The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
2,105
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

be a man and use perfect mod
The screen going dark and retrying for me throws me off so hard. I feel like it'll force a tilt.

Raniemi doesn't use PF mod much, so I'm assuming that's a downside to using PF
winber1
It was half sarcasm, but at the same time I do feel like it helps one get into the mindset of ss-ing things, and may help with getting better accuracy if played enough, though considering I never use it, I am obviously right.
iderekmc

Woobowiz wrote:

Maxis wrote:

Remote Control's difficulty to FC is kind of reliant on your specific skill aspects (I think--personal opinion), it's difficult as all hell if you don't have good aim and won't be worth much if you have poor accuracy. It's a fairly easy map otherwise, and if Woobowiz can already get past those two factors he'd might as well go and FC it now for the pp.

However it's possible he's holding it off to DTHD it in the far future if he hasn't/doesn't want to do it already, and wouldn't want a 1xmiss run at the end to be overwritten by a nomod FC, but by then that problem with the pp system may already be fixed hopefully.
The only problem I have with Remote Control is the 165 bpm, spaced triples in the intro, the jumps are really easy.
I just can't get those triples, if I retry too much, I get a lazy cursor.

So, yes I do suppose I'll hold it off until I can DT HD it


tell me when u dt hd it :D
XGeneral2000

iderekmc wrote:

tell me when u dt hd it :D
We will all know when he does it because there will be Woobowiz doubt threads with squiggly lines.
GoldenWolf

XGeneral2000 wrote:

We will all know when he does it because there will be Woobowiz doubt threads with squiggly lines.
lol'd.
silmarilen
the squiggly lines dont lie
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

Maxis wrote:

Remote Control's difficulty to FC is kind of reliant on your specific skill aspects (I think--personal opinion), it's difficult as all hell if you don't have good aim and won't be worth much if you have poor accuracy. It's a fairly easy map otherwise, and if Woobowiz can already get past those two factors he'd might as well go and FC it now for the pp.

However it's possible he's holding it off to DTHD it in the far future if he hasn't/doesn't want to do it already, and wouldn't want a 1xmiss run at the end to be overwritten by a nomod FC, but by then that problem with the pp system may already be fixed hopefully.
The only problem I have with Remote Control is the 165 bpm, spaced triples in the intro, the jumps are really easy.
I just can't get those triples, if I retry too much, I get a lazy cursor.

So, yes I do suppose I'll hold it off until I can DT HD it


odd because i find the anti jumps at the start very easy and the jumps hard
Pettanko

Riince wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

The only problem I have with Remote Control is the 165 bpm, spaced triples in the intro, the jumps are really easy.
I just can't get those triples, if I retry too much, I get a lazy cursor.

So, yes I do suppose I'll hold it off until I can DT HD it
odd because i find the anti jumps at the start very easy and the jumps hard
it's almost as if you aren't the same person and therefore have different experiences ingame
Vuelo Eluko

Pettanko wrote:

it's almost as if you aren't the same person and therefore have different experiences ingame
if we had the same rank you'd have a point here.
jasian

Riince wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

it's almost as if you aren't the same person and therefore have different experiences ingame
if we had the same rank you'd have a point here.
3k rank players are still volatile in terms of skill. Some are 99% accuracy gods who don't have speed. Others can only DT.
nrl

Riince wrote:

if we had the same rank you'd have a point here.
Rank is irrelevant to his point.
Maxis

Woobowiz wrote:

Maxis wrote:

Remote Control's difficulty to FC is kind of reliant on your specific skill aspects (I think--personal opinion), it's difficult as all hell if you don't have good aim and won't be worth much if you have poor accuracy. It's a fairly easy map otherwise, and if Woobowiz can already get past those two factors he'd might as well go and FC it now for the pp.

However it's possible he's holding it off to DTHD it in the far future if he hasn't/doesn't want to do it already, and wouldn't want a 1xmiss run at the end to be overwritten by a nomod FC, but by then that problem with the pp system may already be fixed hopefully.
The only problem I have with Remote Control is the 165 bpm, spaced triples in the intro, the jumps are really easy.
I just can't get those triples, if I retry too much, I get a lazy cursor.

So, yes I do suppose I'll hold it off until I can DT HD it


I'm having the same problem with Remote Control myself (also I'm pretty bad at OD9). The small jumps/spaced triples at the beginning feel unnatural, so it's hard to get down. It's technically just another reason you need good aim and accuracy, or at least the ability to be able to do weird patterns. :P

I've honestly resorted to just completing the map now even if I miss in the intro both so I can at least practice the rest of the map and also so I don't go on tilt because of it.

litejason wrote:

Riince wrote:

if we had the same rank you'd have a point here.
3k rank players are still volatile in terms of skill. Some are 99% accuracy gods who don't have speed. Others can only DT.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm definitely not a high rank player nor am I very active in the osu! community, but would you agree this is true to a certain extent regardless of rank? Even within the top 10, there's sayo as DT master, rrtyui with his aim, lewa's accuracy... etc. There will always be the "trends" to getting top ranks (right now it's DT), but that aside, essentially every player has their strengths and weaknesses, and especially different experiences ingame, regardless of their pp amount.

Obviously the "general skill level" of a #1 player would be higher than one who's #30k, which at that extreme of an extent will mean they're more likely to do better on Remote Control than the latter, but still... Point being, it's true everyone has different experiences ingame, and rank simply isn't a good way to define specific experiences or skill aspects of one person compared to another.
Soarezi
the thing about rrtyui though is that not only does he have insane aim, he also has ridiculous reading, ridiculous speed and he has some insane accuracy scores aswell, definitely the closest all-rounded player next to cookiezi, niko being insanely good aswell on every aspect of the game.
Zare
I have nothing I'm exceptionally good at ;w;
RIP >65kplays
Vuelo Eluko

Soarezi wrote:

the thing about rrtyui though is that not only does he have insane aim, he also has ridiculous reading, ridiculous speed and he has some insane accuracy scores aswell, definitely the closest all-rounded player next to cookiezi, niko being insanely good aswell on every aspect of the game.
there's also WWW.
Soarezi

Riince wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

the thing about rrtyui though is that not only does he have insane aim, he also has ridiculous reading, ridiculous speed and he has some insane accuracy scores aswell, definitely the closest all-rounded player next to cookiezi, niko being insanely good aswell on every aspect of the game.
there's also WWW.
He doesn't have insane speed though.

We're comparing players to cookiezi though, the only point when white wolf could have won cookiezi was back in early 2012 when they were doing HDHR scores, but then cookiezi started to do the DT scores and thats when white wolf fell behind. niko & rrtyui are the closest to cookiezi so far

I don't think anyones remotely close to cookiezi's consistency though, yet.
Vuelo Eluko
cookiezi's max for long streams was 240 bpm
his aim was far ahead of his speed.
Soarezi

Riince wrote:

cookiezi's max for long streams was 240 bpm
his aim was far ahead of his speed.
Stamina is not the same as speed, his speed was insane.
Vuelo Eluko
280 burst is great, but that's not what people remember him for because there are some people today who can match and even surpass his raw speed.
Soarezi

Riince wrote:

280 burst is great, but that's not what people remember him for because there are some people today who can match and even surpass his raw speed.
What do you need speed for if your aim isnt on par with it?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply