forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

Riince wrote:

i just dont think it's very often someone is so bad at reading ar8 that they can't even play a map they can double time FC simply because of the AR.. you'd have to have straight up abysmal reading
\:D/
GoldenWolf
..... \:D/........Yes because posting something random like this contributes to the thread a lot, i know... Whatevs.
GoldenWolf
Maybe you should try to use your brain and think this was a way to say "Hey this sounds like me, I do that!" but Whatevs right?

Also, contribute to what? This thread is a friggin blog about someone's progression, there is nothing to "contribute" about it.

But Whatevs, right?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

GoldenWolf wrote:

"Hey this sounds like me, I do that!"
If it's any consolation, I chuckled at the \:D/

Hmm....I haven't streamed in a while, probably because I don't get much viewers, but I won't be able to get viewers if I don't stream. The struggle is real.
nrl
You're not novel enough in the osu! community to get lots of viewers, and osu! isn't really something a non-player can enjoy watching anyway.

nooblet wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

Change the title to "The Road to Azer-Tier"
Umm ... Why? Azer plays more HDHR than DT.

Also here's another choke, full combo is 1442 with a spinner at the end. Do the math.
Azer chokes a lot, so that joke made sense in a way.

i didn't know every joke anyone make had to be 100% correct
jesus standards are fucking high today
nrl
noobsie assumed you were referring to woob's AR8 DT fetish, since that's kind of a common theme in this thread.
Vuelo Eluko

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

noobsie assumed you were referring to woob's AR8 DT fetish, since that's kind of a common theme in this thread.
ar8dt are bullshit easy sources of pp compared to nomod [compare fcing a 3.5 star map with dt to a 5.00+ star nomod map. yeah...] so it wasnt a huge surprise he got hung up on it.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Sometimes it's a Nightcore fetish, but only on maps with no Vocals.

The 3593 pp thing was itching the back of my head so I had to fix it and hit 3600.

nrl
I didn't say it was surprising.

Woobowiz wrote:

Nightcore
NC > DT
Obviously.

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

ohohohohohoh
okay
ar8dt are bullshit easy sources of pp compared to nomod [compare fcing a 3.5 star map with dt to a 5.00+ star nomod map. yeah...]
the reason why i decided to become a nomod player
i get a big feeling of accomplishment from FCing a 5 star nomod map like when i fc'd this first try
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Faces3 wrote:

i get a big feeling of accomplishment from FCing a 5 star nomod map
I don't, I just feel miserable and say "If I fced this weeks/months ago, it would have been nice pp" D:

Also in my opinion, it's kind of hard to stay accurate with low BPM streams.

Also, 5.02 star maps should give more pp than this :( (Believe me, I'm trying for a 99% run)
nrl
Do them with HDHR. 200+ easy.

Woobowiz wrote:

I don't, I just feel miserable and say "If I fced this weeks/months ago, it would have been nice pp" D:

Also, 5.02 star maps should give more pp than this :( (Believe me, I'm trying for a 99% run)
they give that much because the pp system knows you're a filthy DT player mang
ilikepudge

Faces3 wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

they give that much because the pp system knows you're a filthy DT player mang
DT is not that easy lol

ilikepudge wrote:

DT is not that easy lol

let's be srs doe
AR8 DT is piss easy
nrl
DT has the highest pp to effort ratio on medium-speed maps with easy patterns, like most TV size hards. The difficulty ramps up rapidly as patterns get more complex, which is why you don't see lots of DT plays on complex maps despite their low object density.
winber1

Faces3 wrote:

ilikepudge wrote:

DT is not that easy lol

let's be srs doe
AR8 DT is piss easy
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/83354?m=0

SPOILER
actually this wasn't hard for me

but pp says apparently it kinda is

and it seems that most of my top dt scores are ar8 dt and they have given some decent pp

but that's only because they are old maps and people didn't place ar9 on every insane map they see back then. god damn, people and their high ar's
pls stop
Pettanko
WWW said that DT isn't overweighted and he is higher ranked than all of u and has more subscribers on youtube so he is right
Vuelo Eluko

Pettanko wrote:

WWW said that DT isn't overweighted and he is higher ranked than all of u and has more subscribers on youtube so he is right
you talk like WWW is good lmao, ive gone up like 1200 ranks in 2 days how many has www gone up? Like 1 rank in a whole year? Please. That's just sad.

also

Riince wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

you talk like WWW is good lmao, ive gone up like 1200 ranks in 2 days how many has www gone up? Like 1 rank in a whole year? Please. That's just sad.

also
subtle
Zare

Riince wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

I feel ashamed to admit that this was an entertaining post.
silmarilen

Woobowiz wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

i get a big feeling of accomplishment from FCing a 5 star nomod map

the map is aim heavy (sure there are streams in it aswell, but in the end it is aim heavy) bumping it's star rating up quite a bit while not increasing it's pp worth that much (since it has a low speed value). add to that that you had only barely 98% acc, and there arent that many circles in the map compared to it's max combo, i think 150pp for that score is fine. if you SSed it would probably be around 170 which is fine for a map like that.

to give you a comparison. hoshizora SS is like 185pp
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
lol pp
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
CTS Danger, retried Delrio too much last night and woke up with an aching and slightly swollen clicking wrist. So I'm gonna take it easy for a while and try to not make the same mistake again.
GoldenWolf
The eeend is comiiiing
winber1
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

GoldenWolf wrote:

The eeend is comiiiing
I would like to say it's not. I was just careless last night that's all. Believe me when I say I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice thrice.

EDIT : Oh wait.....I guess this WAS the second time I made that mistake :P I'm not gonna make the same mistake thrice?
GoldenWolf

Woobowiz wrote:

I would like to say it's not. I was just careless last night that's all. Believe me when I say I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice thrice.

EDIT : Oh wait.....I guess this WAS the second time I made that mistake :P I'm not gonna make the same mistake thrice?
You will repeat it over and over and over again, until eventually you won't recover from it. RIP.

winber1 wrote:

10/10
silmarilen

Woobowiz wrote:

RSI Danger
fix'd
nrl
^^ CTS would be numbness in your first three fingers and thumb.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

^^ CTS would be numbness in your first three fingers and thumb.
Well which ever affects pain/numbness in the wrists.

Left wrist is fine now, will wait out 1-2 days just to be safe though
nrl
Pro-tip, don't use your wrist so much. Tap with your fingers.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

I lift my entire hand with my wrist when I single tap. But for alternating and streaming I just use my fingers because lifting my hand is too broad of a motion
GoldenWolf

Woobowiz wrote:

I lift my entire hand with my wrist when I single tap. But for alternating and streaming I just use my fingers because lifting my hand is too broad of a motion
That sounds awfully familiar

RIP woobowiz's wrist soon
Woobowiz will be the new Azer very soon.
FlyingKebab

Woobowiz wrote:

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one that single taps like this :3.
nrl
Seriously, don't do that. Get a cheap splint and immobilize your wrist if you have to, break that habit. Even a hybrid motion will be better for your wrist and boatloads faster in the long run.
Vuelo Eluko

FlyingKebab wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one that single taps like this :3.
i do too
Zare

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Seriously, don't do that. Get a cheap splint and immobilize your wrist if you have to, break that habit. Even a hybrid motion will be better for your wrist and boatloads faster in the long run.

...wat
nrl
Are you confused about finger-tapping or the wrist splint?
show more