wrote:

His unjustified hate for Skystar maps proves that very well.
Unjustified? Have you even seen the bullshit you see in 5+ star Skystar maps? (also I like keeping S.S. as StarStream, whose mapping I highly enjoy)

Husky wrote:

And 358 plays of Farmoro Koigoro?
Have you even considered that Primastella - Koigokoro was one of the first maps I've played? That's just a failed cherry-picking for an argument. Even my original post has a video of my no-mod run of that, now THAT took up the majority of the plays, DT may have been 30-40 plays tops for Delis' Insane and 10 plays tops for the other Insane.

Husky wrote:

Memorizing the map does not increase the skill.
Who said I memorized maps? That's just a baseless and factless statement

Husky wrote:

Remember kids, a constructive criticism is much more better than warm words of encouragement.
That wasn't constructive criticism at all, it was an evaluative statement that I took as a jab to my skills.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

It's not that people are saying you lack basics, DT is more than doable with basics. Rather, people are saying that all you have are basics, and they say that because you haven't shown anything exceptional other than speed. Some decent HR plays will remedy this.
I really am trying, the issue I have is that I haven't invested enough time to adjust to OD 10, and doing that while still learning AR 10 just makes it difficult, I might end up modding AR 9 maps to OD 10 just to figure it out first.

On a slightly separate note, I've been trying for 1 no-mod play, which is Dispel, but nerves seriously gets to me and I end up with 1 or 2 misses.
GoldenWolf

Husky wrote:

His unjustified hate for Skystar maps
How is it unjusified? It's a matter of tastes and opinions. What's wrong with that?

Husky wrote:

By playing DT he won't be Cookiezi. If he really aims into it, he really should train reading more, HR, HD, HDHR, nomod, precision, playing small CS, low ARs, high ARs and everything.
But he's doing just fine so far; focusing on one thing at a time. That seems to work for him so far so it's fine. There isn't one single way to improve on osu!. Keep that in mind.

Husky wrote:

Cookiezi hasn't got any weakness.
pls, wrong, speed was his weakness, and his accuracy wasn't top-tier for a long time too.

Husky wrote:

You have forgotten, the game consists on clicking circles into the rhytm of the song, not "Click as fast as possible".
And you may have forgotten that DT is clicking circles to the rhythm of the song faster, which is harder than nomod.
Tamako Lumisade
That wasn't constructive criticism at all, it was an evaluative statement that I took as a jab to my skills.
If you received it in that way, then my apologies.

Uncle "Good Advice" says, you just should sacrifice a month or a two on slower no-mod maps. Don't tell me, it's worthless. Even playing Skystar maps are worth a lot. If there's an obstacle, you have to kill it. Start with LOVING Skystar maps. You really have to LOVE them. LOVE them with all your body. Shut your weakness. That's the only way, if your road still leads to Cookiezi.

How is it unjusified? It's a matter of tastes and opinions. What's wrong with that?
Nothing though. But he wants to be the very best, right?

But he's doing just fine so far; focusing on one thing at a time. That seems to work for him so far so it's fine. There isn't one single way to improve on osu!. Keep that in mind.
I'm aware of that. Just I know a lot of players, who are 1-category mastah. I back what I've said - Woobie wants to be the best. no 1. It will be very rejecting, playing something else than what you already mastered.
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

I really am trying, the issue I have is that I haven't invested enough time to adjust to OD 10, and doing that while still learning AR 10 just makes it difficult, I might end up modding AR 9 maps to OD 10 just to figure it out first.

On a slightly separate note, I've been trying for 1 no-mod play, which is Dispel, but nerves seriously gets to me and I end up with 1 or 2 misses.
I agree that taking on both OD10 and AR10 at the same time is tough, but you kind just have to forget about the bad plays and push through it. You won't start getting HR FCs for a while, even on easy maps, but that doesn't mean every play isn't worth something.

Also, don't focus on one map. There's no benefit in dropping hundreds of retries in one session, and at a handful a day you can grind dozens of tough maps. Every now and then you'll FC one of them.

GoldenWolf wrote:

And you may have forgotten that DT is clicking circles to the rhythm of the song faster, which is harder than nomod.
It's worth mentioning that the absolute nature of OD makes precise rhythm less important as tempo increases. Interpreting the rhythm is definitely a bear with DT, but playing along once you've done that isn't, provided you have the speed.
GoldenWolf

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

It's worth mentioning that the absolute nature of OD makes precise rhythm less important as tempo increases. Interpreting the rhythm is definitely a bear with DT, but playing along once you've done that isn't, provided you have the speed.
Don't forget DT decreases the hit window, requiring you to be more accurate
silmarilen
playing DT still wont teach you to 99+ acc hr
nrl

GoldenWolf wrote:

Don't forget DT decreases the hit window, requiring you to be more accurate
If memory serves, it doesn't decrease the hit window as much as HR does (unless it pushes it past 10), and DTable maps generally have lower OD to start with.
GoldenWolf
It's true, but it still require you to be more accurate than people seem to think
nrl
Definitely, just not as accurate as an HR play at the same star rating. That was all I meant.
GoldenWolf
okay then
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Definitely, just not as accurate as an HR play at the same star rating. That was all I meant.

GoldenWolf wrote:

okay then
As long as it doesn't end with flames and hatred I am okay with this awkward discussion :D
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
As soon as I stop getting distracted and hit 4k pp, I will train these aspects in this order.

1. Finger Control (because a certain someone made me tilt/frustrated today)
  2. Hard Rock
  3. Low AR (I don't know why I have to, but some people want me to)
These should all train accuracy >_>
Cheese
Can someone explain to me how can speed be a thing? I really don't understand... Everybody can move their pen super fast like idk DT airman but they just cant hit the notes or have accuracy. So in the end yor speed is decided by your aim/reading/accuracy
nrl
Speed is the ability to do everything else faster. It isn't a thing on its own.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Cheese wrote:

Can someone explain to me how can speed be a thing? I really don't understand... Everybody can move their pen super fast like idk DT airman but they just cant hit the notes or have accuracy. So in the end yor speed is decided by your aim/reading/accuracy
Try not to think too much about the game there buddy. Especially with that HORRIBLY disgustingly bad example of DT Airman, like....what did I just read....

Alternatively, your Accuracy is decided by your aim (prevent miss)/speed(moving to the next note)/reading(knowing when to click).
You aim is decided by your reading/speed

What's you're point? Might as well make it a rhetorical question.
Cheese
Its the opposite. Speed is decided by aim. And whats wrong with DT Airman? my "are" point was just a question.
show more