forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd

Cheese wrote:

Seeing how you two are climbing i guess i will start playing ar8 +dt
if you value your worth as a player by how much potato pie you have.

anyway, I declare here that it is my goal too to become a good player, from now on I am going to continue playing as much as Woob so I can progress as well~
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Oh mang you're already 1/2 cookiezi and 2/3 rrtyu keep it up for a few weeks and you can SS freedum dumb and big black ar8 tv size ver.
Vuelo Eluko

thedamntrain wrote:

big black ar8 tv size ver.
Cheese

B1rd wrote:

Cheese wrote:

Seeing how you two are climbing i guess i will start playing ar8 +dt
if you value your worth as a player by how much potato pie you have.

anyway, I declare here that it is my goal too to become a good player, from now on I am going to continue playing as much as Woob so I can progress as well~
Yea i was just kidding there's no way i'm going to end somewhere doing that.
Vuelo Eluko
hey theres nothing wrong with going for some pp, it's not like ppv1 where sheer volume of maps played and getting on top 700 were what mattered, your skill [and to a degree, tenacity] is the defining factor for how much pp you can get. of course it's not the ideal way to improve but if you can get it why not go for it?
Noobsicle

Riince wrote:

hey theres nothing wrong with going for some pp, it's not like ppv1 where sheer volume of maps played and getting on top 700 were what mattered, your skill [and to a degree, tenacity] is the defining factor for how much pp you can get. of course it's not the ideal way to improve but if you can get it why not go for it?
i feel guilty fcing dt maps with little effort and gaining fkloads of pp resulting in rank skyrocketing and faith in self degrading because can't even read ar10 or hr or hd too well for a high rank and people gon laff @ moi 4 bein overranked cant even big black rose and stuffs

noobsicle the li'l bich
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Noobsicle wrote:

Riince wrote:

i feel guilty fcing dt maps with little effort and gaining fkloads of pp resulting in rank skyrocketing and faith in self degrading because can't even read ar10 or hr or hd too well for a high rank and people gon laff @ moi 4 bein overranked cant even big black rose and stuffs

noobsicle the li'l bich
rank doesnt mean shit especially if ur a dt player and ur comparing urself to hrhd players around ur rank
nrl
Rank is a great spitball estimate of overall skill. The thing you have to keep in mind is that everyone plays ahead of their rank to some degree, and the inaccuracy stems from how far ahead each individual player is.
silmarilen
rank is accurate up to a certain degree.
it is hard to tell if someone ranked 800 is actually better than someone ranked 1k, but it is almost certain that they will be better than someone ranked 2.5k
[-Cloud-]
Just ignore thehatetrain and talk about something interesting.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Just ignore thehatetrain and talk about something interesting.
Like creating some crazy theory on why 5.3+ star diff suddenly became easy for me and I began pumping out 190+ pp plays suddenly.

.....oh you said "something interesting" :( :cry:
nrl
coughspeedcoughartificialdifficultycough
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

coughspeedcoughartificialdifficultycough
I have some cough drops if you need some. Take care of yourself man :(
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Since 5.3< is so easy, why don't you just go to the beatmap section, list by 5.25< and start systematically FCing them. Easy.
FlyingKebab
5.3 Star after DT < 5.3 Star < 5.3 Star with HDHR.
Soarezi
So are you going for cookiezi tier or kynan tier
Cheese

Soarezi wrote:

Goldenwolf tier
FlyingKebab

Cheese wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

Goldenwolf tier
Lol'd
nrl
GOLDENLOLF

rekt
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Whelp......that just happened
steelfirez
Holy shit man. You're really dedicated to osu. Like jesus, 30000 plays in 6 months? And you've improved really fast too.
winber1
you can probably do my second darkside rank if you can do that, and second darkside is way overrated in terms of pp
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

Whelp......that just happened
It's sickening how saturated that scoreboard is.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

It's sickening how saturated that scoreboard is.
Huh?
nrl
So many 99+% HDDT scores.
winber1
join the club
Vuelo Eluko
update me on your profile im not bassist vinyl anymore
why im not bolded? i made the first reply in this thread!
nrl
rekt

also you should've stayed in multi yesterday we could've had happy fun times it made me sad :(
Vuelo Eluko
no i wasnt warmed up
i dont feel like playing not warmed up in front of someone i have to see every day
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Riince wrote:

update me on your profile
Done

tokaku
At this rate you're just farming, not actually trying to be good.
Soarezi
BUT RANK = SKILL!111!11!
xGx
Those are some nice scores you've gotten lately, keep going. :]
tokaku

Soarezi wrote:

BUT RANK = SKILL!111!11!
False XdDDDDDDDDDDD
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

tokaku wrote:

I'm sorry that getting at least 1 200pp score everyday immediately after training doesn't satisfy your definition of "actually trying to be good".

You're right, I'm probably still not that good, but please let me have my moment of glory with these top plays....
Top Bunk

tokaku wrote:

Playing more always increases skill regardless. Rank may not be a direct indicator of skill, but even in the sense of "farming", you're still working on and progressing with your skills. So I simply don't understand why anyone would complain about it.

Plus it's kinda rude to just call out on it like that when the person in question has worked rather hard thus far and still has been making plenty of progress. I'm rather envious of Woobowiz's devotion.
[-Cloud-]
Attentionwhoring brings negative shitstorming by people. He has to deal with it.
tokaku

SlasherZX wrote:

tokaku wrote:

Playing more always increases skill regardless. Rank may not be a direct indicator of skill, but even in the sense of "farming", you're still working on and progressing with your skills. So I simply don't understand why anyone would complain about it.

Plus it's kinda rude to just call out on it like that when the person in question has worked rather hard thus far and still has been making plenty of progress. I'm rather envious of Woobowiz's devotion.
He's farming ranks. What I mean is, is he actually trying to reach Cookiezi tier or just Cookiezi's rank? And I think it's long enough that he's been practicing DT. If he continues like this it feels like he's just getting the pleasure out of ranks. Yes it is true that playing more = getting better. But if all of these scores are so easily obtained now? Doesn't it mean he has to move on to harder things that isn't just DT? Playing easy songs all day won't make me any better, but wait! MORE PLAY IS BETTER SKILLZ!1!

tl;dr try to play nomod for a change
Vuelo Eluko
i second that, im still waiting for astrosexy fc
im not sure what his training involves but if its nothing high bpm ar10 or dt stuffs i worry were going to hit happystick tier instead
i like happystick better than cookiezi anyway
Soarezi

Riince wrote:

i second that, im still waiting for astrosexy fc
im not sure what his training involves but if its nothing high bpm ar10 or dt stuffs i worry were going to hit happystick tier instead
i like happystick better than cookiezi anyway
Kynan* happystick can actually play lower AR
show more